Is it too early to mock?

TenYearsAfter

Reaction score
I think that Davis Webb will be the biggest riser in the 2017 QB class. That being said here is my extremely early Cards mock for 2017

DraftWired Simulation for Cardinals

Trades:

(19, 44) from CLE for (9)

Picks:

Rd 1 Pk 19 - Davis Webb (QB) California

Rd 2 Pk 41 - Eddie Vanderdoes (DE 3/4) UCLA

Rd 2 Pk 44 - Dan Feeney (G) Indiana

Rd 3 Pk 73 - Jordan Leggett (TE) Clemson

Rd 4 Pk 105 - Amara Darboh (WR) Michigan

Rd 5 Pk 136 - Josh Harvey-Clemons (SS) Louisville

Rd 6 Pk 168 - Kevin King (CB) Washington

Rd 7 Pk 199 - Ben Boulware (ILB) Clemson

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
No freaking way Davis Webb is a first round pick!! And Vanderdoes is not a second round prospect - he came in very highly rated and never lived up to expectations at UCLA -- do we really want to take another high pick on someone with that background???

I like the Feeney and Leggett picks, and honestly don't know much about the rest of the guys listed.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is.....not good.

There's no way Davis Webb will rise that high. Also, no ILB until the 7th round?

Yea, pass.

OP
OP
T

TenYearsAfter

Reaction score
I knew I'd get flack for Webb. I'll refer back to this in March when he's being projected as a potential top 10 pick. Who'd you rather have DeShaun Watson? DeShon Kizer?
I do admit it's quite early though.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I knew I'd get flack for Webb. I'll refer back to this in March when he's being projected as a potential top 10 pick. Who'd you rather have DeShaun Watson? DeShon Kizer?
I do admit it's quite early though.
Yes.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No freaking way Davis Webb is a first round pick!! And Vanderdoes is not a second round prospect - he came in very highly rated and never lived up to expectations at UCLA -- do we really want to take another high pick on someone with that background???

I like the Feeney and Leggett picks, and honestly don't know much about the rest of the guys listed.

I don't know if he's a 2nd rounder but coming off a major injury Vanderdoes was actually really good this year. UCLA doesn't play him like a pass rushing DE they play him like a run stuffer and he's been really good at that. when he goes out there's a dropoff although Tagaloa is going be pretty damn good too. His issue is the knee, he already had one ACL tear and came back overweight a bit, and he had a strained knee this year that slowed him again.

I think maybe 3rd round no idea depends on his knee.

What a nutty way to get hurt too, they had him and Kenny Clark in on offense, threw a TD pass to Clark, Vanderdoes picks him up to celebrate and blows out his ACL.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Goff continues to play OK it will help Webb because NFL people think he has a better arm than Goff.

He is a BA type of QB because he throws a good deep ball, but I'm skeptical because of the systems he played in while in college.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Never too early for a mock!!! I like the trade and the Feeney pick.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Cards have a lot more games to lose yet. We might work our way into the top 5-8 yet.

But I don't think it is ever too early to mock and think about next season. I love doing mock drafts and learning about the next group of busts that will be out their just waiting for us to snag.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Too early to mock, but a great time for cherrypicking players we think would be a good fit for the Cardinals (especially the obscure dudes from places like Pittsburg St., Delaware State, West Texas and the Ivies).

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How good has Kaya the qb from Miami I think been doing? thought I saw several early mocks with the cards taking him.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Too early to mock, but a great time for cherrypicking players we think would be a good fit for the Cardinals (especially the obscure dudes from places like Pittsburg St., Delaware State, West Texas and the Ivies).

Mmm, keim.doesnt have to be so fond in small school prospects, u can get lucky sometimes but most of them werent good

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score

I beg to differ. This is a new site and is the Nuts as far as mock go. Check it HERE out if you like to mock. I can't remember, but it may cost a six bucks, but is so much worth it. Has everything, even can mock with your friends all together. Like we here could all do a mock together, discuss it as we go, research players as we go, do trades of all kinds, and even evaluate trade values. It is all there in one place and so easy and pleasantly done. No, its not my site. I just found it last year and quit using all the others.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
T

TenYearsAfter

Reaction score
Get Romo for the short term, Give the Cowboys the 3rd rounder. Draft Webb rd 2 if he doesn't rise as high as I think he may and get rid of Palmer. Sure Romo is fragile, but he'll be super motivated and with a little luck...

Then Webb could be groomed gradually. He will be better than Goff, book it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05