KC game is the key to the season

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well now. THis is a little more like it. When I first arrived everyone was down in the dumps and its nice to see you all rebound as game day gets closer. Keep the faith Card fans. But ya aint gonna win it this week.

Ha, thanks. You guys have been great having around. You even clocked 75 posts!

joko4

Registered
Reaction score
The best thing we got going for us is that the Chiefs are going into this game, what, 1-2 and think they are now headed for the Super Bowl. WAY OVER CONFIDENT!
Matt, it's time to bring us excitment. For Chiefs fans, you'll be Matt's first of many wins.
Chuck the Chiefs in Red Town!

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
Edwards have never outcoached anyone, ever. You saying that it was Edwards that kept that game in-hand is pretty hilarious to me.

I watched that game, and it was Jake Plummer being an utter joke that kept that game close, and had nothing to do with anything the Chiefs had planned out. It takes a real offensive mastermind to run your Pro Bowler 27 times into the line as long as the game was still close.

I don't think that Denny will out-coach Edwards in a man-among-boys kind of way, but I think that if this game comes down to the fourth quarter, I fully expect Edwards to fold first, like he did every time it was possible in New York.

If Edwards was such a great coach, why did he do so little with so much with the Jets? Pennington when he was the passing champ, Santana Moss, Laverneus Coles, a Hall of Fame running back in his prime, John Abraham, etc. , etc.? Did you just not watch those games? Don't you think that's a little strange?

If you honestly think that all he did was run his probowler 27 into the line, and it's that cut and dry, well, you shouldn't be talking. Denver knew we were going to run all game. We had a backup QB starting for us, and we ran the correct plays with the talent that we had available. There were many times that KC drove down the field on denver, but a costly fumble would give it up. Maybe you missed that part. Maybe you chose not to watch the parts where we tore apart Denvers defense.

How often did pennington stay healthy? How long did anyone stay healthy on that team? And sure, most of those names you mention now are great, but when Edwards started with them they werent all exactly household names. Edwards took that team to the playoffs 3 out of 5 seasons. He took them to the AFC championship. I don't think thats bad at all, considering they had to compete with the patriots dominating years.

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
The best thing we got going for us is that the Chiefs are going into this game, what, 1-2 and think they are now headed for the Super Bowl. WAY OVER CONFIDENT!
Matt, it's time to bring us excitment. For Chiefs fans, you'll be Matt's first of many wins.
Chuck the Chiefs in Red Town!

Nobody said we are going to the superbowl bud.

If we beat your team are we allowed to be confident after that?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screw it. If the chiefs beat the cards, i'm going to act like they beat the '72 dolphins.
That seems about right. I'll bet the '72 dolphins might give the Cards a good run for thier money this year...those of them that are still alive and able to suit up, that is.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't look now, but those are the exact same thing that happened with Marcel Shipp. Had a couple good games in a row, then started getting banged up and putting up sub-4.0 YPC games.

Marcell Shipp is nowhere NEAR the running back that Gore is. Not even close to it. It is incredibly laughable you'd even make the comparison.

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
That seems about right. I'll bet the '72 dolphins might give the Cards a good run for thier money this year...those of them that are still alive and able to suit up, that is.

You almost make me want to root for the cards just because I kind of feel sorry for the fans. With all that talent on that team..and no O-line..it's a shame.

I'll trade you the KC Royals for the Arizona Cardinals.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
You almost make me want to root for the cards just because I kind of feel sorry for the fans. With all that talent on that team..and no O-line..it's a shame.

I'll trade you the KC Royals for the Arizona Cardinals.

Throw in a Cabella's and it's a deal.

Wait, we have our own Cabella's now. I'll think of something else, lets get this deal done.

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
Throw in a Cabella's and it's a deal.

Wait, we have our own Cabella's now. I'll think of something else, lets get this deal done.

You can have our ugly cheerleaders... and about half of our BBQ joints. We really have too many.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Don't look now, but those are the exact same thing that happened with Marcel Shipp. Had a couple good games in a row, then started getting banged up and putting up sub-4.0 YPC games.
WOW! I mean WOW!!

K9 actually attributing something good to Shipp!!

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
You can have our ugly cheerleaders... and about half of our BBQ joints. We really have too many.

Well, we're pretty far apart on this. Guess I'll just hang on to the Cards for now. There has to be a WNBA fan that would be willing to trade for the Royals though. You may want to persue that angle.

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
I've only seen what the new stadium looks like based off of madden 07. It looks sweet.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With all respect. THe Chiefs need this game ...BAD! THis would put us at 2-2 and with San Diego takin on Pittsburg and Denver taking on Baltimore It could leave us in a three way tie in the division. Plus we have to go on the road to Pittsburgh next week. We really need this one.
With all respect, the Cards need this game worse.