Jeff Fisher

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's hope the titans don't get hot and save Fisher's job. I think that he could actually coach the talent that Denny assembled here.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would like Fisher as the Head Coach with Norman Chow as the OC and of course Matt Leinart the starter all in 2007.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
az jam said:
I would like Fisher as the Head Coach with Norman Chow as the OC and of course Matt Leinart the starter all in 2007.

:thumbup:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, right. We're going to land a big time coach in his prime when the coach that is on his way out is going to point to the Bidwills unwillingness to A) pay for top assistants when he was hired and B) get free agents he wanted while they sat on cap space.

Sure, Fisher and Cowher will probably arm wrestle to see who gets this dream gig. :eek:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
az jam said:

Don't you find it strange that the Titans passed over Leinart with Chow on board there? See, for some reason, that sends up some type of red flag and I am not sure what kind. I don't think Matt is a bad players but if the Titans bypassed Leinart, then either A) Chow didn't lobby hard enough or B) Chow didn't want him there. There is, maybe, C) the Titans really think Young is better than Leinart but that seems like lunacy to me.

Besides, talk of a new coach is moot. Green will be here next year. If the Cards didn't care to spend the $10 million under the cap, what makes everyone think they will buy out the remaining, what, two years on the entire coaching staff's contracts?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
Don't you find it strange that the Titans passed over Leinart with Chow on board there? See, for some reason, that sends up some type of red flag and I am not sure what kind. I don't think Matt is a bad players but if the Titans bypassed Leinart, then either A) Chow didn't lobby hard enough or B) Chow didn't want him there. There is, maybe, C) the Titans really think Young is better than Leinart but that seems like lunacy to me.

Besides, talk of a new coach is moot. Green will be here next year. If the Cards didn't care to spend the $10 million under the cap, what makes everyone think they will buy out the remaining, what, two years on the entire coaching staff's contracts?

According to everything I've read about it Fisher and Chow DID want Leinart. But, the owner had such a ***** for Young that he overruled them.

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
What makes you think Green will want to stay? He entered the deal as one of the winningest coaches in history....that's slipping away pretty quickly. Green strikes me as a guy who cares about that.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:

They only have to buy out 1 year. The 5th year of the deal is a team option

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:

Is the owner a big longhorn fan. If so he may have had the say on the pick.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NMCard said:
Is the owner a big longhorn fan. If so he may have had the say on the pick.

It was the owner's call. And, the GM liked Young too.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Let's hope the titans don't get hot and save Fisher's job. I think that he could actually coach the talent that Denny assembled here.
This is the 2nd week in a row this has been suggested... I want to win this year...not with a different coach next year.....we are only 3 games into the season.....wait until late in the season before you stir this pot.h:|

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I like Fisher. I'd hate to see his rep ruined by a stint in Arizona.

Face it guys NOBODY can win with the Cardinals.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like Fisher. I wouldn't mind him as coach with Denny bumped to GM which unfortunately would mean goodbye RG. Oh well. I'm sure the money he has made will offer him some level of comfort in unemployment.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
I like Fisher. I'd hate to see his rep ruined by a stint in Arizona.

Face it guys NOBODY can win with the Cardinals.

That's just not true, I know it seems that way but it's not true, there will be a line waiting to come here if Green get's the hook.

New stadium, Green loaded the roster with young talent and if you do win you get a express ticket to Canton.

No, there will be some people wanting the job, just watch.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
That's just not true, I know it seems that way but it's not true, there will be a line waiting to come here if Green get's the hook.

New stadium, Green loaded the roster with young talent and if you do win you get a express ticket to Canton.

No, there will be some people wanting the job, just watch.

There will probably be a lot of people wanting the job. Doesn't mean they'll be successful. Nobody has been since 1976. That's a heck of a precedent.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
There will probably be a lot of people wanting the job. Doesn't mean they'll be successful. Nobody has been since 1976. That's a heck of a precedent.

Almost no coaches get to retire, most are fired, what's different here is that we got stuck in a time warp for about 18 years.

During that one dude briefly got us out, Tobin and Plummer.

Leinart is everything we hoped Plummer would be, just play him.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
Almost no coaches get to retire, most are fired, what's different here is that we got stuck in a time warp for about 18 years.

Right on. They played Plummer as a rookie.

The time warp has been for 30 years. No full time head coach with a winning record in that entire time.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

True but let's be honest here many of the things that caused that have changed. Tobin was good enough to get us to the playoffs one year but the front office undermined him because they gave Jake a huge contract but wouldn't pay up to retain key players (Brown and Centers) and even low balled Shelton so he signed late. That's not happening these days we're retaining key players and I'm convinced Leinart's holdout was his agent, NOT the team.

Bugel was just dumb, the team was close but Bidwill had made statement and he didn't want to back down, so he canned him and gave Buddy total power. Mac was a horrible hire the defense got Tobin fired, why hire the guy coaching that defense?

Green was the proven coach available at the time desperated enough to take the job. but things have changed, we have more talent, we have a new stadium, we have a QBOF. Do I think elite coaches are going to be lining up no, do I think we'll have the same situation Oakland did this offseason, no again I think there will be coaches who want the job and can do the job.

It's too early to say Green is gone for sure things can turn but I will say this, if things continue to go South don't be surprised to see Green gone before the year is over, he didn't exactly go out well with the Vikings and I'm sure Bidwill is well aware of that and will NOT let Green do that again he'll cut him off before he has a chance to make things ugly like it was there.

HOpefully he gets it turned around I have to confess if he doesn't I'm not looking forward to what happens next.

Derm

slippery when wet
Reaction score

No please; unless it's an emergency.
I think it's too early for him or any other rookie QB. I think Hollywood is the future, but let's not throw him into the storm too soon.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why? Why be scared of the future? The kid is a BONA-FIDE WINNER.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Matt have a Big Ben/Tom Brady like effect on this team - not to say Super Bowl, but it5 wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him lead this team to the playoffs in his rookie year - yeah, that's me - the "darksiders" believing in this rookie and boasting ridiculous sunshine.

This team has no leader, Matt is it the second he steps on the field. He's the only winner we've got. Winners aren't made, they're born that way.

Play the kid - start the future.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
True but let's be honest here many of the things that caused that have changed. Tobin was good enough to get us to the playoffs one year but the front office undermined him because they gave Jake a huge contract but wouldn't pay up to retain key players (Brown and Centers) and even low balled Shelton so he signed late. That's not happening these days we're retaining key players and I'm convinced Leinart's holdout was his agent, NOT the team.

Bugel was just dumb, the team was close but Bidwill had made statement and he didn't want to back down, so he canned him and gave Buddy total power. Mac was a horrible hire the defense got Tobin fired, why hire the guy coaching that defense?

Green was the proven coach available at the time desperated enough to take the job. but things have changed, we have more talent, we have a new stadium, we have a QBOF. Do I think elite coaches are going to be lining up no, do I think we'll have the same situation Oakland did this offseason, no again I think there will be coaches who want the job and can do the job.

It's too early to say Green is gone for sure things can turn but I will say this, if things continue to go South don't be surprised to see Green gone before the year is over, he didn't exactly go out well with the Vikings and I'm sure Bidwill is well aware of that and will NOT let Green do that again he'll cut him off before he has a chance to make things ugly like it was there.

HOpefully he gets it turned around I have to confess if he doesn't I'm not looking forward to what happens next.

Well me either, honestly, Matt is Green's only chance, I think Warner is done, as long as he holds the ball he's going to take a vicous hit a game and once he gets that hit, he's done that game.

He said in his post game comments the ball just got away from him.... I watched the replay, that's total BS, he threw the thing right at the guy.

He forgot what team he was on and threw it to the guy period, then he lied about it, not suprising I would too. He's toast and with his history, he's probably got a concussion and will be goofy through next week but won't admit it.

Matt dosen't desrve the pressure or the unfairness of this but then again I think he'll deal with it better than most think he will, Warner is not the answer at all, he's just not.

Green, well he's this close to looking for the exit, he's got Edge breathing fire at him, his team is imploding on him and his rep is nosediving, so the clock is ticking on exit stage right, when he goes the gloves will come off and it'll get ugly.

Matt seriously is the only chance he has, if I wanted Green gone that bad I'd be lobbying for Warner till doomsday, heck I despise Green if he plays Warner IMO I'm 100% sure he's fired and I'd be estatic, but he's not stupid, we'll see Matt and if I'm right he might curse me with Green for years.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team has no leader, Matt is it the second he steps on the field. He's the only winner we've got. Winners aren't made, they're born that way.

Edge and Boldin are also both winners. Matt, Edge and Boldin are going to be league serial killers if given the chance.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05