Cardinals at Packers gameday thread 10-13-24

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean if there's one thing that's really super duper wrong with this team right now it's that we can get any pressure whatsoever with four.

We'll never win anything until we fix that.

That was the whole issue today and when we did get pressure it's because it was a screen and they let us come in.

Offense was bad but the defense my goodness, they did anything they wanted

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Let's go with your number of 16. Kyler is the 16th best QB. OK.

The ONLY position group we have on the roster that is better than top 16 is Tight End.

So every spot besides tight end needs to be upgraded before we think of replacing our "top 16" quarterback
I have said on multiple threads, Kyler isn't going anywhere until after 2025.

In terms of the roster...OL is down because of injuries, WR is mid. RB is top 16. S is top 16. ILB probably around top 16.

I was told this offseason that Monti was doing well...odd to see his supporters turn so quickly.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I have said on multiple threads, Kyler isn't going anywhere until after 2025.

In terms of the roster...OL is down because of injuries, WR is mid. RB is top 16. S is top 16. ILB probably around top 16.

I was told this offseason that Monti was doing well...odd to see his supporters turn so quickly.
Exactly. But no, no, we were being unreasonable. Patience! We will compete for a wild card spot in year 3!!!

:sarcasm:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Petzing has to find a way to use Murray's legs.

Did not do enough again today.

If the defense is playing contain on the outside, then they have to run some QB draws. It's a little more dangerous to Murray , but with our WR1 struggling, we desperately need production.

Plus it juices the run game for the RBs and slows down the pass rush too.

DP, if you want to stay employed, you better find a way man.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If the defense is playing contain on the outside, then they have to run some QB draws. It's a little more dangerous to Murray , but with our WR1 struggling, we desperately need production.

I think you pointed out one of the Cardinals problems. They don't want Murray getting injured by running too much, which lessens the play book. And his legs are one of his biggest assets. I don't think he is going to be blocking, either.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I agree but Kyler also has to find a way to use his legs. Kyler's passive style of play is as much on him as it is on Petzing.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I think you pointed out one of the Cardinals problems. They don't want Murray getting injured by running too much, which lessens the play book. And his legs are one of his biggest assets. I don't think he is going to be blocking, either.

Well then Mainstreet, he's not our guy.

I'm sorry, and I love the kid to death. I think he's supremely talented.

But if he can't take the contact required for seven to ten NFL carries a game, even often sliding, then we have to move on.

When K1 really turns the legs loose, it's lethal, and it's an acceptable trade off for him not being the type of QB to stand in the pocket and deliver balls while getting hit. He can do the latter only inconsistently. He'll never do like Warner or Palmer did.

Seven to ten designed carries per game is his formula for MVP, and for our path to the superbowl.

Less than that we're just wasting our time and his talent.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No ….I didn’t see anything today that would indicate otherwise.
LOL
I was talking about before the season what I thought if we were 3-3 at this point. The defense is a lot worse than I thought it would be and I didn't think it would be all that good to begin with. I doubt we win 7 games.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Well then Mainstreet, he's not our guy.

I'm sorry, and I love the kid to death. I think he's supremely talented.

But if he can't take the contact required for seven to ten carries game, even often sliding, then we have to move on.

When K1 really turns the legs loose, it's lethal, and it's an acceptable trade off for him not being the type of QB to stand in the pocket and deliver balls while getting hit. He can do the latter only inconsistently. He'll never do like Warner or Palmer did.

Seven to ten designed carries per game is his formula for MVP, and for our path to the superbowl.

Less than that we're just wasting our time and his talent.
I agree with this. But again, Kyler also has to decide he wants to do this.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree but Kyler also has to find a way to use his legs. Kyler's passive style of play is as much on him as it is on Petzing.

There were a few plays where I saw room to run and Kyler was trying to make the big play down field.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I agree with this. But again, Kyler also has to decide he wants to do this.

Okay, but how much flexibility does Murray have to call his own number in terms of a play like a QB draw?

I mean I don't know that much about the NFL OC/QB dynamic in terms of playing calling and audibiling and all of that, but surely Murray can only audible out of maybe 20% of the called plays without causing friction with his OC?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Okay, but how much flexibility does Murray have to call his own number in terms of a play like a QB draw?

I mean I don't know that much about the NFL OC/QB dynamic in terms of playing calling and audibiling and all of that, but surely Murray can only audible out of maybe 20% of the called plays without causing friction with his OC?
There is a lot of read option in this offense, and Kyler can scramble any time he wants to. Three of these. Three designed plays by Petzing and one audible gets you to 7 carries.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22