Jermaine Gresham being released on thursday. 3/14/2019

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Gresham was a total bust. Simply collected a paycheck...left his heart somewhere else.
Sad thing is he'll probably wake up after being cut and become solid again...you can see he's got it, but never pushed for excellence.
Cardinals got film flamed

Let’s not act like he was tearing it up when Bozo gave him $28 million

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Gresham was a total bust. Simply collected a paycheck...left his heart somewhere else.
Sad thing is he'll probably wake up after being cut and become solid again...you can see he's got it, but never pushed for excellence.

Now this is a total ridiculous assessment of Gresham. His passion for the team and his heart was never a question, it was his complete inability to actually control what you cite as a weakness with all his emotional penalty costing behavior and why we are better without him... he does not play smart

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good for him.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now this is a total ridiculous assessment of Gresham. His passion for the team and his heart was never a question, it was his complete inability to actually control what you cite as a weakness with all his emotional penalty costing behavior and why we are better without him... he does not play smart
90% passion 10% skill

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
To quote a Madjack banner from the past, Thanks for the memories...all 1 of them lol :lol:

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
even healthy was bad, his grade was very mediocre

At least Pugh has been a good solid player before so there is a chance he can rebound.Gresham has been at best average his whole career.Pugh puts out the effort and tries.He is not a waste of space like Nkemdiche.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
the draft is deep in TE's... this cut makes us stronger now, and will make us stronger again in april when we draft a replacement.

Buckybird

Reaction score
the draft is deep in TE's... this cut makes us stronger now, and will make us stronger again in april when we draft a replacement.
But don’t waste a 1, 2 or 3 on a TE that more than likely will be under used. Outside of 1 season K2’s offenses is all about the WRs & RB in the passing game. In fact in most seasons he simply didn’t even have them on his team.

Just sayin...based on history

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
The one positive of having so much dead money is that the Cardinals will have a good bit of cap open next year.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
But don’t waste a 1, 2 or 3 on a TE that more than likely will be under used. Outside of 1 season K2’s offenses is all about the WRs & RB in the passing game. In fact in most seasons he simply didn’t even have them on his team.

Just sayin...based on history
I would draft a TE at 33...lots of talent at the top...if we get a guy with that kind of talent KK will use him...much of it is also up to the QB and Josh really needs a strong TE to throw the ball to.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Remember the one year they had an insanely low dead money number? I think it was $400K or something ridiculous like that. How fast thing change.

Given the Cards current cap room -- I am not troubled by the dead money figure.

Any competent GM / Cap guy can structure contracts to work around the dead money figure

its not like last year: very little current year cap room and dead money. That's way harder to deal with

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would draft a TE at 33...lots of talent at the top...if we get a guy with that kind of talent KK will use him...much of it is also up to the QB and Josh really needs a strong TE to throw the ball to.
Irv Smith please!!!

Buckybird

Reaction score
That’s cool Oak, but just don’t start griping when chances are it’s going to be a vastly under used draft pick. I’m just stating what I’ve seen & what K2s history shows us.