James to get more touches ..???

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To put constant pressure on Lienart and force him to make mistakes.
They can do that without 8 in the box. If they blitz the kitchen sink, they'll get beat because it won't take much for Boldin and/or Fitz to break a tackle and be gone.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Caving into giving Edge everything is part of our problem. We need to stop trying to push James at all costs and get the WR's the ball in quick hitting plays. We need to get in a position where our horrible line can hurt us the least.

Yeah, that always translates into wins. Just look at last season, when we got the ball to the WRs in quick-hitting plays.

What's that? We went 5-11 last season and picked 10th overall in the NFL draft? That's not good. Oh, but we put up huge passing stats?

:statsaren'tasimportantaswins:

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
They can do that without 8 in the box. If they blitz the kitchen sink, they'll get beat because it won't take much for Boldin and/or Fitz to break a tackle and be gone.
I think they are highly confident with their corners to play man coverage like we are with our receivers.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they are highly confident with their corners to play man coverage like we are with our receivers.
Okay, I guess I'm not sure where you get that impression. We'll see. But I don't think they'll be putting 8 in the box very often.

Arrowheaded

Reaction score
But I don't think they'll be putting 8 in the box very often.

Greeting Cards Fans! I agree with this...I think you'll see a lot of blitzes off the edge from Derrick Johnson (LB) and Greg Wesley (S). Quick slants would slow that down. If you guys run a bootleg, you'll burn us every time. Everyone else does!

Here's to a good game! :cheers:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greeting Cards Fans! I agree with this...I think you'll see a lot of blitzes off the edge from Derrick Johnson (LB) and Greg Wesley (S). Quick slants would slow that down. If you guys run a bootleg, you'll burn us every time. Everyone else does!

Are the Chiefs really playing that much man to man with their CB's it seemed to me they were playing cover 2 a lot against the 49ers?

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score

But you guys are pretty thin on your D line with various injuries. Is that right?

I strongly believe we should call at least couple bootleg plays. I think Lienart can use his legs much much better than Warner could ever. May be run one in red zone faking to Edge and Matt taking off on the other direction to score a TD!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Okay, I guess I'm not sure where you get that impression. We'll see. But I don't think they'll be putting 8 in the box very often.

The Chiefs don't need to do that. Teams have done just fine defending our running game with 7 men up.

Maybe we can attack the old men on the corners and hope their 30 somethings wear out chasing our youngsters.

Arrowheaded

Reaction score
Are the Chiefs really playing that much man to man with their CB's it seemed to me they were playing cover 2 a lot against the 49ers?

Edwards brought his "Tampa cover two" with him, so yeah...that's the main coverage scheme. I saw a few nickle variants last week that blitzed the safety with pretty good results. The problem the 9er's had was getting Smith time to throw.

But you guys are pretty thin on your D line with various injuries. Is that right?
No...our D line isn't depleted, they're just not that good. Our O line is sort of patched together. Black will be playing left tackle. We call him "I-65" because everybody runs over him.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
No...our D line isn't depleted, they're just not that good. Our O line is sort of patched together. Black will be playing left tackle. We call him "I-65" because everybody runs over him.

Alas, even your 'not so good' DL will most likely sufficient to stop the run. But, I'm not sure about putting enough pressure on Matt. You may need to bring a saftey or corner up in the box.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Yeah, that always translates into wins. Just look at last season, when we got the ball to the WRs in quick-hitting plays.

What's that? We went 5-11 last season and picked 10th overall in the NFL draft? That's not good. Oh, but we put up huge passing stats?

:statsaren'tasimportantaswins:

Not thinking about stats, I could care less about stats. But what I would say is that running Edge into that line play after play, and waiting for our routes to develop play after play while Warner and Edge, and Leinart if it continues get destroyed behind the LoS, isn't getting the job done.

If you think that :statsaren'tasimportantaswins:

I'll take you one further :20carriesfor40yardsisn'tgoingtogetyouawinanyday:

Until this line is improved somehow, which probably won't happen this year, we better change our play calling to something that will work with what we have.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Who are you kidding... You're from Columbus, Ohio - homophob capital of the world!