Josh Rosen 2018 Film Analysis

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The Jets wanted Kingsbury...
Yes, they did. And from what I remember, Kliff wanted AZ more.

Kind of interesting that the teams he considered had rookie QBs that didn’t have stellar opening seasons. This takes me back to the Murray conversation. Had Kliff signed with the Jets, would he have traded Darnold for Murray? I cant imagine that his sales pitch was, “your team has a top-tier pick and Murray is likely to declare for the draft and forego baseball. Let’s get Murray and trade the incumbent.” Can’t see that as a realistic package deal.

Last edited:

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
he was terrible, plain and simple, one of the worst rookie season of a qb drafted in the top 10 in the last 20 years

its funny cause when they changed the coordinator they tried to help him with many screen passes and then he got worse
if they want to get something in return they have to trade him now

He stunk plain and simple, but so did the coaching staff and team. He still did not show any of us that he has the tools to be a legit QBOTF, that is still up for debate . I’d like to see how he does behind an upgraded line and some WR help.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Rosen made enough throws last year to show that he can play in the league. There is no doubt about that. He showed velocity and accuracy that is NFL level. Yes, he made mistakes, but none seemed uncorrectable. This is why I believe it is a mistake to move on from him.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Yes, they did. And from what I remember, Kliff wanted AZ more.

Kind of interesting that the teams he considered had rookie QBs that didn’t have stellar opening seasons. This takes me back to the Murray conversation. Had Kliff signed with the Jets, would he have traded Darnold for Murray? I cant imagine that his sales pitch was, “your team has a top-tier pick and Murray is likely to declare for the draft and forego baseball. Let’s get Murray and trade the incumbent.” Can’t see that as a realistic package deal.

The Jets would have had security remove him from the property if he said that.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was worried about his hitch watching him in the preseason. After watching that video, it worries me even more. I'm starting to think it's something you can't coach away. It's like trying to fix a stuttering habit. You can talk about it and practice successfully in isoloation. But when put in a pressure social situation, the stuttering comes back. Josh's hitch might just be that.

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Rosen has a strong arm and can make good throws, problem is, that's his only strong attributes, as reading defenses, touch on throws, timing, is just not there. Yes, he had terrible coaching and personnel around him, but I just don't see a really good NFL QB, I see Jay Cutler 2.0

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rosen has a strong arm and can make good throws, problem is, that's his only strong attributes, as reading defenses, touch on throws, timing, is just not there. Yes, he had terrible coaching and personnel around him, but I just don't see a really good NFL QB, I see Jay Cutler 2.0

cutler lasted enough time in the nfl, so wouldnt be bad for him making the same career

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
He flew in to Phoenix from New York after interviewing there. Cardinals didn't let him leave lol. How much interest did the Jets actually have?

Supposedly they wanted to hire him...he was their first interview and they tried to get him to stay longer but Mike B flew to NY to pick him up.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Everything you cited can be a direct cause of a dysfunctional coaching staff, scheme and no continuity with the OL or WRs. I simply saw a much different Rosen early and even so later under duress and mental paranoia, the kid made some big time throws into tight windows... he deserves a chance as others on this team after the Wilks experiment, who was even able to make our defense atrocious