Kicker?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Ryland has range that’s probably about as good as praters, is cheaper, much younger and has hit multiple game winners. Appreciate prater but it should be Ryland’s job
TBF Prater has more 50+ yard field goals than anyone in NFL history. Ryland has a tendency to kick low as witnessed in the SF game where they blocked it and ran it in for a TD. That’s why NE cut him. Today’s winning kick was close to being blocked. Just saying let’s not jump the gun.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep him. He's got the ice water in his veins and hit a 50 yarder today. Young kicker with no fear is a decade and a half of solid play from an important position. Prater is 40. Love him, but he's 40.
And he missed the only game winning kick he had a shot at last year. From within 40 no less.

We haven’t had a clutch kicker since Chris Jacke. There is ZERO reason to be sentimental about Prater, who’s older than dirt and has never hit a big kick for us since he’s been here.

This dude has hit 3 game winners. Two on the road. For the Cardinals.

This is not a moment to overthink. He’s the guy.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
If they cut him on ir he even gets an injury settlement
Well after game one contracts are guaranteed I do believe. So his injury settlement would be his salary for the year. Outside of game day bonuses, if he had any.

If he wants to be released with an injury settlement??? Well I'm not sure how that works. My guess would be he would rather sit on IR and collect his checks.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan