Jeremy Green talks about Arrington on Sportsnation

Last edited:
OP
OP
JPlay

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Jim (NY): Will Arrington be starting for AZ come October and what are his prospects regarding Rookie of the Year? Thanks

You must be registered for see images
Jeremy Green: (5:19 PM ET ) He was drafted by Green to be the guy. Shipp defintely out-performed him in the preseason though. I think Shipp gives them a better chance right now, so I think he will eventually be the guy.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Grand Canon said:

Yeah it must be becuase of those 18 phantom fumbles that your "friend" told you about. :rolleyes:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Yeah it must be becuase of those 18 phantom fumbles that your "friend" told you about. :rolleyes:

No but the two fumbles in 26 carries and a whopping 2.6 yard avg. with no looks of being able to break a tackle sure does help. But your right it was only pre-season. So now when NFL defenses are really playing it should get better.

Last edited:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Shane H said:
No but the two fumbles in 26 carries and a whopping 2.6 yard avg. with no looks of being able to break a tackle sure does help. But your right it was only pre-season. So now when NFL defenses are really playing it should get better.

Huh.

Where did I say anything about preseason.

Read this thread and you will know where my comment is coming from.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=60078

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If DG could release his son I bet he would. :D

That's actually refreshing that Jeremy is speaking his mind and not just agreeing with everything his dad does.

Let's face it, if Shipp is as good in the regular season as he was in the preseason that's good for the team. If it turns out that 28 carries against first team defenses with a beat up OL is a good indicator of how good Arrington is, and 16 carries against backup defenses with a backup OL is a good indicator of how good Shipp is, then we have a pretty good RB in Shipp.

I hope Shipp is better than JJ because if he is, we have 2 quality RB's because I am pretty confident given time JJ will be a good RB. I agree with Jeremy in that right now, with no holes to run through, Shipp might be more effective. IF we assume the OL gets better and we open some holes, I'm pretty confident JJ will get more out of those holes than Shipp would.

Best of both worlds.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Interesting. Peyton Manning said in an interview that offenses play more watered down in the preseason while the defenses are bringing the kitchen sink.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
I am honestly looking so forward to this game on Sunday so we can drop this pre-season nonsense and talk about a game that means something.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing about Arrington is this. If he gets just a little space, he can turn it into a big gainer. He's never going to be like Bettis or Dillon or Lewis. I envision him more like Dunn or Westbrook or Bennett.

Wouldn't that be nice?

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
In my opinion in watching Arrington, I didn't see much to get excited about.

Now he is fast but our O line went to the Amsterdam school of blocking as in no holes is a good thing.

Just once though, heck more than once, I'd like things to hit the regular season and all go far better than any of us even dared hope possible.

I mean you make your own luck yes, however since we had no chance all these years to win a Super Bowl I hope that Murphy's law get's mugged and thrown in the back of a 72 impala on the way to work at Cardinals land.

Last edited: