Joe Buck is the stupidest man alive

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
what member of the media doesn't suck up to a great player during a game? especially clemens. of corse, this year is a different story. hopefully he will let it go.

Why Clemens has avoided the steroids controversy is beyond me.

Well.. on second thought, maybe not. He is from George W's part of the world I suppose.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score

Well.. on second thought, maybe not. He is from George W's part of the world I suppose.

His name has sometimes surfaced. It's just kept quiet because it will be inconceivably damaging to the game if one of the best pitchers ever was shown to be a cheater.

If he does fail a test or get caught, it might leak out but it would be officially denied forever.

This has the makings of a bad action/thriller movie.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Im sorry give me Summerall any day imo....Buck should just go away from all sports

Lorenzo

Reaction score

are you kidding me? I can name a handfull of players who played on GEORGE W's....yes W's team that have links to steroids. canseco and palmeiro are clear. gonzalez, pudge are two that i assume took something. don't forget george W owned or partially owned those rangers. I don't know what clemens has to do with W. I never have liked clemens eventhough his is a UT guy. but he is clearly the best pitcher i've ever watched. and that includes nolan ryan. and i'm a rangers fan.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like buck. he's professional and he is a tad more exciting than the aging summerall was.

Summerall is pretty good for a professional drunk. Joe Buck's father, Jack Buck, was very good, but the apple fell far from the tree with Junior.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
are you kidding me? I can name a handfull of players who played on GEORGE W's....yes W's team that have links to steroids. canseco and palmeiro are clear. gonzalez, pudge are two that i assume took something. don't forget george W owned or partially owned those rangers. I don't know what clemens has to do with W. I never have liked clemens eventhough his is a UT guy. but he is clearly the best pitcher i've ever watched. and that includes nolan ryan. and i'm a rangers fan.

My point exactly. What is the difference between those guys you mentioned and Clemens? Hmm...

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Slobberall has been a "pro drunk" for a long time. I think now he slobbers from old age and plastic surgery.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
My point exactly. What is the difference between those guys you mentioned and Clemens? Hmm...
there are lots of differences....... not to mention that clemens is a legend and canseco called all of those guys out personally because he played with him. As a rangers fan i believe him as well. How does pudge, who has always been a great hitter, hit 35 HR's and steal 30-40 bases in one season. He has HOF written all over him, but he's not that good. and the numbers say so because that was his one freakish season in which he won MVP. sorry for getting off topic, but my problem was that bush has little or no ties with clemens. other than they are both from the same state. george bush owned all of those other rangers who were clouded with the steroids issues and he could do nothing to help them. those were all HOF guys, but because of steroids pudge will likely be the only one to make it.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It is a bummer that Joe Buck is still better than most.
exactly. He's not the best of all time or even the best or anything close. but i'd rather watch him when compared to what some of the other networks are throwing out there. I hate watching cornheiser on MNF. He rambles and talks about a lot of B.S. Last year he was talking about kobe bryant during a game. They need to keep him on PTI or just drop that show too.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Madden is still spuddering out sentence fragments and overly exaggerative onomatopoeia

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Madden is still spuddering out sentence fragments and overly exaggerative onomatopoeia
I'm surprised that they give him close up shots. he's not very pleasant to look at.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm surprised that they give him close up shots. he's not very pleasant to look at.

I was thinking the same thing, he looks like he's wearing a Halloween mask characture of himself. It's totally bizarre

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, he looks like he's wearing a Halloween mask characture of himself. It's totally bizarre
lol....and last night he was adjusting his waistline during the camera shot. someone at ABC nees to tell him something about that. I wonder how michaels felt.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He didn't bother me until the 2005 World Series (Astros-White Sox). After a few innings of listening to him I wanted to tell him to go down to the dugout and give Roger Clemens a (insert sexual act here). It would have been a lot quicker and easier than what Buck was doing, which was giving him the verbal equivalent.

Joe Buck hates any and all sports teams from Chicago and it shows in how he calls games when Chicago sports teams are involved.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Joe Buck hates any and all sports teams from Chicago and it shows in how he calls games when Chicago sports teams are involved.
I couldn't tell yesterday. he was pretty straight on. obviously i like aikman, but i thought he was the one off point in defending grossman on that pick. he's a QB obviously, but grossman still threw a terrible pass.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I couldn't tell yesterday. he was pretty straight on. obviously i like aikman, but i thought he was the one off point in defending grossman on that pick. he's a QB obviously, but grossman still threw a terrible pass.

It didn't help that Berrian basically gave up at the end of the route either. I am not sure I characterize that as a terrible pass. If it was a QB like Brady or Manning who threw that, there would be more forgiveness of it by most people. Grossman gets criticized on that pass more because of last year,

Both Buck and Aikman, IMO, were jocking SD pretty hard...Aikman mostly because of his past with Norv.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It didn't help that Berrian basically gave up at the end of the route either. I am not sure I characterize that as a terrible pass. If it was a QB like Brady or Manning who threw that, there would be more forgiveness of it by most people. Grossman gets criticized on that pass more because of last year,

Both Buck and Aikman, IMO, were jocking SD pretty hard...Aikman mostly because of his past with Norv.
yeah aikman was. I agree that the WR didn't do much there, but even had he run the route and was open. the ball looked poorly thrown. it should have gone over the DB's head......then if the WR ran his route it may have been a TD.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05