It's Clear To Me!

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
The Cards have failed due the organizations FAILURE to address it's most glaring need to date. The O-Line! Edge, Warner and now Leinart are proving the woeful job the team has done in correcting the biggest cause of FAILURE! Just maybe Arrington and Shipp are not as bad as perceived. How does that $10 million under the cap look now? It looms larger with every pitiful performance. Isn't it obvious that Big and Ross can't handle speed rushing ends? We need a true LT and a true RT. Move Ross and Big in at gaurd if they are our best linemen and get those tackles. Trade 1st and 2nd round picks to make it happen if there is anyone available. Aren't the Jets loaded with them? Do something before Leinart gets killed!

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Cards have failed due the organizations FAILURE to address it's most glaring need to date. The O-Line! Edge, Warner and now Leinart are proving the woeful job the team has done in correcting the biggest cause of FAILURE! Just maybe Arrington and Shipp are not as bad as perceived. How does that $10 million under the cap look now? It looms larger with every pitiful performance. Isn't it obvious that Big and Ross can't handle speed rushing ends? We need a true LT and a true RT. Move Ross and Big in at gaurd if they are our best linemen and get those tackles. Trade 1st and 2nd round picks to make it happen if there is anyone available. Aren't the Jets loaded with them? Do something before Leinart gets killed!

Oh please.

Replace "organization" with "Green" and then you'll have something there.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Oh please.

Oh, please. Why is Step still starting? He is horrible - everyone knows it all starts with the o-line, and the leader of the o-line is the center.

Both Edge are Kurt have said "we (read o-line) need to get better at recognizing the unexpected." Obviously the center is not making the right line calls and recognizing disguised blitzes.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

No the Jets are starting a castoff - Clement at RT. Their won't be any help this yr. For what Davis will want He may be history. How can someone his size not run block well? And yes he is only adequate at pass blocking esp., against the speed rushers. Kearny overmatched him today.

OP
OP
CardShark

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
Oh please.

Green alluded to it when Seattle added another starting receiver. They are willing to spend to be successful. When I say organization, I include Green in that with his coaches. They are a collective mess.

OP
OP
CardShark

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
Maybe when Green is gone we'll find out who was really deciding on whom to target in free agency. Game decisions fall squarely on Green though.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
No the Jets are starting a castoff - Clement at RT. Their won't be any help this yr. For what Davis will want He may be history. How can someone his size not run block well? And yes he is only adequate at pass blocking esp., against the speed rushers. Kearny overmatched him today.

And the Fox guys gave props to Jeremy Bridges starting at right tackle in Caroline saying he did a solid job.

So again, why is Step still starting? How many times did he trip Warner today? How many times did he get run over by the nose tackle? I lost count after 4....

traveler

Registered
Reaction score
Step starts because Green drafted him. A bad coach won't admit his mistakes. Lechey was good last year, but he was drafted 5th so Step must be better. Pendergast is a good coordinator, our next head coach.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Step starts because Green drafted him. A bad coach won't admit his mistakes. Lechey was good last year, but he was drafted 5th so Step must be better. Pendergast is a good coordinator, our next head coach.

We need someone with more experience. We don't need to go that route.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Its worthless to even discuss replacing Green until after the season -- this isnt baseball where a new manager and a adding a pitcher at the trading deadline can rally a team into the playoffs --

in the NFL, switching coaches at midseason doesnt get you anything.

Finally, starting Leinart will save Denny for one more year ---

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Finally, starting Leinart will save Denny for one more year ---

That, right there is the biggest problem. denny doesn't deserve to be saved. He created alot of this mess all by himself. He should not get yet another free pass. The ONLY way he saves his job at this point is if the team rights itself and makes the playoffs. That is the ONLY way he should be brolught back.

Some gave him 7-9 to start the year and he was safe. Well he burned that bridge last week and then relit the fire this week. 8-8? as much as that passes for a championship year in these parts, the team should be paying for Allied Van lines to ship Dennys crap (both household and verbal) back to SD and ESPN.

He finishes the year and barring a miracle, he is gone.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm not on the get rid of Denny band wagon. It's not his fault we're $10 million under the salary cap when there were several solid offensive linemen available.

To me, he's the reason we've had the influx of talent through the draft (I can't remember the last time we've come close to getting this much talent on our team). If we get a solid offensive line together, we'll be a playoff team. But until the Bidwill's decide to use the entire cap space to address the team needs, we're not going anywhere regardless of the coach.

You can't tell me that every single coach we've had in the last 20 years was the reason for our failure. At some point, the Bidwills have to stop the coaching carousel and look at their business plan.

As it stands, they're more interested in the bottom line than win-loss totals, and this isn't news.

Last edited:

artp

Registered
Reaction score
If Leinart and the Cardinals have any success the remainder of the season, Denny will keep his job in 2007. I have always thought a new HC should get 4 yrs to rebuild to the Playoffs. Denny is in his 3rd year, and for all the clamor about talent upgrade, the Cardinals are no better than they were when Denny started. If the team shows anything with Leinart, Denny will get that 4th yr, IMO. He'll have one year to prove he deserves it.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
If Leinart and the Cardinals have any success the remainder of the season, Denny will keep his job in 2007. I have always thought a new HC should get 4 yrs to rebuild to the Playoffs. Denny is in his 3rd year, and for all the clamor about talent upgrade, the Cardinals are no better than they were when Denny started. If the team shows anything with Leinart, Denny will get that 4th yr, IMO. He'll have one year to prove he deserves it.

Please no.

artp

Registered
Reaction score
The alternative is that Leinart gets beaten up and the Cardinals are a bottom of the barrel NFL team like they were when D Green began. At this point 4 - 12 won't save Green. But will it ruin Leinart?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The alternative is that Leinart gets beaten up and the Cardinals are a bottom of the barrel NFL team like they were when D Green began. At this point 4 - 12 won't save Green. But will it ruin Leinart?

no - the kid's tougher than nails - did 4-12 ruin Manning? Did 1-15 ruin Troy Aikman? Let the kid take his licks now while we have an awful coach so he can learn what NOT to emulate.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
no - the kid's tougher than nails - did 4-12 ruin Manning? Did 1-15 ruin Troy Aikman? Let the kid take his licks now while we have an awful coach so he can learn what NOT to emulate.

I would have to say odds are it will not have any meaningful effect on his mental game but you gotta be a tad bit concerned about the physical beating he may (will) take behind this OL. Career ending injuries are alot more rare than a while back but an serious injury could knock him out alot of next year if the OL isn't careful. We are asking the turnstiles to protect the futre here and we have to be prepared for the future to get broken behind these hacks.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have to say odds are it will not have any meaningful effect on his mental game but you gotta be a tad bit concerned about the physical beating he may (will) take behind this OL. Career ending injuries are alot more rare than a while back but an serious injury could knock him out alot of next year if the OL isn't careful. We are asking the turnstiles to protect the futre here and we have to be prepared for the future to get broken behind these hacks.

Cubbie - we're the Cardinals - I'm fully expecting his leg to fall off at some point this season anyway.

OP
OP
CardShark

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
The danger of losing Dennis Green

If Green's tenure here does come to an end, I wouldn't put it past him to let all of the Cardinal sins be known to the NFL world. If it's true that the checkbook was closed after signing Edge. If Green wanted to go after more free agents, linemen in particular, and was told no. The danger would be that no other quality coach would ever think of coming here as long as Bidwill is the owner. I'm not trying to defend Green here. I'm just hoping that the organization is fulfilling it's pledge to do everything possible to make this team successful with the new stadium revenue. If not this team will never amount to anything and Green will be the last successful coach that ever took a chance here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05