Is it too early to give Whiz an extension?

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
I dont want anybody stealing him from us. He has reached mythical proportions already in my eyes.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When is he signed through? We need to lock up Haley for a couple more years too.

edit: Haley was extended this year through 2010.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont want anybody stealing him from us. He has reached mythical proportions already in my eyes.

He still has 2 years after this one right?

We can extend him sometime next year.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Yes, it's too early. He's got three+ years left on his 5-year deal and Q has two. What kind of message would that send?

Next offseason (after the 2009 season) if the winning continues would be the appropriate time IMO.

seesred

Reaction score
Extend for Whiz..Yes we should! Two years 8-8 and then division.

As for Q we should have last year,

GBR

OP
OP
D

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
What gets me excited is imagine what Whiz is going to do when he gets an offensive line in place and a few more stud defenders.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Whis is still a young head coach. He's still learning...I don't want to get ahead of myself but how great would it be to have a coach stay for a long, long time like Pittsburgh had the luxury of?

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have been impressed with Coach Whiz' from day one...

Listening to his post-game interviews has become part of my weekly routine. He just comes across as a down-to-earth, classy-guy. I'm very happy to see him as the face of our franchise. Hopefully, for many more years to come. You can't put a price on "leadership". Either others will follow you, or they won't. Clearly, he has the heart of this team. GO CARDS!

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
how great would it be to have a coach stay for a long, long time like Pittsburgh had the luxury of?

I would love it. I hope the Cardinals aspire to be at that level.

Since 1969
Noll 23 seasons
Cowher 15 seasons
Tomlin 2 seasons and counting

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
I'm sure Whiz's contract will be extended but their is no rush to do it. Wait until he has his hand in the selection process for the building of our team bench. He's a great believer in having competition for each position, ask Leinart and Edge. I would give him a failing grade though for our overall punting. Perhaps the new punter will do better than the last.

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
give Whiz an extension???

Whew....

When I read that I couldn't help but think of Ontario "Whizzinator" Smith and wonder how in the He!! he would fit that thing in his suitcase then.

I know...old news but its still an embarrassing moment in my Vikings history.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Extend him for another three years. This means he would have 5 years left on his contract.