Keith Van Horn

OP
OP
F-Dog

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nba/article/0,2777,DRMN_23922_4893463,00.html

As for Van Horn, who played last season with Dallas, the Nuggets are waiting to see what he wants to do. Van Horn, who lives in Evergreen with his wife, Amy, and four children, has interest in the Nuggets, but retirement also is an option.

"That's always a possibility," said Rick Majerus, who coached Van Horn at the University of Utah. "His family is very important to him. It's much more important than the NBA."

Mavericks president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson concurred.

He said Van Horn has "made a lot of money in his lifetime" and retiring is "always an option."

Van Horn, 30, earned $15.7 million last season in the final year of a maximum six-year, $73 million deal. His agent, David Falk, plans to talk next week with his client, who has been on vacation in Alaska.

"I don't think they're in any particular rush," said Nelson, who said Van Horn could return to the Mavericks and didn't rule out the Nuggets acquiring him in a sign-and-trade deal.

According to "Mr. Nuggets Insider", they're trying to swindle the Bucks into trading Joe Smith for the Nanny Stopper, Ruben Patterson. Ordinarily, no team would be crazy enough to make that deal, but the Bucks' overriding priority is cap space for next summer, and they could use a backup SF...

Anyway, if the Nuggets get Smith, they'll probably lose interest in trading Najera for KVH. And, since playing for the Mavericks is what drove KVH to consider retirement in the first place, maybe the Suns have a shot at him after all.

If the Suns are interested, they should send Piatkowski out to recruit him. :lol: KVH, Pike, Marks, Burke...would that be the whitest Suns bench of all time? :p

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F-Dog said:
If the Suns are interested, they should send Piatkowski out to recruit him. :lol: KVH, Pike, Marks, Burke...would that be the whitest Suns bench of all time? :p

I'm not into the idea of the white bench concept (I know you are being sarcastic), but I think KVH can still play and might be a good fit in Phoenix filling TT's role, so to speak.

In Phoenix I actually think KVH might find playing basketball enjoyable again. I think he would get a lot of open outside looks and, IMO, probably do a better job of hitting these outside shots than the other players you mentioned above. Also I like his height and his age (30) is mature for a big man. Actually, I think KVH's career might have a revival of sorts playing in the Phoenix system.

IF healthy, I wish he would take what salary Phoenix has left to give him.

newfan101

Registered
Reaction score
F-Dog said:

Don't forget about the venerable 1979 team that had a bench of Jeff Cook, Joel Kramer, Rich Kelley and Mike Bratz ... in addition to 3 white starters ... Alvan Adams, Paul Westphal and Don Buse. They don't get much whiter than that :)

nowagimp

Reaction score
F-Dog said:

How about the weakest white bench of all time?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05