jenkins/lassiter updates per KFFL.

pinnacle

Reaction score
Texans | Interested In Jenkins - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
21:35 PT: The Houston Chronicle reports the Houston Texans are now interested in free agent WR/KR MarTay Jenkins (Cardinals).

Saints | Lassiter To Visit - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
22:11 PT: NewOrleansSaints.com reports free agent S Kwamie Lassiter (Cardinals) will visit the New Orleans Saints on Thursday.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Jaguars | Jenkins Status Update - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
6:15 PT: Updating previous reports, Bart Hubbuch reports for the Florida Times-Union the Jacksonville Jaguars remain interested in free agent WR/KR MarTay Jenkins (Cardinals). He reportedly narrowed his choices to Jacksonville, Atlanta and Houston on Wednesday.

Raiders | Contact Jenkins - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
6:10 PT: The Mercury News reports the Oakland Raiders have been in contact with free agent WR/KR MarTay Jenkins (Cardinals).

He reportedly narrowed his choices to Jacksonville, Atlanta and Houston on Wednesday.

Does this mean that he won't return?

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
what is this!!!!!!

At least go after a WR that knows this system and Sullivan.. MarTAy would come in here and be the starter (penciled) for know.. He has awesome speed and some experiecne.. Then June 1ST go after an true starting WR..

At least make an reasonable offer.. he might want to come back (probably not now after taking so long).

OP
OP
P

pinnacle

Reaction score
they could just be repeating what jurecki said..or they have other news from his agent..it seems the cardinals could get his services if they offer a long term deal for more $$ than they have on the table (cards have offered one - but martay thinks he deserves $15 mil over 5 years)..if it is a one year deal - he is going elsewhere. Since martay thinks no decent long term deals have materialized - he seems to be leaning towards taking a one year deal - showing everyone how great he is - and then retesting waters next season.

In my opinion - he is making a huge error. he will be the 3 or 4 receiver and rarely see the ball on offense if he signs elsewhere.. trestman and the raiders are supposed to be after him also..how often is he going to see the ball with rice, brown and porter? if he signs elsewhere as the 3 - 4 receiver - he will be relagated to primarily a kickoff return guy - and the $$ these guys get on long term deals is not much.

I have a new theory that the cardinals are looking for a #1 - and martay is not it. the cards are probably offering him a long term deal to be a #2 or #3 receiver and kickoff returner..Sullivan could be of the opinion that gilmore and martay are about equal on the depth chart..so he could be the 2 or 3 here. We will get a #1 before training camp (after june 1st, in a trade or in the draft) This paragraph is 100% speculation on my part..

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pinnacle

Reaction score
jrjrbritt:

the cards offered jenkins a long term deal near the end of last season..and he rejected it. he said he was worth like $3 mil per year..the cards said go test the waters. the cards offer is still on the table I assume - and it appears to be the only long term offer he has.. jurecki heard a rumor the cards were going to up their offer..but according to jenkins they did not. I assume the cards were offering him $1.0 - $1.5 per year on like a 3 year deal - but that is a guess based on old news reports..

Normally, I would say the cardinals could be screwing this up..but I trust jerry sullivan on this one. Jerry is now in charge of the offense and knows martay better than any coach in the NFL. If sullivan had to have martay..he would be in graves or mac's office going:: I have to have this guy - give him a 3 year deal for $2.0 - $2.5 per year..martay would probably jump on it..and we have the cap space and mac and graves would probably not turn down sullivan's request.. I assume sullivan is ok with martay battling for the #3 spot - but their must be a plan for a #1 or #2..

Last edited: