Kick or receive

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Do you want the Cards to have the ball first or at the start of the 2nd half. I think i want it to start to the 2nd half. By then, all the jitters will be gone. Taking the ball first could backfire too as an early TO could a bad tone. Of course, taking the ball and going 75 yards for TD sets a mighty good tone as well. I still prefer the 2nd half. That also brings strategy to the end of the 1st half.Having back to back possessions could be huge in this game.

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I say kick it off to start and let the D set the tone. That way the the crowd and tension will wane a little before the O takes the field. Plus, I think its a huge distraction for the kick returner when all those flash bulbs are going off when the ball is in the air.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. In the immortal words of Ed ONeil in Little Giants "Either we kick it off, take it and ram it down your throats or you kick it off and we ram it down your throats."

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about this.. We kick it off to them.. During the return we nail the PR at the 22 yard line causing him to fumble.. We recover it on the 14 yeard line and two plays later Hightower punches in a 7 yard TD.. Thus we kick it off to them again.. :D

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How about this.. We kick it off to them.. During the return we nail the PR at the 22 yard line causing him to fumble.. We recover it on the 14 yeard line and two plays later Hightower punches in a 7 yard TD.. Thus we kick it off to them again.. REPEAT:D

I fixed it for you =)

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How about this.. We kick it off to them.. During the return we nail the PR at the 22 yard line causing him to fumble.. We recover it on the 14 yeard line and two plays later Hightower punches in a 7 yard TD.. Thus we kick it off to them again.. :D
Yeah no kidding. I hope we are kicking off to them all day.:D

Hughc

Rookie
Reaction score
I always prefer to receive in the 2nd half. Make the half time adjustments and have the offense on the field. In a game like this teams are likely to be a little tense and tentative at the start, meaning it's more likely the team that gets the ball at the start of the game is going to punt. Plus there's the chance of scoring before halftime, then getting the ball and scoring again to start the second half. Keeps the opponent out of a rhythm.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Over the past 12 years, teams winning the opening coin flip are 3-9 in Super Bowls. The only winners: Warner's Rams in Super Bowl XXXIV, Tampa Bay in Super Bowl XXXVII and the Giants last year in University of Phoenix Stadium. (Note: Every team that has won the coin toss has elected to receive.)

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/DouglasHaller/45120

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just like we did against the Eagles. Receive, go down the field and score.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Recieve. Put up some scores on the board as fast as possible and make them get out of their offensive game plan. Make Ben throw the ball and get another 2 INT's, 4 sacks, and 2 fumbles like he did last year and like he usually does when he has to throw the ball more then 30 times.

Skinny McPimp

Reaction score
I think the old Niner teams did well because on their first possession, they would always drive down the field and score setting the tone of catchup for the other team all day. RECEIVE and jam it down their throats!