Kim gives up 715 to Barry

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BK Kim now has another thing he is infamous for.

And now Barry - just quit.

AZZenny

Reaction score
LOL! That's a pretty bizarre coincidence, actually.

Well, I think Kim always thought he deserved baseball fame, and he's got it in spades. Of course, infamy isn't exactly the same as fame, but close.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
People are talking so damn much about him passing Babe Ruth that many of the casuals actually THINK Ruth was the Home Run King prior to Bonds. It's a sad travesty to see how much Hank Aaron is being overlooked in all this mess.

Yes, it's grand to see someone second on the All Time Charts. But since when did second place ever amount to jack poop? When he passes Hammerin' Hank, then the pomp and circumstance should be extended. As of now, he's still in second place, which means nothing. If it did, then the Buffalo Bills, Minnesota Vikings and Smarty Jones would all be lauded at this time.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
And now Barry - just quit.
If Bonds' ego weren't as big as his head size, and if he had any contact with reality, he would have reached the 714 to tie the Babe for second place . . . then retired.

poptart

Reaction score
Sun Devil Jay said:
People are talking so damn much about him passing Babe Ruth that many of the casuals actually THINK Ruth was the Home Run King prior to Bonds. It's a sad travesty to see how much Hank Aaron is being overlooked in all this mess.

Yes, it's grand to see someone second on the All Time Charts. But since when did second place ever amount to jack poop? When he passes Hammerin' Hank, then the pomp and circumstance should be extended. As of now, he's still in second place, which means nothing. If it did, then the Buffalo Bills, Minnesota Vikings and Smarty Jones would all be lauded at this time.

Babe Ruth IS baseball.
He's the biggest icon in the game, and probably always be.
it's not about getting second place, it's about passing him.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
poptart said:
Babe Ruth IS baseball.

:thumbup: Exactly right.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
poptart said:
Babe Ruth IS baseball.

I completely understand. The magnititude of Ruth, almost 50 years after his death, still looms larger than life. I have no questions that Bonds passing "The Bambino" was a huge accomplishment. What I'm torked by is how much Hank Aaron is being overlooked in all this. He may not have had the mystique of Babe Ruth, so few do, but to hear people on national radio claim that Bonds "is the Home Run King" really makes me want to slam my head off a wall.