Jason Kidd demands full control in Brooklyn

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He goes directly from playing to the head coaching role, without ever coaching in the college ranks or putting in time as an assistant. Now, after one rather checkered year, he demands full control. He doesn't want the Nets to fire King, he just wants to be his boss's boss AND coach like Pop in SA.

Is he delusional? You have to wonder about the narcissistic nature of this guy.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like he will be out in Brooklyn. Milwaukee might give him the full control that he wants. I just think he will be absolutely miserable at it. It will not end well there either.

You have to wonder if Nets mgmt is breathing a sight of relief. They didn't want to look bad firing their young coach after one season, but this insane request gives them an easy out.

They can hire Mark Jackson or Van Gundy and be fine.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like he will be out in Brooklyn. Milwaukee might give him the full control that he wants. I just think he will be absolutely miserable at it. It will not end well there either.

You have to wonder if Nets mgmt is breathing a sight of relief. They didn't want to look bad firing their young coach after one season, but this insane request gives them an easy out.

They can hire Mark Jackson or Van Gundy and be fine.

I think the Nets have shown Jason Kidd the door even if they put polish on it.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They are smart. I wonder if he is the jealous type. He sees Fisher get hired with the Knicks and has to one-up the situation.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You just know some fries were fired when he found out the salaries of Kerr and Fisher.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Is he delusional? You have to wonder about the narcissistic nature of this guy.

Yes and yes.

But the idea that the Nets will simply move on to Mark Jackson if Kidd leaves is beyond hilarious. Talk about a clueless front office.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes and yes.

But the idea that the Nets will simply move on to Mark Jackson if Kidd leaves is beyond hilarious. Talk about a clueless front office.

Looks like Lionel Hollins. Not a bad choice. He did OK in Memphis didn't he? I thought the Lakers were interested in him.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You just know some fries were fired when he found out the salaries of Kerr and Fisher.

Someone just tweeted that he was ticked that Fisher and Kerr got more money than he was getting, and that is what prompted all of this.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Someone just tweeted that he was ticked that Fisher and Kerr got more money than he was getting, and that is what prompted all of this.
Perhaps he thought the owner speaks only Russian, so he can say whatever he wants. :)

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA

As for U-Turn back to Nets? Likely too late. "Russians are done with Kidd," one source tells Yahoo. Belief is that King is more forgiving.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Jason Kidd can reportedly be had for a second round pick. I guess he has found his value.

This story just keeps getting better and better. Meanwhile, Larry Drew is under contract as the Bucks' coach and has to be wondering what is going on.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boy, Kidd is one huge asshat. The Bucks are really stupid for getting involved in this and wanting that idiot after what he pulled.
The ESPN article said the Bucks wanted him because he was able to manage all the ego's on that team last year. My immediate thought was the jerk can't even manage his own!

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Nets are trying to hold out for a 1st rounder. If I were Milwaukee and assuming I wanted Kidd to be my coach, I would refuse to give NJ any compensation. If they simply wait a week or two he'll be fired and they can hire him. There is no way Kidd can return back to NJ after the stunt he pulled.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nets are trying to hold out for a 1st rounder. If I were Milwaukee and assuming I wanted Kidd to be my coach, I would refuse to give NJ any compensation. If they simply wait a week or two he'll be fired and they can hire him. There is no way Kidd can return back to NJ after the stunt he pulled.

I know. This seems pretty obvious. I don't know what I'd do if I were Larry Drew though. This scenario doesn't paint a very good picture of the Brooklyn front office, the Milwaukee front office or Jason Kidd. I'm all for whatever end game makes them all look stupid.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know. This seems pretty obvious. I don't know what I'd do if I were Larry Drew though. This scenario doesn't paint a very good picture of the Brooklyn front office, the Milwaukee front office or Jason Kidd. I'm all for whatever end game makes them all look stupid.

Steve

Yes!

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kidd's been traded to the Bucks for two 1st rd picks.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What's going to happen to Larry Drew? What a bum deal for him. Not a good coach, but man, he doesn't deserve this. Especially when his replacement is Jason freaking Kidd.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake