It is actually pretty funny...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
What is funny, how after one game against possibly the best team in the NFL, it seems a lot of people on this board are pushing the panic button. Let me tell you something which shouldn't be much of a secret... Jake Plummer would have thrown about 4 picks trying to do it all by himself and McGinnis surely would have coached this team to more than a 11 point lose (lets say the score would have been more like 9 Cards- Pats 45). McCown is being burned by some posters after this and game but in reality... WAKE THE FU@K UP!, THIS IS HIS FIRST FULL YEAR STARTING. Belichik (sp?) can make Peyton Manning look bad, and then he gets 10 full days to plan a gameplan against basically a first year QB in a new system. Everyone calm down, take a chill pill... hell, take the whole bottle. This team will get better and the Cards will win their share of games.

Thank you for letting me get that out of my system. :p

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not panicking!

Just know what I see on the field. Including the St.Louis game. That was a classic ass whoopin without the score showing the true tail of the game.

This team is getting manhandled on both sides of the ball. That is a fact!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see improvement in this team. I also think we have been in each game until the middle of the 4th. I dont know why all the long faces. Sure we havent won either game, but cmon we are Cards fans its not your actually used to our team winning. :D

Reaction score
Denny Green said:
"Not many teams win in St. Louis, and at least 16 teams before us haven't beaten New England."

Granted, the Cardinals have some areas to work on, primarily the play of the OL and defensing the run. But overall they just played two tough games and they were in both games until late in the fourth quarter.

We all hoped for better than 0-2 at this juncture, but did anyone honestly expect better! The main focus needs to be on improving the problem areas and continuing to work, scratch and claw each and every play.

It will come around... :cards:

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Nothing looks great on this team with the exception of Racker's kicking and maybe some of the other special teams stuff. In my view however, the only things that aren't showing improvement from last year are the offensive line and the run defense. When you are rebuilding a 4-12 team, the question to me is, did we bottom out last year or will we have to melt the thing down even futher before we can expect marked improvement? Right now, to me it looks like Green may be able to improve this thing this year. I expected blow outs in both games. Instead the secondary played well, the defense shut the opposition down in the red zone, forced some turnovers, and the offense sustained a few drives. To me, that evidence points towards our team progressing and improving. I think its going to be a tough year with a lot of losses. But I believe Green will get the foundation laid for a consistently winning football team in the years to come.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No one has been more critical of Green than I have.

And at this point I still have problems with some of the things that have transpired on both the O and D lines.

Some of them are done deals and past history now though, so there's no use in crying over perceived dumb-arsed moves that can't be "taken back" now.

Actually this team has been more competitive in the first 2 games than I realistically thought they might be.

In spite of denials to the contrary, it seems some people ARE panicking. But again that's nothing unusual. It seems every year about this time there's always those who are ready to condemn some players for their having a perceived "bad game" or two.

I'm still worried about some of the line problems, but even I am willing to give Green a little more time before I ask for last rites.

And to jump on Josh, the way some are, is just flat asinine in my estimation, and an indicator of a very impatient, "waaaa, I want my toys now" mentality.

To quote the great Skkorp..."patience grasshoppers". :thumbup:

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Not panicking!

Just know what I see on the field. Including the St.Louis game. That was a classic ass whoopin without the score showing the true tail of the game.

We were five points down in the fourth. I thought we had a chance. I thought we had a chance in St Louis. Would we have been in the same position with Mac? I doubt it.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are 3 ways you can evaluate your team -

1. Wins & Losses

2. How it plays fundamental FB in an absolute sense

3. How it plays fundamental FB given the competition.

In my opinion, (a) there's hope and, yes, (b) we played two very good teams but (c) we didn't play very good football in several areas (with major structural concerns about the D-Line and no light at the end of the O-Line tunnel yet); however, (d) there's no reason why we can't improve week to week in many areas until we're a decent team.

Bottom Line - Not all Kool Aid/Not All Darkside. We are what we are.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Tangodnzr said:
And to jump on Josh, the way some are, is just flat asinine in my estimation, and an indicator of a very impatient, "waaaa, I want my toys now" mentality.

First time I have ever agreed with you Tango. Never thought that would happen in my Life's span. :rolleyes: But really to get so upset over the Cards losing to a team that are the Super Bowl Champs and have an 18 game winning streak going, is completely ********. This McCown bashing makes no sense at all. The funny part is you guys act like this team should have beat the Pats

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Tangodnzr said:
Actually this team has been more competitive in the first 2 games than I realistically thought they might be.

In spite of denials to the contrary, it seems some people ARE panicking. But again that's nothing unusual. It seems every year about this time there's always those who are ready to condemn some players for their having a perceived "bad game" or two.

I'm still worried about some of the line problems, but even I am willing to give Green a little more time before I ask for last rites.

Great post...totally agree.

Did I just say that? :shrug:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Tangodnzr said:
No one has been more critical of Green than I have.

And at this point I still have problems with some of the things that have transpired on both the O and D lines.

Some of them are done deals and past history now though, so there's no use in crying over perceived dumb-arsed moves that can't be "taken back" now.

Nice Post. What's going to be said if we start 0-3 (a real strong possibility). But after going through a new coaching staff, numberous personell changes and a not so smooth pre-season, can anyone be surprised! We have basically a rook QB orchestrating a O with it's best pieces missing -- Q, and Shipp -- as far as we know.

We need to come out in force @ the Home Game against NO and will an important W.W in that Game. That is what we can do here.
Come out to the game. :cards:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Not panicking!

Yeah Shane, but last year the score would have indicated as much.
Seriously, I could have handled getting mopped on both sides of the ball if we had come out of it with a W, which surprisingly we had a chance of getting. Man, sometimes you gotta travel the distance with baby steps whatever the hell that means. LOL! :shrug:

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
Jetstream Green said:
What is funny, how after one game against possibly the best team in the NFL, it seems a lot of people on this board are pushing the panic button. Let me tell you something which shouldn't be much of a secret... Jake Plummer would have thrown about 4 picks trying to do it all by himself and McGinnis surely would have coached this team to more than a 11 point lose (lets say the score would have been more like 9 Cards- Pats 45). McCown is being burned by some posters after this and game but in reality... WAKE THE FU@K UP!, THIS IS HIS FIRST FULL YEAR STARTING. Belichik (sp?) can make Peyton Manning look bad, and then he gets 10 full days to plan a gameplan against basically a first year QB in a new system. Everyone calm down, take a chill pill... hell, take the whole bottle. This team will get better and the Cards will win their share of games.

Thank you for letting me get that out of my system. :p

I agree with you 100%

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
This team is more or less where I thought it would be. In doing the annual win/loss projection in looking at the schedule, these last two games were “Ls” in even my most optimistic scenarios.

I am encouraged that in both games where I saw the possibility of ugly losses, they had a chance in the fourth quarter. This team isnt that far away from winning. That being said, to be intellectually honest, this team was also not that far away from being totally blown out in their first two games as well.

It will be interesting to see how the next two games go relative to the first – in the first two they faced relatively immobile QB’s who are masters at finding the open man and delivering the ball on target, complemented by excellent RBs. Atlanta and NO are almost the opposite – very mobile guys who aren’t as accurate but very dangerous outside the pocket, complemented with average running backs.

To have any chance at a season that exceeds broad expectations, the Cardinals have to win 2 of the next three games, leaving them at 2-3 going into the bye week, and hopefully, getting Boldin back shortly thereafter.

Urubu Rei

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with most of the posts, and I will keep the optimism high!

It will be important to see if the the team will continue to play in an agressive mode as the season goes, and the results are negatives.

I think that the players that show up every week will be the ones forming the nucleus for the future winning seasons.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Not panicking!

We appraently saw the same game.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Not panicking!

Looking at NFL stats yesterday. As I recall we were last or next to last in nearly all catagories. I do not know how what we have done so far can be seen as an improvement. Worst possible sceniero is for Josh to have one or two good games this year and be sucked in to thinking he is on the way. We did this with Jake. He would have a great quarter and then stink up the place and we could never decide if he was real or what.

mdsisquo

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
en fuego said:
Atlanta and NO are almost the opposite – very mobile guys who aren’t as accurate but very dangerous outside the pocket, complemented with average running backs.

Sorry, But Deuce McAllistar is not an average RB, he is in the top 5 in the NFL. You can make a case for him to be in the Top 3. He had like 9 straight 100 yard games last year. Not average numbers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05