Jordin Sparks & Collective Soul At Game on Sunday

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jordin sings an awesome anthem. Next time I'm sure they will call Kody to check on approval, especially when their first choice is an American Idol winner and Cards fan from Glendale.

Kody

Registered
Reaction score
my gf sung against her in contests when they were both little and she said she was a stuck up and mean lol. so thats why haha

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my gf sung against her in contests when they were both little and she said she was a stuck up and mean lol. so thats why haha

That was your GF long before you ever met her( I assume) and years ago. Why would you hold that against her now?

Reaction score
I'm just happy that we've got a true Cards fan to start the game in that way. Can't ask for more than that!

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Collective Soul -- a little dated, but I like them

Dosage is a pretty good album

Lloydian

Registered
Reaction score
After the national anthem was performed at the Atlanta game, I turned to my dad and said, "At least they didn't bring Collective Soul in to do this." I explained that they were from Atlanta and had no business coming to the game. I'm fine with them being here this week though.

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
Never heard someone say that before... She sings one of the best anthems you'll ever hear! I am totally psyched that she is gonna crank this thing up!!!!

:thumbup:

Gotta agree 100% with the National Anthem from Sparks... not a huge "Idol" fan, but her version of the NA and the fact that she is a TRUE AZ Cards Fan... Perfect way to kick this off...:cheers::stick::newcards:

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Do they have an extended halftime for the Conference Title games? I don't remember than from years past. I thought only the Superbowl had a concert stuck in the middle...

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Don't hate the player (Sparks), hate the game (American Idol)

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get it, GIRL!!!

She does sing a mean National Anthem!

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just listened to Collective Soul stuff on youtube to familiarize myself. Sounded good. Acoustics suck in our stadium anyway, so nothing they perform will be clearly heard.

Still wish we'd keep professional music performers out of all halftimes. Chances are most of them have been through rehab several times, are on work release from rehab now or will be in rehab in the future. Since we won't tolerate substance abuse from our players and test them, why not do the same for performers? NFL hypocrisy.

Playoffs are about football, not about halftime acts. Halftimes are meant for bathroom visits and ASFN meets.

Jordin Sparks is local. Decent choice for anthem singer.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Hooray for Jordin Sparks... For me the anthem doesn't get any better than that.

Two gigantic thumbs down on Collective Soul. I mean I couldn't care less cuz I'll be at the ASFN halftime anyways but seriously, someone tell the Cardinals entertainment director that it's 2009 not 1999...

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse than 3 Dorks Down... What's next, the B-52's?

HooverDam

Reaction score
Collective Soul? Lame. If youre going to go for an outdated act you might as well get someone local like Alice Cooper, Stevie Nicks or the Gin Blossoms. Or someone current and local like Authority Zero.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love me some Collective Soul.

Don't get to excited about half time acts or even who signs the national athemn.