Karl Malone to the Suns?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Sorry Joe, I know you dislike him. I really don't like him either because I always thought he was too dirty.

However I heard he was at AWA last night against the Bulls. That's pretty weird considering John Stockton got his number retired in Utah last night.

Amare could learn a lot from Malone and the Suns could use him for at least some minutes.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I personally have never been on the hate-Malone bandwagon. He commits hard fouls and stretches the rules as far as the officials will allow, but that's part of winning. I can't help but admire someone who keeps himself in such amazing shape even past age 40.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
slinslin said:
Sorry Joe, I know you dislike him. I really don't like him either because I always thought he was too dirty.

However I heard he was at AWA last night against the Bulls. That's pretty weird considering John Stockton got his number retired in Utah last night.

Amare could learn a lot from Malone and the Suns could use him for at least some minutes.

If Malone comes back at all he's gonna play with the Lakers - period. I don't want him on this team either - the guy is a loser at heart and will never win a title so why would we want him here?

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Imagine Malone helping Amare to improve even faster. :eek:

Maybe it is appealing to him to play with the "new" Stockton and Malone and having a chance to win a title.

If he was in the stands last night that would be a sure sign I'd say. Why in the world would he come to watch us against the BULLS. Not the most exciting game and on the same day Stockton was honored in Utah.

scoutmasterdave

Board Certified Suns Fan
Reaction score
I'm a huge Malone fan (grew up in Utah - can't help it) - I'd love to see him in a Suns uniform, although that would be REALLY strange.

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wonder why....this team has tremendous chemistry going right now. Is Malone worth risking that?

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Of course in the game recap of Utah's game last night it says that Malone was on the court with Eaton, Dantley etc

So that source that Malone was at the Suns game was wrong. Or at least it wasn't last nights game.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but towards the end of last season I secretly appreciated what Karl Malone was doing for the Lakers. If you'll remember I said repeatedly before last season that he was much more important to that team than Gary Payton.

I'm not saying I like the idea of Karl Malone in a Phoenix Suns uniform, but if you remember my latest hate list he wasn't even on it.

I'd actually rather not think about this. It makes me feel kind of dirty. :) If I had ever contemplated sleeping with a prostitute I imagine this is how it would have felt.

Joe Mama

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
slinslin said:

Ugh I hate Karl Malone. But what the hell, he'd definitely help this team. I wouldnt mind seeing him and Amare in the front court this season. :thumbup:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
If I had ever contemplated sleeping with a prostitute I imagine this is how it would have felt.

A 41-year-old prostitute in terrific shape?

khilari

Rookie
Reaction score
I think Jeff "Horny" Hornacek might have something to do with him being interested in the SUNS. I would love to see him play with the SUNS for 1 year no matter how much I hated this guy when he was with UTAH and LA.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
NickelBack said:
Wonder why....this team has tremendous chemistry going right now. Is Malone worth risking that?

Unfortunately, YES.

The guy is 6'11 and built like a rock. He has EXACTLY what everyone here has been wanting out of a center. At his age he is still a solid defender, and can hit the jumper with ease. Everyone says that if Amare could just hit the jumper he'd be better than Malone. Well, who better to teach him than Malone himself?

Look, I hate him as much as the next guy, but he could really help this team.

Damnit, I really hate Karl Malone!

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Malone was definitly At the Utah Game Last night, It is Possible he was at AWA early and then flew to Utah. I turned over to the Utah game after the suns game and saw him standing in the tunnel.

frdbtr

Registered
Reaction score
zett said:
Malone was definitly At the Utah Game Last night, It is Possible he was at AWA early and then flew to Utah. I turned over to the Utah game after the suns game and saw him standing in the tunnel.

Malone was never in Phoenix last night. He was on the Jazz pre game show with John Stockton and Adrian Dantley and then went into the stands to watch the game and participate in the Half time celebration. He would not be a chemestry killer for the Suns because he was the ONLY unselfish player for the Lakers last year. All of the quotes that I read stated that he was the best passer on the team. I am not a fan of Karl Malone, but if the suns could sign him for a minimum contract, he could do nothing but help, he wouldn't hurt this team. I live in SLC so it was easy for me to access the Jazz pregame.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
He won't sign anywhere but the Lakers. No need for him to uproot his family again just to play in Phx.

I doubt we will hear much from him until after teh holidays, but I wouldnt count on a Suns contract..

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
WastedFate said:
Unfortunately, YES.

The guy is 6'11 and built like a rock. He has EXACTLY what everyone here has been wanting out of a center. At his age he is still a solid defender, and can hit the jumper with ease. Everyone says that if Amare could just hit the jumper he'd be better than Malone. Well, who better to teach him than Malone himself?

Look, I hate him as much as the next guy, but he could really help this team.

Damnit, I really hate Karl Malone!

karl malone is 6'9. and he's no center.

but as much as i hate him, i'd love to add him this year. that way we'd have someone in the power mold when amare goes out.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind the addition of Malone at all if only to teach the kids how to play playoff (dirty) basketball, but he makes no sense for this roster. Where does he fit? He can't play center and he's not athletic enough to run as the starting power forward for this team. He'd be coming off the bench as a power forward to spell Marion. It would improve the bench, but I'm not sure he makes sense with the team philosophy.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Gaddabout said:
I wouldn't mind the addition of Malone at all if only to teach the kids how to play playoff (dirty) basketball, but he makes no sense for this roster. Where does he fit? He can't play center and he's not athletic enough to run as the starting power forward for this team. He'd be coming off the bench as a power forward to spell Marion. It would improve the bench, but I'm not sure he makes sense with the team philosophy.

karl malone has always been able to run and he continues to be in fantastic shape. is he an athletic freak? no. but he never was. is he as fast as he once was? no, but he can still run. as a reserve he'd be great. as a mentor for amare he'd be fantastic. as dangerous elbows, at least he'd be on our team and we wouldn't have to fear 'em as much.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never...ever...want to see Karl Malone in a Suns uniform.

It would be like having Danny Fortson in a Suns uniform.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Nothing could be worse than the day Danny Ainge became a Sun.

At least Malone never bit anybody.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't help but think that if Malone had been healthy during last season's playoff, he'd have his ring.

Would he be interested? Seems unlikely, but the Suns look a lot more like a serious playoff team than the Lakers.