James Conner Appreciation Thread

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I would guess you mean a 15 mil sighing bonus? If that the case his cap hit year one is 11 mil but you're paying him 21? I think that is a bit rich for the first year. And you have no Injury protection. I would think if you do that he would only get 2 million in base salary the first year then split the 8 remaining at 4 and 4.
It would be a 21mil cash expenditure the first year. But that's how things usually go with nfl contracts.
They could reduce the signing bonus and tie some guarantees to roster and workout bonuses to reduce immediate cash hits...but they seem to like JC...
Later guarantees protect the team for sure... I'm just thinking a straightforward contract like that shows appreciation, gives him street cred or "respect" to soothe the ego, and keeps the cap hit minimal for the years he is over 30 just in case he ain't got no Frank Gore in him.....and the younger guys are getting more than 8m per to be starters

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
It would be a 21mil cash expenditure the first year. But that's how things usually go with nfl contracts.
They could reduce the signing bonus and tie some guarantees to roster and workout bonuses to reduce immediate cash hits...but they seem to like JC...
Later guarantees protect the team for sure... I'm just thinking a straightforward contract like that shows appreciation, gives him street cred or "respect" to soothe the ego, and keeps the cap hit minimal for the years he is over 30 just in case he ain't got no Frank Gore in him.....and the younger guys are getting more than 8m per to be starters
I get it, my point was I don't think anyone is giving him 21 mil next year.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I get it, my point was I don't think anyone is giving him 21 mil next year.
You think 8m a year is too high for him?
You may be right..but the organization seems to really like him...the last time they really liked a guy they paid him 11m a year for years after his value was closer to 4

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I don't but I thought you were trying to get an easy out in year three.
Well yeah...need to protect the team with an aging player...
So maybe like 10m signing bonus. Then 5mil roster bonus for 2025...
Would still have cards dropping 21m pretty quick but would reduce year three cap...or dead money if cut

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Conner could pass David Johnson on Sunday to get into thr top 10 all time for the Cardinals and into the top 5 by the end of the season!

You must be registered for see images attach

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
From an article about Connor in the Republic today:

"To Gannon, it epitomized the ferocity with which Conner plays.

“It really does,” Gannon said. “We talk about that and we educate them but it’s another thing that, in real time, he chases the ball and strips a guy. Huge play.”

It didn’t take long for that impact to spread to the offensive side.

In many ways, Monday night was a slog for the Cardinals. Murray finished with just 145 passing yards. Marvin Harrison Jr. did not have an impact. Conner, though, was able to manufacture just enough offense to help spur a 17-15 win. He finished with 19 carries for 101 yards and two receptions for 51 yards.

Much of it was his own doing. Per Next Gen Stats, he finished with 15 rushing yards above expected. He broke 12 tackles as a runner and three as a receiver, picking up 92 of his 101 rushing yards after contact.

Remarkably, he now leads the NFL in missed tackles forced both as a runner (35) and a receiver (12).

“There’s nothing he can’t do, in my eyes,” Murray said:.

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From an article about Connor in the Republic today:

"To Gannon, it epitomized the ferocity with which Conner plays.

“It really does,” Gannon said. “We talk about that and we educate them but it’s another thing that, in real time, he chases the ball and strips a guy. Huge play.”

It didn’t take long for that impact to spread to the offensive side.

In many ways, Monday night was a slog for the Cardinals. Murray finished with just 145 passing yards. Marvin Harrison Jr. did not have an impact. Conner, though, was able to manufacture just enough offense to help spur a 17-15 win. He finished with 19 carries for 101 yards and two receptions for 51 yards.

Much of it was his own doing. Per Next Gen Stats, he finished with 15 rushing yards above expected. He broke 12 tackles as a runner and three as a receiver, picking up 92 of his 101 rushing yards after contact.

Remarkably, he now leads the NFL in missed tackles forced both as a runner (35) and a receiver (12).

“There’s nothing he can’t do, in my eyes,” Murray said:.
2 badass stats to lead the NFL in

Ronin

Wut?
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Tyler Drake

@Tdrake4sports
·
2m

Arizona Cardinals QB Kyler Murray when asked about James Conner’s impact on this team:“You can’t put a price tag on what JC means. … I don’t think he gets the credit he deserves.”

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Here's a couple short videos of Connor's game against the Chargers. Man, he takes a beating.

Every RB James Conner Run In Week 7 Win Over Chargers

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

James Conner's best plays from 101-yard game | Week 7

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Comment

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan