Kerr, time to bit the bullet

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
TNT were periodically showing his face, and he had that 1000 yard stare on him. He looked shocked and confused, with hands to his mouth in prayer.

Time to realize you made a mistake in hiring you buddy Porter. He's obviously not a good fit. Looking at the teams body language, they don't respond to him well, and have lost their confidence and swagger. I really don't think the answer is to break up the group. Personally, they seem to like each other and no rumblings have been going on like the Marion days. They lack motivation, and Porter does not give them that.

Time to can his ass

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Porter is not the problem. He is just not the coach for the Suns. Obviously Kerr should be coaching the Suns because he knows so much about basketball that he can coach the team from the backseat. :rolleyes:

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
TNT were periodically showing his face, and he had that 1000 yard stare on him. He looked shocked and confused, with hands to his mouth in prayer.

Time to realize you made a mistake in hiring you buddy Porter.

The mistake was not hiring Porter... it should have never reached that point. The big mistake was the knee jerk reaction to the Gasol trade and trading for Shaq.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh Porter Shaq da da da......

I'm glad we gambled on both. If we never would have done it we never would have known. Its no fun losing continually in the playoffs either.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The mistake was not hiring Porter... it should have never reached that point. The big mistake was the knee jerk reaction to the Gasol trade and trading for Shaq.

Knee jerk? The Gasol trade was huge and has had a huge impact for that team. I am not sure there was another trade out there to be had at that time last year or this year. I don't fault the Suns for making the Shaq trade and Shaq is not the problem.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Knee jerk? The Gasol trade was huge and has had a huge impact for that team. I am not sure there was another trade out there to be had at that time last year or this year. I don't fault the Suns for making the Shaq trade and Shaq is not the problem.

Exactly! Instead of being a little patient and getting better value for Marion, Kerr panicked and went for what was available at the time and it completely changed the make up of the Suns. That is a knee jerk reaction. You don't think the hiring of Porter and his style is a direct result of Shaq being on the team? I do. You don't think Shaq's "it's all about everything going thru me" attitude has anything to do with it? You don't think that Shaq getting off the bench and walking past Porter and saying "I'm going in" without being summoned undermines the younger players respect for the coach? I do. You could have waited and got a player for Marion that blended in more with the team already there. If D'Antoni had to go then you could have hired a coach whose style fit the team better. It all started with the Shaq trade whether you want to admit it or not.

And if you continue on this downward trend you are truly going to see just how destrucive the BIG cancer can be. Mark my words... it's just beginning...

damo

Registered
Reaction score
You don't think that Shaq getting off the bench and walking past Porter and saying "I'm going in" without being summoned undermines the younger players respect for the coach?

Did that really happen? When? I wouldn't be surprised, i just hadn't heard that before.

But on topic, if they fire Porter, it's time to rebuild cos they ain't getting any younger, or going anywhere in the foreseeable future. I'll always remember the day they picked Jackson Vroman and missed out on Luol Deng as the beginning of the end. Start by firing Griff. He seems to have been somewhere in the middle of everything they've f'ed up in the last few years. What are his credentials anyway? Nude photos of Sarver?

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Back to the scrubby Suns eh? Thanks Robert Horry for clotheslining Nash...

Good thing we have draft picks? Oh wait , we gave those away with KURT THOMAS! LOL pathetic.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yep we should have kept everything the same because the rings were just pouring in...We had a dynasty in the making!

Reaction score
I don't know all the ins and outs of Porter but he does not fit. I don't know all the ins and out of Kerr but he's destroying the Suns.

We had a top notch team here about 2-3yrs ago. Since that time things have spiraled downward. The past year or so at an alarming rate.

DA did not have all the answers and we made some mistakes with not having a suitable sub for Nash at times. The loss of a couple of 'big guys' also hurt. What's missing now more than anything is the excitement that the old team brought to the fans. I just can't get excited about watching a game, win or lose, as I could before.

Once your fan base passes you buy...you're just another team struggling to make the playoffs. Sadly we fit that bill.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the mistake was jettisoning our best low post defender who could also hit the 15 footer, a three point shooter and 3 first round picks for absolutely nothing back in the summer of 2007. every move since then has been trying to make up for those blunders. DA's system desperately needed some kind of defensive presence down low and 3 point shooters to spread the floor. Kerr traded both for cash an the domino effect ensued. last season we had no interior D pre-Marion trade so that team had no shot and post Marion trade, we had no exterior defense, so that team had no shot. Getting Shaq didn't create the problem that going into last season, Kerr had stripped the team down to pretender status.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly! Instead of being a little patient and getting better value for Marion, Kerr panicked and went for what was available at the time and it completely changed the make up of the Suns. That is a knee jerk reaction. You don't think the hiring of Porter and his style is a direct result of Shaq being on the team? I do.

No I don't. I think it's completely related to them wanting a coach that they felt would bring in a defensive mentality. Shaq or no Shaq Porter was going to be the guy.

Also, we could have been more patient with the Marion trade but it appears teams were not knocking down the Suns door to offer equal value for Marion. Plus the Suns have a history of thinking their own players are more valuable then they are.

You don't think Shaq's "it's all about everything going thru me" attitude has anything to do with it?

That is complete crap. Shaq has tried to fit in on this team. He did everything D'Antoni asked of him last year and porter this year. He has done everything the training/medical staff has asked him.

Porter made the decision to make Shaq the first option. Last season D'Antoni started that as well early in games. Also, everything doesn't go through Shaq. Check the stats. Amare leads this team in touches and shot attempts per game.

You could have waited and got a player for Marion that blended in more with the team already there. If D'Antoni had to go then you could have hired a coach whose style fit the team better. It all started with the Shaq trade whether you want to admit it or not.

No..it actually started WAY before that whether you admit it or not. This teams last couple of seasons progressively had gotten worse. You must have forgotten that. This team was already sliding down hill way before the Shaq trade.

And if you continue on this downward trend you are truly going to see just how destrucive the BIG cancer can be. Mark my words... it's just beginning...

Because we didn't have a problem before the Shaq trade with Marion right? Becuase we didn't have a problem with other role players being unhappy with D'Antoni's use of them before the trade right? We don't have a current problem with Raja Bell right? We don't have a problem with Amare right? This teams problems are way bigger then Shaq. Again...Shaq is not the problem.

Honestly....could you know any less about this team???

Last edited:

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Porter made the decision to make Shaq the first option. Last season D'Antoni started that as well early in games. Also, everything doesn't go through Shaq. Check the stats. Amare leads this team in touches and shot attempts per game.

Touches? is that a real stat?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Touches? is that a real stat?

I have actually seen them chart that before during live games. TNT has done it during a couple of the Suns games. lol. Not very meaningful....but Amare clearly touches the ball more then any other player in the game. Especially, when he has over 100 hundred more shot attempts then the next closest player on the team.

Last edited:

CHAPTER 7

Registered
Reaction score
Probably the end started when Sarver came to the Suns. Oh you heard that before???

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Back to the scrubby Suns eh? Thanks Robert Horry for clotheslining Nash...

Good thing we have draft picks? Oh wait , we gave those away with KURT THOMAS! LOL pathetic.
And good thing we got cash for Rondo because he could not contribute on a championship contending team...

oh wait...

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And good thing we got cash for Rondo because he could not contribute on a championship team...

oh wait...

and let's not forget the cash we got for rudy fernandez. that cash exponentially increased our margin of victory by, what, maybe 5 points/game!

i hate steve kerr and robert sarver. they've made the suns, a team i always had faith in, at least in TRYING to win a championship, a friggin' laughingstock. i have NO faith in them at all. can anyone name a single move that these bozos have pulled off that was successful? i mean, w/o the aid of a colangelo.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
i hate steve kerr and robert sarver. they've made the suns, a team i always had faith in, at least in TRYING to win a championship, a friggin' laughingstock. i have NO faith in them at all. can anyone name a single move that these bozos have pulled off that was successful? i mean, w/o the aid of a colangelo.
No... and I don't anticipate any.

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
Not just Kerr but Sarver has to bite the bullet and admit Kerr messed it up and he helped.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't think that Shaq getting off the bench and walking past Porter and saying "I'm going in" without being summoned undermines the younger players respect for the coach? I do.

Did your obsessive hatred of Shaq finally drove you to bug his ass? oh wait, you must have your own crew recording Shaq's every move and must have heard him go "F this am going in", or how else would you have known he wasn't instructed to get ready to return to the game. Your propensity to blame everything on Shaq, at every opportunity on this forum is befuddling.

Maybe you are pissed at him for leaving LA and not give you the opportunities to win more titles? Whatever your reasons are, Shaq, is what he is; Shaq! and he is in no way responsible for the ongoing Suns Woes.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fans are always so smart after the fact........

a lot of these fans have been calling for Kerr's head for years and bashing Sarver during the draft. That's called being smart at the time.

and you know what, even if they weren't, it doesn't change the fact that Kerr has been an abomination of a GM.