Just and Idea

Booyah30

Reaction score
How about
Nash in sign and trade for Calderon and Nesterovic

I love Nash but he may go to Canada and play for Colangelo. Gives us a big man to replace Skinner and Nesterovic Salary is up next year.

Last edited:

asudevil83

Reaction score
then what?

good start at going youth. but after that, you need something else. you really have to move O'neal (which is impossible). or find trades that land us draft picks or youth.

OP
OP
B

Booyah30

Reaction score
Look up Calderon's stats 11points 8.5 Assists only 1.5 To 50 FG% 41 3PT%. Nesterovic would replace Skinner who is a FA. Also Nestorovic comes off the books after next year and that would be 8 Million. Of course we would have to make some more moves, but it would be a start for the future and stay competetive now.

HooverDam

Reaction score
"Just and idea"? Wow, the school system up in Surprise must be worse than I imagined.

cly2tw

Reaction score
"Just and idea"? Wow, the school system up in Surprise must be worse than I imagined.

I guess he meant to say "just and ideal"!;)

Nash emparassed himself so much with his 3 turnovers in the last minute vs. Spurs, so that it's "just" to chip him out as punishment. And the players in return would be "ideal" pieces for the Suns.:D

OP
OP
B

Booyah30

Reaction score
Don't be in infatuated with Nash. He is a great player, but you have to know when to get the most value out of a trade. Calderon has only been in the league for 2 years and is improving. With that trade we would also need to see what we can get for Bell and Diaw in a package.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about we blow up our team, after we get our 1st round pick back.

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not that bad of a deal. Rashos contract is also expiring.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
first of all, there is no way in hell the raptors give up calderon, especially for nash. calderon is far better than ford, and ford only wants to be a starter. it's pretty obvious they want to keep calderon and get rid of ford. Secondly, what the hell would they want nash for? so they could trade a younger, possibly better version of nash for an old nash who is definitely slowing down as of late? why why why? the raptors aren't stupid. they aren't a franchise founded simply to give away players to the suns either.

this is one of the stupidest ideas i've ever heard.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
first of all, there is no way in hell the raptors give up calderon, especially for nash. calderon is far better than ford, and ford only wants to be a starter. it's pretty obvious they want to keep calderon and get rid of ford. Secondly, what the hell would they want nash for? so they could trade a younger, possibly better version of nash for an old nash who is definitely slowing down as of late? why why why? the raptors aren't stupid. they aren't a franchise founded simply to give away players to the suns either.

You're point is well taken but if you're the Raptors in a playoff series and you could have either Nash or Calderon who would you want running your team?
Chances are Toronto will be playing more playoff games than the SUNS in the next 2 yrs.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, Suns really cannot afford to miss the playoffs... it'll be devastating, as they dont own their picks for 2009.

The proposition isnt too bad, but I'd ask for Raptor's 2009 pick. So atleast the Suns can get a 15~22 pick that year, for youth.

Calderon's efficiency is misleading that he really doesnt take risks in play making, most of his assists comes from jump shots made by his team mates, rarely have i seen him split defenders with his pass or make a play out of nowhere for a team mate... again he's done it but not as often as Nash.

His shooting is also misleading, he takes very few FT attempts to get that 90+%. field goal wise he also takes considerably fewer than your usual. But he does take good shots, which is another explanation but a smaller factor to the high percentage.

Nestorovic is a good defensive big, he really does play the interior nicely. He isnt flashy but a reliable "wall" inside.

Im against Nash trades, but again, if it the right deal comes in, that makes the Suns better for the future... why not think about it instead of dismissing it straight away.

Calderon + Nestorovic = Not enough at the moment...

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Again how is Calderon better than Nash?

Thats definitely an opinion.

Guess Nash beating out Deron Williams, Baron Davis, Tony Parker etc for guard spots in the WEST, selected by coaches mind you.... doesnt count for much.

Nash is much better than Calderon at the moment. Calderon is over rated as of late, and ironically its because of Nash. People assume Calderon will turn out to be the Nash of the pass 3-4 seasons.

With Nash, Raptors are much better.

PG: Nash, backed up by Ford.
SG: Parker
SF: Moon
PF: Bosh / Bargnani
C: Anyone / Bargnani

In the EAST... thats up there.
A 50 win team... very likely anyways.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
How about
Nash in sign and trade for Calderon and Nesterovic

I love Nash but he may go to Canada and play for Colangelo. Gives us a big man to replace Skinner and Nesterovic Salary is up next year.

:biglaugh:

You're kidding right?

Toronto wouldn't give you Calderon for Nash straight across, much less throw in Rasho and his expiring contract. You guys aren't going to trade Nash for an explosive young point guard, that makes no sense. You're greatly over estimating Nash's value.

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't see why Raptors are not looking to move Calderon if they want to go with Ford for the future. Or are they planning to planning to over-pay them both?

PS. Raptors should not even think about moving Calderon.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Again how is Calderon better than Nash?

Thats definitely an opinion.

Guess Nash beating out Deron Williams, Baron Davis, Tony Parker etc for guard spots in the WEST, selected by coaches mind you.... doesnt count for much.

Nash is much better than Calderon at the moment. Calderon is over rated as of late, and ironically its because of Nash. People assume Calderon will turn out to be the Nash of the pass 3-4 seasons.

With Nash, Raptors are much better.

PG: Nash, backed up by Ford.
SG: Parker
SF: Moon
PF: Bosh / Bargnani
C: Anyone / Bargnani

In the EAST... thats up there.
A 50 win team... very likely anyways.

yeah, except TJ ford said he won't play unless he's a starter. That might be a good team in the east, but they aren't a serious contender. With nash almost done, that doesn't make any sense. with calderon, they have a young team that is set to compete in a couple of years. with nash they would be trying to go for it all in one year, which is unrealistic. You're a moron if you think they are better with nash.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
I don't see why Raptors are not looking to move Calderon if they want to go with Ford for the future. Or are they planning to planning to over-pay them both?

PS. Raptors should not even think about moving Calderon.

they want to move ford because ford only wants to be a starter, and they know calderon gives them a much more complete player.

asudevil83

Reaction score
god i see too many completely different opinions on this trade....so i'm going to throw mine out there.

STUPID FOR RAPTORS

1.) Nash = 34 and Calderon = 26

2.) I see a lot of Ford only wants to be starter blah blah blah. trading Calderon for Nash puts them in a position to have either $12.5mil come off the bench or $8mil come off the bench. and do you REALLY see Toronto breaking up a clearly talented back court just to bring in a 34 year old PG for a couple of seasons? SERIOUSLY?

3.) Bosh, Bargs, Ford, Defino, Moon = all under 25. why would a team seriously chop into their productive youth to bring in someone as old as Nash. its not like Nash will be bringing them a championship. sure they'll be better, but in the long run (2+ seasons) its a big step back IMO.

4.) the ONLY reason Toronto would be bringing in Nash, would be to bring in Nash. clearly the trade only seems logical to fans who want to see Nash in Canada, or reunited with Colangelo. you could make all the excuses in the world on why this would be great for Toronto, but you'd be fooling yourself.