Supporting Member
Reaction score
ActingWild said:
Now introducing your South American Cardinals! :mad:

Are we going to play in Brazil??? :confused:

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sorry, the world seemed to turn upside down there for a second with the thought of losing a home game! :doofus:

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Alan said:
Well the game is on a Sunday... hopefully ESPN would carry it.

I don't see why they wouldn't. The NFL is all about self-promotion and with a regular season game being played in a foreign country for the first time EVER ... I'm sure they will promote the ever living hell out of it. I highly doubt this will be swept under the rug

Just to take my point further, I believe all of the other previous games played in Mexico were shown nationally (most of which on MNF preseason)

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
WizardOfAz said:
There were less than 29,000 tickets distributed to the Saints game at SDS last year - what's your point?!?

Well you obviously do not subscribe to the home field advantage (no travel, fans etc..)

I do. Whats your point?

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Whats your point?

Last season in SDS, the team and the league are giving a team that - let's be honest - doesn't deserve this much exposure some time in the spotlight. Further, I am pretty sure that the team will make more - probably much more - money from this game than they would if it was played at SDS. Further, if the NFL is serious about getting teams to 'volunteer' for this junket to Mexico City, I'd rather they do it now than when they are playing in the new facility, wouldn't you?

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
I agree on let's be fair. A Vegas location for the SFO's home game against the Cards would be awesome and give me another excuse to go gamble! Sign me up now!

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
I'm sure the NFL is throwing a lot of cash their way to forfeit a home game against a division foe. What this cash gets spent on is my biggest concern. The ticket money (which gets split 60/40 among both teams anyways) isn't the cash cow the Bidwills are looking for.

The Cards might be spending it right now. We have been very active in free agency this year and are probably closer to the salary cap as we have ever been.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it has to be Mexico, why couldn't they choose a more Northern city like...Tucson? :shrug:

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
WizardOfAz said:
Last season in SDS, the team and the league are giving a team that - let's be honest - doesn't deserve this much exposure some time in the spotlight. Further, I am pretty sure that the team will make more - probably much more - money from this game than they would if it was played at SDS. Further, if the NFL is serious about getting teams to 'volunteer' for this junket to Mexico City, I'd rather they do it now than when they are playing in the new facility, wouldn't you?

Do you know what our hom record was last year vs our road.

No other team will volunteer.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05