Jalen Hurts now highest paid player in NFL history

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
First off, Mahomes threw 26 TDs that season not 50 and rushed for 2 more. Mahomes had total 4200 yards.

Jalen threw for 22 and rushed for 13. Jalen had total 4400 yards.

35 is more than 28, right? 4400 is more than 4200, right?

I am comparing 24 years old 3rd year, second as a starter for both players. The same year they both went to their first SB.

But if you want to compare second years when Mahomes threw for 50 TD. Mahomes had 3 PB players on offense, plus Kareem Hunt. Hurt had ZERO.
And that was a DOWN year for Mahomes.

He has averaged 38 TDs passing his career.

Hurts has one good season and you're acting like he's great. He's just as likely to regress to his previous play than he is to get better.

It's an awful contract for a guy who had one good year.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And that was a DOWN year for Mahomes.

He has averaged 38 TDs passing his career.

Hurts has one good season and you're acting like he's great. He's just as likely to regress to his previous play than he is to get better.

It's an awful contract for a guy who had one good year.
Wierd that you thumbs downed actual facts. Please tell me what wasn't factual then.

And again, if you have a better comparison, please provide it. This is the second time I'm asking.

And while you're at it, name 10 QBs who are better please?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Wierd that you thumbs downed actual facts. Please tell me what wasn't factual then.

And again, if you have a better comparison, please provide it. This is the second time I'm asking.

And while you're at it, name 10 QBs who are better please?
I thumbs down your conclusion.

Kyler Murray literally has three seasons comparable to the ONE season Hurts has had. It's damn recency bias to think he's top ten. He was hot garbage going into last season.

I'm not your monkey and I don't dance when you say dance, LOL :p

Like @kerouac9 showed, he was 10th in DVOA and DYAR. He was the 10th best QB and he was playing better than he ever has.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Kyler Murray literally has three seasons comparable to the ONE season Hurts has had. It's damn recency bias to think he's top ten. He was hot garbage going into last season.

Like @kerouac9 showed, he was 10th in DVOA and DYAR. He was the 10th best QB and he was playing better than he ever has.

He wasn't 10th best QB, he was near top in QBR, QB rating and ANY/Y (which some believe is one of the most important stats) among many others.

He was 10th adjusted on schedule, which doesn't seem to be a knock on any other QB's that I've seen in the past couple years here. He doesn't choose who he plays and he balled out all season.

Hot garbage was Kyler last year, and Hurts was certainly not elite, but decent his first starting year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
He wasn't 10th best QB, he was near top in QBR, QB rating and ANY/Y (which some believe is one of the most important stats) among many others.

He was 10th adjusted on schedule, which doesn't seem to be a knock on any other QB's that I've seen in the past couple years here. He doesn't choose who he plays and he balled out all season.

Hot garbage was Kyler last year, and Hurts was certainly not elite, but decent his first starting year.
Murray's worst year is as good as Hurts second best season.

Hurts is getting wildly overrated.

14th most passing TDs. 10th most yards.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Hurts was in serious MVP discussion up until his injury and then missed several games.

ANY/A stat takes into account those yards and TD's you mentioned.

Murray has yet to put together a complete season. Let alone being a turnover machine

Hurts plays a clean game.

Yards are cool, Geno got over 4k, Kirk got 4500 too. Both got more touchdowns too. Both are pretty meh.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So you couldn't find 10 better QBs?

Check that!

But if you are basing purely on DVOA, then this is the top 10 list.

It's on record that you think Lawrence, Tua, Jimmy G, Geno Smith, Goff or Tom Brady were better last year. And that you think Goff was the 2nd best QB!

You must be registered for see images attach
[

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ummmm, Hurts has only played two full seasons and is 24. And second, Hurts went to a Super Bowl. This is just silly at this point.

Here is an interesting stat. Jalen has 2 less wins 19 less games played.
Kyler 25-31-1
Jalen 23-11

And I love Kyler!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Hurts was in serious MVP discussion up until his injury and then missed several games.

Murray has yet to put together a complete season. Let alone being a turnover machine

Yards are cool, Geno got over 4k, Kirk got 4500 too. Both got more touchdowns too. Both are pretty meh.

I like Hurts Zalixar. Don't get me wrong. I love his intangibles. I love how unshakable he is. He is a leader. Big time.

Plus he took his passing game to a higher level this year, that's true, and that plus his running ability makes him, like many agree, at least a top ten QB.

But he did have a lot of talent around him this year. It will be interesting to see if he can string two years like this together in a row.

Also, I think that's a lot of money to pay a QB that takes so many hits. I agree he's got the build to take some punishment. He's better suited to do so their either Murray or L. Jackson for that matter.

But man. Getting popped by 220 LBs six seven eight times a game... I don't know.. he needs try to get down more when he becomes a runner or I'm afraid it's going to start catching up with him in a couple of years.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Ummmm, Hurts has only played two full seasons and is 24. And second, Hurts went to a Super Bowl. This is just silly at this point.
Playing an easy schedule.

And so what? See the next point...
Here is an interesting stat. Jalen has 2 less wins 19 less games played.
Kyler 25-31-1
Jalen 23-11

And I love Kyler!
If football was a 1v1 game this would matter.

Otherwise it's a nonsense statistic.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
So you couldn't find 10 better QBs?

Check that!
Nope. I'm not your clown that dances when you say dance.
But if you are basing purely on DVOA, then this is the top 10 list.

It's on record that you think Lawrence, Tua, Jimmy G, Geno Smith, Goff or Tom Brady were better last year. And that you think Goff was the 2nd best QB!

You must be registered for see images attach
[
Exactly. Proves the point that when you parse for schedule, Hurts is even less impressive. Thanks!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Media awards! Wow so was Murray in 2021. That means a lot.
Ok. Some analytic stat loves him.

He's a good game manager who also runs real well. Nothing special.
Well those meh players outperformed him.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Media awards! Wow so was Murray in 2021. That means a lot.

Ok. Some analytic stat loves him.

He's a good game manager who also runs real well. Nothing special.

Well those meh players outperformed him.

Um All Pro, All Decade, Pro Bowl, MVP, etc are all media awards yes, so sure as meaningful as you want to make it. It usually bears HoF eligibility, so I would say they have meaning behind them. He didn't get but he was close/leading until the end. No, Kirk nor Geno were ever serious in the conversation.

Kyler for not even half a season, so in presuming your sarcastic tone, you're right, 7 games means nothing in that regard. In 4 years that's as far as he got and honesty I think as far as he ever gets, because he struggles to put up a consistent season.

Well you seem to certainly cling onto the stats you like for your arguments, in which I don't often see them get discussed except for here. So unless we have top analytical minds that root out the main basis for evaluating players which is undiscovered by others, I suppose I'll stick with the boring stats the "media" chooses to typically define award winning seasons. I do find the ones mentioned as a good supplement in analysis though.

Raw stats are one piece of the puzzle. Big numbers look pretty but aren't always meaningful. Kyler for example has benefitted from a ton of garbage time stats. Hurts certainly didn't have that luxury. Good team sure, and fewer mistakes to keep them ahead.

At the end, he's borderline top 5 as I've stated. Many would put top 5, or at least top 10. Really arguing semantics here, unless you don't even have him top 10.

Last edited:

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We can argue Hurts vs. Murray all day. Here are my thoughts.

1. Hurts has by far the best OL I have ever seen, along with an elite WR group and fantastic TEs. Hurts' power running style brings a lot to the table but I think his passing will regress hard if the Eagles lose pieces on OL. I still think Hurts is a legitimate starter, but I also think Daniel Jones would significantly outperform Hurts if he was on the Eagles.

2. If Murray continues to play the way he did last season he is going to be out of the league soon. If he goes back to what he did his first 3 years he will be better than Hurts.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score

To be fair, Hurts at least got a giant paycheck after leading his team to the Super Bowl.

Murray got a giant paycheck after the team imploded to finish the regular season. (including getting embarrassed by a 1 win Detroit team). Which was soon followed by one of the worst playoff performances by a QB in history.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
We both knew what you meant.

Sad, but not surprising.
I'm allowed to comment on when I think another human being is dumb.

I don't care what a misogynist thinks about me. You can make a claim about what you think I believe, but I know what you believe. You're sexist.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm allowed to comment on when I think another human being is dumb.

I don't care what a misogynist thinks about me. You can make a claim about what you think I believe, but I know what you believe. You're sexist.
Uncalled for. This post is now being reviewed.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For now @DVontel (for insinuating Krang is racist and inciting) and @Krangodnzr(for name calling) get warnings.

Next time there is a ban coming.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Um All Pro, All Decade, Pro Bowl, MVP, etc are all media awards yes, so sure as meaningful as you want to make it. It usually bears HoF eligibility, so I would say they have meaning behind them. He didn't get but he was close/leading until the end. No, Kirk nor Geno were ever serious in the conversation.

Kyler for not even half a season, so in presuming your sarcastic tone, you're right, 7 games means nothing in that regard. In 4 years that's as far as he got and honesty I think as far as he ever gets, because he struggles to put up a consistent season.

Well you seem to certainly cling onto the stats you like for your arguments, in which I don't often see them get discussed except for here. So unless we have top analytical minds that root out the main basis for evaluating players which is undiscovered by others, I suppose I'll stick with the boring stats the "media" chooses to typically define award winning seasons. I do find the ones mentioned as a good supplement in analysis though.

Raw stats are one piece of the puzzle. Big numbers look pretty but aren't always meaningful. Kyler for example has benefitted from a ton of garbage time stats. Hurts certainly didn't have that luxury. Good team sure, and fewer mistakes to keep them ahead.

At the end, he's borderline top 5 as I've stated. Many would put top 5, or at least top 10. Really arguing semantics here, unless you don't even have him top 10.
To me, being a quarterback is more than just how well you throw the ball and read defenses. Do your teammates follow you? Are you a leader? Are you able to respond from adversity? Do you shrink under pressure? These are all intangible things.

Jalen in the SB had the unfortunate fumble that resulted in 6 points for KC. Eagles scored on the very next drive. When KC took the lead, Jalen responded and brought Philly back.

Do I think Jalen is more “talented” than Kyler? No, not even close. Do I think he’s a tireless worker who will pour every single fiber of his being into being the best he can be? Yes, without a doubt.

Kyler is a front runner. When things are going well, he’s great. When he struggles, he points fingers and sulks. Can he get better? Of course, because the talent is there, but is he willing to put in the work? That remains to be seen.

Jalen probably isn’t top 5 or even top 10 if we’re talking about aesthetics of playing QB but there aren’t 5 QB’s that I’d take ahead of him to build my team at this juncture.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
His post game interviews have always been very rough in what way?
The few times I've seen him talk were on the field interviews and the way he answered the questions made me think he didn't quite understand what was being asked. Rough interviews. He has an accent and uses a regional dialect that might make him seem inarticulate to some, and I'm sure he gets some underserved flack for that. I do understand that doesn't mean he's dumb. I mean I don't know the dude, I don't know if he's dumb or not, but it really wouldn't surprise me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22