King starting again

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
I have a feeling conrad 2 QB's have done that this year....killed their career I mean. 1 left and a draft coming up lol

I only think we have one decent QB.

I was for drafting one or Roy Williams.

My only point was that people like you clamoring for Josh's benching may have not thought through the alternatives.

The best QB on the team is Josh. That isn't a good thing but it's the truth.

Pointing that out dosen't mean I love Josh just that it is my opinion given the current situation.

I made statements like it's not all Josh, heck some of the problems are actually comming from other people not just the QB etc etc. Well today dosen't prove I was right but those saying King is the answer didn't exactly have a good day now did they?

It also proves that Josh isn't the only QB who won't look good on this team.

Now what your point is I don't know and don't really care either.

Red Hawk Old

Veteran
Reaction score
Well it looks like we can write this season off.:bang:

I wonder if I can get a refund on the rest of my season tix.:rolleyes:

phinius

Rookie
Reaction score
john h said:
I think you give King three starts so we know what he can do. If he cannot cut it then at least we elimante him from next year. Josh is last in the league in about every catagory for a starting QB so he his no answer for next year. If I am Green I am already trying to figure out who I might trade for or get in FA next year at QB. Because King did not play well does not make Josh any better. King had nothing to do with the first three TD's in the first half where the Panthers just passed and ran it down our throat.

This makes sense to me. King had a poor game but he did try to take advantage of our supposedly superior receiving corps. On several occasions he threw the ball with a softer touch which gives Bolden and Fitzgerald a chance to out jump the smaller defenders. The Cards are paying big bucks for receivers that Josh doesn't seem to use effectively. If King and the receivers can get on the same page something good may happen. I doubt that this will ever result with Josh at QB.

Phinius, the old timer.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
I only think we have one decent QB.

I was for drafting one or Roy Williams.

My only point was that people like you clamoring for Josh's benching may have not thought through the alternatives.

The best QB on the team is Josh. That isn't a good thing but it's the truth.

Pointing that out dosen't mean I love Josh just that it is my opinion given the current situation.

I made statements like it's not all Josh, heck some of the problems are actually comming from other people not just the QB etc etc. Well today dosen't prove I was right but those saying King is the answer didn't exactly have a good day now did they?

It also proves that Josh isn't the only QB who won't look good on this team.

Now what your point is I don't know and don't really care either.

No having Josh as the best QB isn't a good thing. But mostly everyone but :hulk: believed that.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Red Hawk said:
Well it looks like we can write this season off.:bang:

I wonder if I can get a refund on the rest of my season tix.:rolleyes:

Hell, home games are the only place you can see the Cards play decent ball.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love that people are writing off the rest of the season and yet - the leader of the Darkside apparently - still is looking forward to the next game - which I actually think we'll win.

It was one game - we had another one like it three weeks ago with another QB at the helm - or has everyone forgot about that already? You know - we came back to win 2 games in a row after that - the sky ain't falling . . . yet.

Granted - i'm not happy about today's game, but I kinda saw it coming. The Panthers have been hot offensively for weeks and they are really the first club we've played that's been hot scoring points - the turnovers certainly didn't help that.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
I love that people are writing off the rest of the season and yet - the leader of the Darkside apparently - still is looking forward to the next game - which I actually think we'll win.

It was one game - we had another one like it three weeks ago with another QB at the helm - or has everyone forgot about that already? You know - we came back to win 2 games in a row after that - the sky ain't falling . . . yet.

Granted - i'm not happy about today's game, but I kinda saw it coming. The Panthers have been hot offensively for weeks and they are really the first club we've played that's been hot scoring points - the turnovers certainly didn't help that.

Actually cheese, I had a pretty good idea that we'd lose today. Overall, I just wanted to be 6-6 no matter how it worked out. Now, we have to get to 6-6 the hardest way possible. I just didn't expect an abomination of a first half like we got today. That makes it really, really hard to be optimistic. It was so much like road games we've seen under McGinnis the last two seasons.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
Actually cheese, I had a pretty good idea that we'd lose today. Overall, I just wanted to be 6-6 no matter how it worked out. Now, we have to get to 6-6 the hardest way possible. I just didn't expect an abomination of a first half like we got today. That makes it really, really hard to be optimistic. It was so much like road games we've seen under McGinnis the last two seasons.

i'm totally with you aj - funny thing is this - I actually do still think we'll be 6-6.

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
I wish McCown was starting next week.

Green probabably has decided in going a different the rest of this season and will seek a FA QB in the offseason.

McCown was not playing great but he wasn't kiling us either.

Rocco

All Star
Reaction score
on the bright side, but not by much:

if we do go back to Josh, at least he's had some time to heal up a little bit.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Toro said:
I wish McCown was starting next week.

Green probabably has decided in going a different the rest of this season and will seek a FA QB in the offseason.

McCown was not playing great but he wasn't kiling us either.

I agree. /This is not a playoff caliber team however.

They'll struggle to reach .500

MrY

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't know if this was mentioned earlier.. Is King under contract for next year? Maybe Green is just trying to decide who will be the backup next year...McNown or King. He may just be trying to evaluate which one is worth keeping if either

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Yes we can beat the Jets but will we?

I doubt it.

Call me a darksider call me what you will but we have one road win all year over the Dolphins and we are going to somehow win another?

I doubt it.

Josh or King takes us to the playoffs?

I doubt it.

Should we make the playoffs by some miracle we get what? Another road game and we can hope to win that?

I doubt it.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
MrY said:
I don't know if this was mentioned earlier.. Is King under contract for next year? Maybe Green is just trying to decide who will be the backup next year...McNown or King. He may just be trying to evaluate which one is worth keeping if either

I would say Mr Green already knows about that and wouldn't risk 1000000$ on testing anyone out right now.

He thought King would give him the best chance to win the game.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
This goes out to all of you that kept calling to give Josh more time. Denny did. Now you dont think he will give King the last half third of the season? :rolleyes:

I think we have enough tape on King. King is a fill in QB nothing more.

McCown has potential and a strong arm but I am not sure what difference that makes now.

Denny pulled Josh a little early IMO but it is his team and his decision.

One thing about King, he is more poised and decisive even though he was no more effective. Those turnovers in the first half sure hurt today. Sure would have been nice only down 14-0 to start the 3rd instead of 28-0. The penalties were huge but the INTs and fumbles were the dagger.

Another road loss, what else is new. :shrug:

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
MrY said:
I sure hope you are wrong with this thought. The last thing he should be doing when it's the end of November and you are one game out of the 1st place is...deciding who is backup qb next year!!!???!!!!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:

Nicely done. Had we won this game 35-10 , we would have been renaming the Grand Canyon after Dennis Green. If Josh would have started and we lost 35-10, Green would be the same "so called" idiot that some people arenow calling him.
There were many more reasons we lost this game. King was only 1 of them.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
slanidrac16 said:
Nicely done. Had we won this game 35-10 , we would have been renaming the Grand Canyon after Dennis Green. If Josh would have started and we lost 35-10, Green would be the same "so called" idiot that some people arenow calling him.
There were many more reasons we lost this game. King was only 1 of them.

Yup :thumbup: concur

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Yup :thumbup: concur

You are a complete hypocrite! in the oher games we lost you made it completely clear that it was all due to josh now all of a sudden when king is the qb then its a bunch of reasons we lost :rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05