Jose Guillen coming back?

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Originally posted by BOB_Man24
Thats true, plus Gammons reports that San Diego is looking to get Giles and Kendal

The Padres? What would they have to give up? I think with the way our farm system has produced this year we could make a better offer.

adam

AZZenny

Reaction score
Kata has the makings of a better second baseman than Spivey, IMO. He certainly needs to make the adjustment to being pitched differently, as did Junior his first year, as did Cintron - but you don't trade a guy for that one reason. Junior had a hot spell, made the all-star team because BB was managing - but he's not looking quite so exciting thus far this year. Kata looks too promising to trade just yet.

But I don't doubt there is some kind of trade in the hopper. I think the way Danny is being handled right now is too odd. He's with Tucson, yet didn't play 2 nights ago, got just one at bat (and a hit) last night. His numbers there are mouth- watering if they could only translate straight across here. We need that bat, and we could use his toughness.

BOB_Man24

Go Cats!
Reaction score
Originally posted by green machine
The Padres? What would they have to give up? I think with the way our farm system has produced this year we could make a better offer.

adam

I agree, however i wonder what their contracts or like. i dont think our team wants to take those on.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZZenny
Kata has the makings of a better second baseman than Spivey, IMO. He certainly needs to make the adjustment to being pitched differently, as did Junior his first year, as did Cintron - but you don't trade a guy for that one reason. Junior had a hot spell, made the all-star team because BB was managing - but he's not looking quite so exciting thus far this year. Kata looks too promising to trade just yet.

But I don't doubt there is some kind of trade in the hopper. I think the way Danny is being handled right now is too odd. He's with Tucson, yet didn't play 2 nights ago, got just one at bat (and a hit) last night. His numbers there are mouth- watering if they could only translate straight across here. We need that bat, and we could use his toughness.

Spivey has more upswing than Kata. Kata got hot for a while and now has struggled the last weeks. Pitchers have found out he can't hit the breaking pitch that well. As for the future, Hairston is the second baseman of the future.

yotes1921

Rookie
Reaction score
The D-backs should not trade

First I would like to say, I am a huge Arizona sports fan, and particularly a D-backs fan living in California, I watch every game on the dish.

This team will not make the playoffs this year one bat will not fix this team. They should wait until the off-season, free up some money and reload. They have a great nucleolus of young talent especially pitching, some large contracts coming off the books (Williams and Womack, Grace, ext.) and can find some good solid hitting then. DO NOT OVERPAY FOR SOMEONE NOW FOR ONE BAT THAT WILL NOT HELP AND IN THE PROCESS GIVE AWAY SOME YOUNG TALENT.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Guillen was already a D'back and the team parted on bad terms...why do we want him back?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
Guillen was already a D'back and the team parted on bad terms...why do we want him back?

Because right now he can knock in runs which is exactly what the team needs!

yotes1921

Rookie
Reaction score
Guillen is having a great year batting in the No. 3 spot for the Reds, and his contract is not too big.

He would help this team, however the D-backs have more then just one spot in the batting order they need to fill.

Look at todays game Penny has a 4.25 ERA and we have 3 hits so far one of our hits is by the pitcher. In fact over the past week our most production has come from the pitching spot in the lineup, Webb had a double in the Giants game that scored a run and Dessings had a triple in the Dodgers game that scored the winning run. It's not the pitchers were facing this lineup just cannot produce runs.

yotes1921

Rookie
Reaction score
Unbelievable, how did we mess this one up. The D-backs pay more for a less productive player in Mondesi and could have easily packaged something better then the A’s. The A’s give up Aaron Harang who has a 4.97 ERA and two kids in the minors. I thought our goal was to get more production in the lineup, could have been done. Good luck the rest of the year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake