Jeremy Shockey anyone?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Even at his worst, he is better than any of our current TEs by a large margin.

This one I would take and not think twice. Shockey wasnt a primary target in NO because of all their receivers and still caught for 480 yards. He would still demand attention from the defense and can help take pressure off Fitz and (hopefully, if he re-signs) Breaston

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Even at his worst, he is better than any of our current TEs by a large margin.

This one I would take and not think twice.

I agree, TJ. He brings attitude and this offense needs attitude.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
For cheap, yea. If he thinks he deserves to get paid then no way. Too much injury risk there.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
3 years, $15 million, $4 million guaranteed? I'd make that deal in a second.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
This team could use his toughness. I would sign him no problem.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would love to see him in Cardinal red. I'm with Mitch. I want that attitude on my team.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would love to have him for the right price, but it feels like Freddie Jones Part II

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's way, way, way, way over the hill. On top of that, he can't stay healthy. A definite no thank you!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Compared to what we currently have a no brainer.....

This more than anything. I like that he was ok not being a primary target in New Orleans and that he can block. The rest of his skills are declining rapidly. My biggest concern is health, as in can he even finish a season anymore?

ARodg

All Star
Reaction score
This more than anything. I like that he was ok not being a primary target in New Orleans and that he can block. The rest of his skills are declining rapidly. My biggest concern is health, as in can he even finish a season anymore?

TE for half a season>>>>No TE at all.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arent the Cardinals trying to get younger? Id pass.. I dont trust Shockey..

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Arent the Cardinals trying to get younger? Id pass.. I dont trust Shockey..

Shockey doesn't turn 30 until August. He's missed 12 games combined over the last four seasons. Nobody seemed to have a problem with this when it was Anquan Boldin.

Seriously, even at 5x the cost, Jeremy Shockey is in every way an upgrade over Stephen Spach and Jim Dray (the latter whom I like a lot). If only because it would give Adrian Wilson a legit TE to practice against instead of the jokers that he's been working with the past 5 seasons.

Maybe that's why he has no idea how a real TE plays when the games are for real.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shockey doesn't turn 30 until August. He's missed 12 games combined over the last four seasons. Nobody seemed to have a problem with this when it was Anquan Boldin.

Seriously, even at 5x the cost, Jeremy Shockey is in every way an upgrade over Stephen Spach and Jim Dray (the latter whom I like a lot). If only because it would give Adrian Wilson a legit TE to practice against instead of the jokers that he's been working with the past 5 seasons.

Maybe that's why he has no idea how a real TE plays when the games are for real.

Good post, I agree on all points.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes please.

Our tight ends SUCK out loud...and one thing that can be a HUGE help to bad QBs is a quality TE.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score

I believe he turns 31.

This board was all over Boldin being injured every season... one of the reasons we, as fans, were reluctant that he should be offered a huge contract because of his durability.

BTW, I agree we should bring him in probably 2 years at 4 million with 4 million guaranteed.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Do you see him or any other good TEs making an impact here besides blocking? Doesn't some of it depend on what QB we get here?

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I believe he turns 31.

This board was all over Boldin being injured every season... one of the reasons we, as fans, were reluctant that he should be offered a huge contract because of his durability.

BTW, I agree we should bring him in probably 2 years at 4 million with 4 million guaranteed.

Jeremy Shockey isn't looking for 10 million a season like Anquan Boldin supposedly was.

As for some of the objections for what it would cost to bring in Shockey: best case scenario offseason and the team will STILL have lots of money to spend to get to the cap.