King starting again

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Denny ... you just screwed us. I am still with you, but not on this one.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
for the love of God ... WHY?!

McCown gets benched after 4 fumbles and King is allowed to fumble 5 times and throw 3 picks. The logic here is there is no logic

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I could have predicted that.

To be fair you have to give him time if you are going to be honest about it.

Personally I am glad, I hope we win but if we don't and he does something like this again then maybe we can all start chanting for Navarre.

I knew King would turn the ball over I watched the guy play enough to know that he thinks he's good.

He has talent and just was itching to chuck the ball but as you can see the problems on this team mean that your QB has to be a world beater to beat the blitzes and to sense the rush.

He isn't, He didn't and I knew he wouldn't.

Josh isn't all that bad and suprisingly values the ball. Now he dosen't look so stupid or bad does he. He is young, inexperienced and still he knew enough to know there was danger.

King just salivates at our WR but I guess he didn't factor in his own scatter arm and our Oline with drooling.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
for the love of God ... WHY?!

McCown gets benched after 4 fumbles and King is allowed to fumble 5 times and throw 3 picks. The logic here is there is no logic

Josh started the game after he got benched.

This was obvious, if he didn't pull him in this debacle, there's no way he was going to not start him next week.
If he plays that badly again, that'll be it for good.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
clif said:
please tell me this is a ploy to motivate josh. PLEASE!!!
How much more motivation does he need ??

I mean.. one good season and we give him a quadrillion dollars.

Well... It worked for Jake anyway.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I believe the players and coaching staff have more confidence in King.
Think about it, we used the shotgun and from the start seemed like we were
going to win or lose by throwing the ball. We can't say that those things
have happened all year. Live with it. King will be the QB, for now.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
AzCards06 said:
Jurecki just interviewed Denny on the radio, King is starting again next week.

I think you give King three starts so we know what he can do. If he cannot cut it then at least we elimante him from next year. Josh is last in the league in about every catagory for a starting QB so he his no answer for next year. If I am Green I am already trying to figure out who I might trade for or get in FA next year at QB. Because King did not play well does not make Josh any better. King had nothing to do with the first three TD's in the first half where the Panthers just passed and ran it down our throat.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
Sweet Lord in Heaven! He can't be serious!

Why not! Many think Green has a super brain about football so why would anyone question him about starting King again? You cannot have it both ways. Either he sees something in King we do not see (I always like that statement that is often posted) or he is a lousy coach. Which is it?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
john h said:
I think you give King three starts so we know what he can do. If he cannot cut it then at least we elimante him from next year. Josh is last in the league in about every catagory for a starting QB so he his no answer for next year. If I am Green I am already trying to figure out who I might trade for or get in FA next year at QB. Because King did not play well does not make Josh any better. King had nothing to do with the first three TD's in the first half where the Panthers just passed and ran it down our throat.

Their 3rd TD was on possession where they started on our 1 after the King INT ... keep making excuses for him you might hit one that actually has logic behind it

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
conraddobler said:

Personally I am glad, I hope we win but if we don't and he does something like this again then maybe we can all start chanting for Navarre.

I knew King would turn the ball over I watched the guy play enough to know that he thinks he's good.

He has talent and just was itching to chuck the ball but as you can see the problems on this team mean that your QB has to be a world beater to beat the blitzes and to sense the rush.

Josh isn't all that bad and suprisingly values the ball. Now he dosen't look so stupid or bad does he. He is young, inexperienced and still he knew enough to know there was danger.

King just salivates at our WR but I guess he didn't factor in his own scatter arm and our Oline with drooling.

No matter how King plays it does not effect how good or bad McCown is. He still is no NFL starter in my opinion. All our post are around our QB's and what did we draft last year? Another receiver to go with several very good ones we alread had. That is where we went wrong. Yeh its 20/20 sight but I said it back then and say it now.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Josh started the game after he got benched.

This was obvious, if he didn't pull him in this debacle, there's no way he was going to not start him next week.
If he plays that badly again, that'll be it for good.

This is the right move. You have to give him a week with the starting unit, see if he can do it and then either toss him off the bus, go with Navarre or go back to Josh. I'd prefer Navarre.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
john h said:
No matter how King plays it does not effect how good or bad McCown is.
I agree.

If king turns the ball over like next week like he did this week, I don;t know what we should do. Maybe go to Navarre, because the fact is we won't get to the playoffs with either guy. Maybe Navarre has what it takes, but I doubt it.

In the mean time, king gets the looksee.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This goes out to all of you that kept calling to give Josh more time. Denny did. Now you dont think he will give King the last half third of the season? :rolleyes:

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
conraddobler said:

"chanting for Navarre"? Are you clinically insane? Have you lost your mind? Are you some kind of maniac? KING SUCKS! NAVARRE SUCKS? JOSH SUCKS LESS AND HE DOESN'T TURN THE BALL OVER! START JOSH!

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
This goes out to all of you that kept calling to give Josh more time. Denny did. Now you dont think he will give King the last half third of the season? :rolleyes:

LOL

As if the carping didn't start in game one.... lol

I'm laughing out loud at this one.

King can start long enough to totally wreck his career, after that I'd like to have my team back because it sucks watching them get killed.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
King can start long enough to totally wreck his career, af.

I have a feeling conrad 2 QB's have done that this year....killed their career I mean. 1 left and a draft coming up lol