John DeFilippo Film Study

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Who do you give credit to for the Eagles offense and Wentz's development? DeFilippo, Frank Reich, or Doug Pederson (offensive minded coach from Andy Reid tree)?

This is my same issue with Josh McDaniels. How hard is to be OC and QB coach with Tom Brady?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Who do you give credit to for the Eagles offense and Wentz's development? DeFilippo, Frank Reich, or Doug Pederson (offensive minded coach from Andy Reid tree)?

This is my same issue with Josh McDaniels. How hard is to be OC and QB coach with Tom Brady?
the resume' would indicate that young QB success follows DeFillipo... he was also the guy who coached Derek Carr in his rookie season

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I would be willing to roll the dice with DeFilipo. Clean house and start anew. He will bring similar energy and out of the box thinking to fill out the rest of the staff.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
the resume' would indicate that young QB success follows DeFillipo... he was also the guy who coached Derek Carr in his rookie season

The season when Carr went 3-13, completed 58.1% of his passes and 5.3 YPA?

Todd Downing was Carr's QB coach when he started playing well.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

I am not sure how you determine that. Carr's best 2 seasons were after DeFillipo left. DeFillipo was also OC of Cleveland in 2015 (3-13) with Johnny Manziel.

I am not saying he can't do it but it's interesting how the facts (resume is a perfect analogy) can be twisted to build up somebody's experience/success.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not sure how you determine that. Carr's best 2 seasons were after DeFillipo left. DeFillipo was also OC of Cleveland in 2015 (3-13) with Johnny Manziel.

I am not saying he can't do it but it's interesting how the facts (resume is a perfect analogy) can be twisted to build up somebody's experience/success.

Thank you

Reaction score
I hope not.

You don't want another 13-3 season? It's just as likely if everyone is healthy as 7-8 is with 10 remaining starters. If we were at full strength all year I would say we are probably in the playoffs & not discussing future HC's. Unless we were saying that BA is riding off into the sunset with a SB win. ;)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You don't want another 13-3 season? It's just as likely if everyone is healthy as 7-8 is with 10 remaining starters. If we were at full strength all year I would say we are probably in the playoffs & not discussing future HC's. Unless we were saying that BA is riding off into the sunset with a SB win. ;)
13-3 is just as likely as the two 7 win seasons we’ve witnessed with less talent, and older old players. Oooookay.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It would scare me to bring him from QB coach to head coach. I’d feel comfortable if SK and MB interview him for the OC position though. If he gets their stamp of approval as OC I’d roll with it.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

I watched Carr...the Raiders had issue that were not him during that rookie season.
as for the Browns...I read somewhere the browns posted their best offense in 2015.. but now I cant find it, lol... so that could be incorrect..."Their best offense" may not be saying much...because its the browns,... but even bilicheat failed miserably in cleveland,...I just figured any sign of success there is a sign of coaching ability.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The timeline is crystal clear. Players under their last year of their contract in 2018:

Fitz
Dawson
Golden
Gunter
Bucannon
Iupati
Mauro
JJ Nelson
Palmer
Adrian Peterson
AQ Shipley
Veldheer

I will just be shocked if there isn't one more run with this group, especially when you finished 2-3 games out of the playoffs

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The timeline is crystal clear. Players under their last year of their contract in 2018:

Fitz
Dawson
Golden
Gunter
Bucannon
Iupati
Mauro
JJ Nelson
Palmer
Adrian Peterson
AQ Shipley
Veldheer

I will just be shocked if there isn't one more run with this group, especially when you finished 2-3 games out of the playoffs
That’s a lot of mediocre and/or washed up players.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Fitz
Dawson
Golden
Gunter
Bucannon
Iupati
Mauro
JJ Nelson
Palmer
Adrian Peterson
AQ Shipley
Veldheer

saw that when I was looking at the cap a few weeks back. its painfully obvious Keim expected this core to carry us through 2018
but now he has to retool a year early because the plan aint working and the boss aint happy.

Reaction score
13-3 is just as likely as the two 7 win seasons we’ve witnessed with less talent, and older old players. Oooookay.

We could go 8-8 THIS year with 3 different qb's, 3 different rb's, & multiple OL's. If you don't think it is possible to go 13-3 with a completely healthy team I don't know what to tell you. It seems you have little faith in anything. Why wouldn't it have been the same chance as being 13-3? Please tell me.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a lot of mediocre and/or washed up players.

That is 11 starters. As I said, this is the timeline, to move on with probably 1/3rd of this group after 2018. You don't replace 11 starters in 1 season though.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is 11 starters. As I said, this is the timeline, to move on with probably 1/3rd of this group after 2018. You don't replace 11 starters in 1 season though.
That’s close to the amount the divisional winner Rams did.

EDIT: And Mauro & Gunter are not starters. Or at least shouldn’t be classified as one.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We could go 8-8 THIS year with 3 different qb's, 3 different rb's, & multiple OL's. If you don't think it is possible to go 13-3 with a completely healthy team I don't know what to tell you. It seems you have little faith in anything. Why wouldn't it have been the same chance as being 13-3? Please tell me.

Good lord... you think this core could go 13-3 next year?

That’s as ridiculous as saying John Brown is as good or better than Antonio Brown.

Do you guys not remember getting CRUSHED against any team with a pulse the first seven games of the year with Palmer? Lost by 18 to this mediocre Lions team, 11 to a mediocre Cowboys team at home, 30 against Philly, 30 against the Rams.

Do you not remember last year when with a healthy Palmer/DJ when we looked like the exact same shwag ass team we did with or without Palmer this year?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

That’s as ridiculous as saying John Brown is as good or better than Antonio Brown.

Do you guys not remember getting CRUSHED against any team with a pulse the first seven games of the year with Palmer? Lost by 18 to this mediocre Lions team, 11 to a mediocre Cowboys team at home, 30 against Philly, 30 against the Rams.

Do you not remember last year when with a healthy Palmer/DJ when we looked like the exact same shwag ass team we did with or without Palmer this year?
some people see what they want to see

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

i think 10 wins and a first round road loss in the playoffs was the max potential of this team

they clearly arent a terrible team -- for all our complaining, i suspect the roster is better than we give it credit ----- but even 100% healthy, they arent a true contender