Joe Johnson Placed on Craigslist by Hawks Fan

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I don't miss Johnson, and I hope we can finally put to rest the long-standing tirade about how Suns management blew it by asking him to prove his value before maxing him out.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I haven't been around here much lately, so y'all may have seen this already. In any case, I thought this was particularly rich, considering his past. This is a direct quote from JJ, after having been asked about the possibility of playing in Miami as D-Wade's sidekick:

"I played that role already, it doesn't matter. You can still make your stamp on the game. I could care less about being the one or two guy. I just want to win."

I just saw that on hoopshype and I had to laugh. It wasn't that long ago that he said he wanted to be "the man."

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For the sake of argument, what makes Johnson that much better than Richardson? If you compare their numbers, the main differences are that Johnson shoots more and has more assists and turnovers. In other words, he's called upon to make more plays, but he's not necessarily any better at converting.

Wow. Richardson delivers for us in the playoffs in ways that no other 2 has done in recent memory, and still people are calling for someone else. Richardson is an ideal player for us--and he doesn't cry, pout, complain to the media about being disrespected etc. We are foolish to long for someone else.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't compare jj vs. richardson now. Compare jj vs. the 2007/2008 suns.

If we had him then we surely would have won a title. Even if meant he was here and marion wasn't.

No way. JJ is weak-minded and will fold in the playoffs throughout his career. He has no killer instinct.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way. JJ is weak-minded and will fold in the playoffs throughout his career. He has no killer instinct.

I too prefer Jason Richardson over JJ. However, before JJ suffered the eye socket injury in May 2005 against Dallas he was huge in the playoffs. The thing that made JJ special was his height, shooting and versatility in playing different positions. He could also defend a number of positions as well. However, I never considered him as a player that could carry a team. In Atlanta JJ was a big fish swimming in a small pond.

Last edited:

Forrestham

Freebird62
Reaction score
Well JJ has talent but not a heart. J Rich is why we beat Portland. They did a decent job against Amare and Nash. J Rich just blew up against them. He also did not sulk on the bench when Dragic blew up in game 3. This team swept the Spurs because they have heart. J Rich was part of it. He did not shoot well in game 4 but hit that money 3 pointer at the end of the game. He has been busting himself on both end of the court.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05