James Conner Appreciation Thread

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I would guess you mean a 15 mil sighing bonus? If that the case his cap hit year one is 11 mil but you're paying him 21? I think that is a bit rich for the first year. And you have no Injury protection. I would think if you do that he would only get 2 million in base salary the first year then split the 8 remaining at 4 and 4.
It would be a 21mil cash expenditure the first year. But that's how things usually go with nfl contracts.
They could reduce the signing bonus and tie some guarantees to roster and workout bonuses to reduce immediate cash hits...but they seem to like JC...
Later guarantees protect the team for sure... I'm just thinking a straightforward contract like that shows appreciation, gives him street cred or "respect" to soothe the ego, and keeps the cap hit minimal for the years he is over 30 just in case he ain't got no Frank Gore in him.....and the younger guys are getting more than 8m per to be starters

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
It would be a 21mil cash expenditure the first year. But that's how things usually go with nfl contracts.
They could reduce the signing bonus and tie some guarantees to roster and workout bonuses to reduce immediate cash hits...but they seem to like JC...
Later guarantees protect the team for sure... I'm just thinking a straightforward contract like that shows appreciation, gives him street cred or "respect" to soothe the ego, and keeps the cap hit minimal for the years he is over 30 just in case he ain't got no Frank Gore in him.....and the younger guys are getting more than 8m per to be starters
I get it, my point was I don't think anyone is giving him 21 mil next year.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I get it, my point was I don't think anyone is giving him 21 mil next year.
You think 8m a year is too high for him?
You may be right..but the organization seems to really like him...the last time they really liked a guy they paid him 11m a year for years after his value was closer to 4

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You think 8m a year is too high for him?
You may be right..but the organization seems to really like him...the last time they really liked a guy they paid him 11m a year for years after his value was closer to 4
You make Conner happy and move on cost be damn.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan