Is too early to start Clayton Tune?

Too early for Tune to start?

• Total voters

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I see a certain somebody still riding with 4th choice QB
That's me.

Dobbs was put in a bad spot with a bad OL against a very good DL. He's only been with the team a couple weeks. I think his mastery of this offense is overstated.

Only the Cards know when Kyler's really coming back. If he's coming back week 6 (which is kind of what I expect -- finish the PUP period and ramp up to game shape over two weeks), I totally understand them wanting to get a look at Tune over the last couple games of that period. I have little doubt that the staff thinks that Dobbs gives us the best chance to win -- which should really tell you something about how Tune is performing on the practice field and the meeting room.

This team is going nowhere. Getting Tune a couple of starts is probably meaningless for the trajectory of either the Cardinals 2023 season or Tune's career. I doubt that he helps us win any more games, but I'm guessing he will make a couple otherwise-close games blowouts by not understanding NFL speed and putting the ball in danger.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your choices suck ass.

It's too soon to start Tune.
But no, I really don't want more Dobbs.

But Dobbs is what we have.
The problem with Dobbs is he’s just pointless. He’s not a part of the future and presently, he’s still one of the worst QBs in football.

I get not throwing a 5th round rook right to the wolves immediately, but if Dobbs continues to be abysmal, you’ve got to start looking at a guy you actually drafted sooner rather than later.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's me.

Dobbs was put in a bad spot with a bad OL against a very good DL. He's only been with the team a couple weeks. I think his mastery of this offense is overstated.

Only the Cards know when Kyler's really coming back. If he's coming back week 6 (which is kind of what I expect -- finish the PUP period and ramp up to game shape over two weeks), I totally understand them wanting to get a look at Tune over the last couple games of that period. I have little doubt that the staff thinks that Dobbs gives us the best chance to win -- which should really tell you something about how Tune is performing on the practice field and the meeting room.

This team is going nowhere. Getting Tune a couple of starts is probably meaningless for the trajectory of either the Cardinals 2023 season or Tune's career. I doubt that he helps us win any more games, but I'm guessing he will make a couple otherwise-close games blowouts by not understanding NFL speed and putting the ball in danger.
All the negatives you mention by starting Tune are exactly what Dobbs is already doing. Least Tune got a bit of possible upside.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
That's me.

Tune as is, is not 4.4 ypc bad, idk what game you were watching amigo but Dobbs plays unwinnable football. This we know. Tune can actually throw the ball further than 10 yards, and can run for another 10 when he feels the pressure coming. If the goal is to win the game than you keep Dobbs out of it, at all costs. That game shouldn't have even been that closr

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Tune as is, is not 4.4 ypc bad, idk what game you were watching amigo but Dobbs plays unwinnable football. This we know. Tune can actually throw the ball further than 10 yards, and can run for another 10 when he feels the pressure coming. If the goal is to win the game then you keep Dobbs out of it, at all costs. That game shouldn't have even been that closr
None of us know that. The coaches have a better idea and ran Dobbs out there.

That should tell you something.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
None of us know that. The coaches have a better idea and ran Dobbs out there.

That should tell you something.
I think we tried something and we saw it fail miserably - coaches included

Gannon wanted to win that game, I think Gannon likes Tune

I also think Petzing wanted to start Dobbs over Tune and got his way

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think we tried something and we saw it fail miserably - coaches included

Gannon wanted to win that game, I think Gannon likes Tune

I also think Petzing wanted to start Dobbs over Tune and got his way
I guess we'll see. Gannon liked Tune so much we traded for Dobbs, then started him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake