Is too early to start Clayton Tune?

Too early for Tune to start?

• Total voters

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I guess In order to not rush things with Tune and jeopardizing his learning curve
He was a big investment :rolleyes: for the franchise, they want to protect him
I'm asking about his specific comment that makes it seem the HC and OC were in differing opinions and the OC got his way. What's that based on?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree. When you fumble twice it usually cost you the game.
So, we didn't have the ball twice down by 1 and 4 respectively in the 4th quarter? Ertz didn't drop a TD pass and a key 1st down? You disagree with all of that? And I'm not sure how many players survive the way the pocket collapsed on one of those fumbles.

He played good enough to give us a chance win.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Like K9 said, I assume that based on practice evaluation the coaches believe that Dobbs gives the Cardinals the best chance to win, which isn't saying much. I would also assume that they don't want to put Tune in before he's ready, and possibly destroy his confidence and body. My guess is that Dobbs gets a few more games to show something and it also gives Tune a few more weeks to watch and learn. By week 4 or 5, I fully expect to see Tune.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dobbs is awful noooo arm strength boring qb....

i say start tuna vs giants let him develop bef murray magic returns lol

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
We competed with a chance to win in the 4th In the rain.
‘I don’t know how much protection Tune needs, but looks like the best chance to win. Presumably more upside.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, we didn't have the ball twice down by 1 and 4 respectively in the 4th quarter? Ertz didn't drop a TD pass and a key 1st down? You disagree with all of that? And I'm not sure how many players survive the way the pocket collapsed on one of those fumbles.

He played good enough to give us a chance win.
Just good enough to lose. The pass to Ertz should on the numbers. We’re talking about a 10 yard pass.
We scored ZERO.
touchdowns inspite of the defense giving him 3 additional possessions….and scored a td.
But hey, if you think that’s good enough , I won’t argue.

Last edited:

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I guess I missed those quotes of Gannon saying he preferred Tune or likes Tune over Dobbs. All I've heard is him say positive things about each QB, never tipping his hand of preference.
I never said that - but hey - whatever makes your boat float or finds your lost remote :thumbup:

Reaction score
Watch this if you think Tune is ready to start:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So you watched it, now what do you say?

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Watch this if you think Tune is ready to start:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So you watched it, now what do you say?
There's another video that came out just today - 4 quarters long with no touch downs - 4.4 ypc (that's including yards after catch) or he holds on to the ball too long

now what do you say my man

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
No doubt Dobbs play was compromised by the O-Line play. That said if the Cards were afraid Tune would play like a rookie, that’s exactly how Dobbs played. I thought the fact that the Cards started the last drive with a 4 yard pass said all I needed to know about their assessment of Dobbs’ skills.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
No doubt Dobbs play was compromised by the O-Line play. That said if the Cards were afraid Tune would play like a rookie, that’s exactly how Dobbs played. I thought the fact that the Cards started the last drive with a 4 yard pass said all I needed to know about their assessment of Dobbs’ skills.
Word big bird - we weren't in that game because of Dobbs - we were in that game despite Dobbs

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake