Joker 2

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Seems like one of those movies like the first one, or Ray, or Bohemian Rhapsody, or The Whale, or Lincoln where it’s a transformative performance by the lead but a meh movie.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like one of those movies like the first one, or Ray, or Bohemian Rhapsody, or The Whale, or Lincoln where it’s a transformative performance by the lead but a meh movie.
His performance definitely carries the first hour and a half of the movie but the last 45 minutes were pretty damn great overall.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My daughter went out of her way to call me before I was going to see it Saturday. She told me not to bother. She said the movie is boring. She said it also came off like a arthouse film sponsored by chain smoking. She said the leads couldn’t save this movie and it’s not worth the ticket.

She loved the first film too. So, she confirmed my worst fears. I will wait for it to hit streaming I guess.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
My daughter went out of her way to call me before I was going to see it Saturday. She told me not to bother. She said the movie is boring. She said it also came off like a arthouse film sponsored by chain smoking. She said the leads couldn’t save this movie and it’s not worth the ticket.

She loved the first film too. So, she confirmed my worst fears. I will wait for it to hit streaming I guess.

The rumor is Todd Phillips made it out of spite and it comes off that way. The studio forced a sequel because of the box office hit from the first one.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

With how bad it bombed, I bet it’s on MAX by Thanksgiving, at the latest.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Joker 2 beats out Madame Web and Morbius to make cinema history in the worst possible way

Early reviews of the film following its premiere at the Venice Film Festival last month were mixed, with more negative reviews emerging.

Currently, it has an early Rotten Tomatoes rating of 33 per cent from critics, and a paltry 31 per cent audience score based on over 2,500 verified views.
The bad news keeps coming, as the sequel makes cinema history for all the wrong reasons.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Joker: Folie à Deux is the first Hollywood comic book movie to earn a D CinemaScore from opening day audiences, spelling doom for its box office future. By comparison, Joker earned a favourable B+ CinemaScore.

CinemaScore measures a film’s appeal by polling early reactions to major releases.

With a D CinemaScore, Joker 2 is the most poorly reviewed studio comic book film of all time, falling behind even the much maligned Batman & Robin, Morbius, and Madame Web, all of which earned a C+.

Even the notoriously terrible 2015 Fantastic Four scraped a C-.

That history-making low score is already translating into trouble at the box office for Joker 2, with the film coming in well behind expectations.