Is Kurt Warner the best QB in Cardinal History?

Is Kurt Warner the best QB in Cardinal History?

• Total voters

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Saw this on the Cards website and thought it might make for some interesting debate... or not. :D

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I think the only other names that can be mentioned here would be Hart and Lomax... and Lomax is a serious stretch in my opinion.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Yes, and I don't think it's even close.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Tony Sacca, Steve Beuerlein, Jay Schroeder, Dave Krieg, Tim Rosenbaugh, Jake Plummer, Dave Brown, Stoney Case, Josh McCown, Jeff Blake... uugh.

Kurt Warner by a mile.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Imagine Jim Hart in the offense

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A lot of also runs have been mentioned but one that I really liked and he inspired me to become a Card fan. That was Charlie Johnson.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Tough call....

Charley Johnson, Jim Hart, Neil Lomax, and now, Kurt Warner. I felt very comfortable with ANY of them at the controls. I do feel that Kurt has MORE "weapons" at his disposal then the other 3 who performed in the "DARK AGES" of Cardinal history.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warner is the First Cardinal QB to lead his team to a Superbowl. That puts him over the top IMO.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't go back as far as Hart, and I really don't remember the Lomax days, so I have to go with yes.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Charley Johnson, Jim Hart, Neil Lomax, and now, Kurt Warner. I felt very comfortable with ANY of them at the controls. I do feel that Kurt has MORE "weapons" at his disposal then the other 3 who performed in the "DARK AGES" of Cardinal history.

I dont know that I agree with that.

Mel Gray and Jackie Smith were considered top tier at their position when they played with Hart. Add to that Terry Metcalf coming out of the backfield. Not to mention 3 yards and a cloud of dust Jim Otis.

AND.... Hart had the best o-line in the league. I loved Hart, but would take Warner in a second.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
I dont know that I agree with that.

Mel Gray and Jackie Smith were considered top tier at their position when they played with Hart. Add to that Terry Metcalf coming out of the backfield. Not to mention 3 yards and a cloud of dust Jim Otis.

AND.... Hart had the best o-line in the league. I loved Hart, but would take Warner in a second.

Hart and Warner have become great friends.You'll see him behind the bench sometimes.Even on the road.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Having seen all of them play I have to go with Hart. Not by much but some of it is his longevity in a Cardinal uniform.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I love me some Neil Lomax, and he had a good six or seven year run...

But Kurt has performed at a higher level then Lomax ever did.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
Having seen all of them play I have to go with Hart. Not by much but some of it is his longevity in a Cardinal uniform.

If Kurt plays out his 2 year contract he'll have played 6 years as a ram and 6 years as a CARDINAL with one year a giant right in the middle.Yet his first season he only threw 4 passes and many of the other years he did'nt play most or all of them.He's already started more games as a CARDINAL than a ram and thrown for more yards as a Cardinal.Tied Marino in the same number of games as the fastest qb's to 30,000 yards and is 5th fastest quarterback in the history of the NFL to 200 touchdown passes and is currently tied with Dan Fouts for #4 with the same amount of 300 yard football games.

The 3 highest yardage games in Super Bowl history.The third highest passing percentage rating in NFL history.Completion percentage 2nd alltime.ETC.....Only 2 quarterbacks to throw for 14,000 yards for two different teams in Warner and Tarkenton with vikes & giants.Yet Fran never won a Ring.The vikes are 0 for 4 in that department.

Fran played with two awesome defensive teams while Kurt did'nt play with the greatest defenses that got him the ball back yet he played on a team that scored 500 points 3 years in a row while only 2 other teams have done it once.Denny Greens vikes with Moss & Carter was one of the other 5.

Only 4 quarterbacks have thrown for over 40 touchdowns in one season.Warner is one of those.Brady,Mannimg,Warner and I can't think of the other.Maybe its Brees or Rivers.Warner was also just over 100+ yards short of a 5000 yard season in 2001 also.

At 9 games this season compared to 11 games in 2001 Warner had thrown almost just as many passes exactly with almost the exact amount of receptions but he had 1000 more yards passing.Probably due to YAD and longer passes in that system.

I'll stop now.Dick Vermeil claims it his job to keep up with all of these stats so he can go into the meeting to speak to the sports writers and try to convince them to make Warner a first ballot Hall Of Famer.Thats his goal in life he says.He loves Kurt as a son.He says he has 22 stats no one has even considered yet. Peter King may need those stats as he's not a big Warner fan.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I've seen Johnson, Hart & Lomax. Johnson was very good at reading a defense, Hart had a cannon & Lomax would have been a HOF'er if his career had not been prematurely ended. That being said, Warner no doubt gets the nod. One of the most accurate passers in NFL history, let alone Cardinal history.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This has come up before and the answer is still the same. It is really a sad commentary when a QB with what amounts to 2 great seasons with the Cardinals is talked about as the greatest in their history.

Nothing against Warner just the Cards history.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05