Is it too early to mock?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Get Romo for the short term, Give the Cowboys the 3rd rounder. Draft Webb rd 2 if he doesn't rise as high as I think he may and get rid of Palmer. Sure Romo is fragile, but he'll be super motivated and with a little luck...

Then Webb could be groomed gradually. He will be better than Goff, book it!

All the luck and motivation can't overcome being fragile...see Kevin Kolb. Romo is an untied shoelace away from injured reserve again.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Its too early to mock rounds, however its never to early to look at players.

At the moment, I think out #1 target should be Reuben Foster. ILB, BAAAAAMA! Cant really go wrong with Bama Backers.

Hes DWash-esque. That sideline to sideline you need. I like Minter, but hes an obsolete model. The days of the 5'10 thumper LB are gone.

Another guy I like is Malik Mcdowell. DT Mich St. I know we just spent (wasted) a pick on a 1st round DT last year, but the need is still there. Maybe Nkemdiche wakes up, and then we have 2 game wreckers on the DL.

OP
OP
T

TenYearsAfter

Reaction score
Its too early to mock rounds, however its never to early to look at players.

At the moment, I think out #1 target should be Reuben Foster. ILB, BAAAAAMA! Cant really go wrong with Bama Backers.

Hes DWash-esque. That sideline to sideline you need. I like Minter, but hes an obsolete model. The days of the 5'10 thumper LB are gone.

Another guy I like is Malik Mcdowell. DT Mich St. I know we just spent (wasted) a pick on a 1st round DT last year, but the need is still there. Maybe Nkemdiche wakes up, and then we have 2 game wreckers on the DL.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Any mock draft that doesn't start with Rueben Foster or state that Rueben Foster is gone is a travesty.

The only other real beef I have is with Kevin King - CB - Washington. He won't make it out of the 4th round, and could go as high as the 2nd.

OP
OP
T

TenYearsAfter

Reaction score
I hear you on King, the draftwired simulator player rankings are usually very good - but this time of year they tend to be all over the map. Foster is a legit top 12 pick and a much better player than his predecessor Ragland. I'd take Allen though (unless you think Nkemdiche is redeemable)

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No matter where we pick, theres a huge probability the BPA will be a defensive player. This is a STACKED D draft.
MY crystal ball says itll be an ILB, DL or CB. Id be happy with any.

However.....for the sake of conversation....offensive players:

Mike Williams is the best WR in the draft. Not a star. Will never replace Larry. A good comparison is actually Mike Floyd. Big bodys with good speed and downfield ability. Dont let Floyds recent problems make you forget hes been a very good player for us in previous seasons.

An OT. Why? Stick him at Guard. Im a huge huge fan of putting OTs at G. Their time at OT has given them better feet and speed than traditional Gs.

OT options:

Cam Robinson. Major red flag is he got caught with weed and a gun, but since it was by Bama police, of course he was an innocent lil fella in the wrong place at the wrong time (place and time being speeding around town at 2am)

Mike Mcglinchey. OT. Notre Dame. Notre Dame just churns out the best OTs in the game. Supremely technical and intelligent players. Problem is the Mcglinchey is probably going back to school. IF he declares.....I think we should be all over him. Just like Dallas did with Zach Martin.

QB - Mitch Trubisky. 1 year wonder? Maybe. But he looks good at the moment.

QB - Deshone Kizer. Possibly the #1 QB taken. But who knows. Maybe he slides. Has a bad combine. Stranger things have happened. Bu anyways, hes shown really good touch on the ball. Think Logan Thomas, now the extreme opposite. Thats Kizer. He doesnt airmail. And the thing to be especially excited about is theres belief that hes much better than hes shown, because hes been stifled by ND coach Brian Kellys garbage offense.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
If DB is an option, you can't go wrong with any of the OSU guys. I like Hooker the best, Conley is probably the most underrated, and Lattimore is very good too.

The bust of the draft as a DB, imo, is Jabril Peppers. He just got his first career INT last week on a tipped ball and, as a DB, when you're best known for your running/return skills, that's major red flag.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Assuming we pick in the 6-11 area and Garrett/ J Allen are gone, my short list would be LB Foster, QB Trubisky, WR Williams, top CB(Lattimore, Conley, Tabor, Q Wilson).... My sleeper would be Vandy LB Z Cunningham-excellent length and athletic ability

Guys I'm not as high on as most in the media would be QB Kizer, DB Peppers- similar reasons as CBus, CB Humphreys

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05