Kings @ Suns Game Thread 12-17-12

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Kings visit the Suns tonight. Can the Suns keep their winning streak going?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Kings visit the Suns tonight. Can the Suns keep their winning streak going?

I think it's time for the understandably jaded Suns fans to realize that getting hot and making the playoffs could actually be a good thing for our future. If for no other reason, it takes away one of the possible playoff spots for the Lakers. Our pick would be downgraded but their pick would be ours and unprotected.

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's time for the understandably jaded Suns fans to realize that getting hot and making the playoffs could actually be a good thing for our future. If for no other reason, it takes away one of the possible playoff spots for the Lakers. Our pick would be downgraded but their pick would be ours and unprotected.

Steve

I'd prefer the Lakers and Suns both not make the playoffs so the Suns would have two lottery picks in the upcoming draft. :D

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is one of those rare games that I might be tempted to keep Scola out there for a few extra minutes. He's the kind of guy that can piss off anyone and it wouldn't take much for Cousins to snap and earn a trip to the showers.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd prefer the Lakers and Suns both not make the playoffs so the Suns would have two lottery picks in the upcoming draft. :D

Sure but if we miss the playoffs that increases the Lakers chances. It probably also means that some of our assets lose value. I'd rather make the playoffs, get the Lakers pick and then trade Scola for another first round pick (as long as we're dreaming:)).

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure but if we miss the playoffs that increases the Lakers chances. It probably also means that some of our assets lose value. I'd rather make the playoffs, get the Lakers pick and then trade Scola for another first round pick (as long as we're dreaming:)).

Steve

I think SA would give up a first round pick for Scola. He just seems destined to be a Spur.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think SA would give up a first round pick for Scola. He just seems destined to be a Spur.

You'd think but SA rarely errs on foreign players and they've already let Scola go once.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still hate seeing Beasley and Scola on the court together for more than a minute or two at a time. Our lead, which should be double digits easily, is down to two. Eddie and Albert have both harped on it and they're right, the Kings were giving us this game and we've refused to accept that gift. We're shooting poorly, our passes lack zip and our defense is porous.

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd think but SA rarely errs on foreign players and they've already let Scola go once.

Steve

I've read that the Spur fans were gaga after Scola was amnestied because they thought they might get him. I don't recall the exact reason the Spurs let Scola go, but it was not because they didn't want to keep him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still hate seeing Beasley and Scola on the court together for more than a minute or two at a time. Our lead, which should be double digits easily, is down to two. Eddie and Albert have both harped on it and they're right, the Kings were giving us this game and we've refused to accept that gift. We're shooting poorly, our passes lack zip and our defense is porous.

Steve

Never know which Suns team is going to show up.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can't buy a three. So clearly, the best strategy is to throw up a lot more threes.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morris played good defense on Thompson, forced him into taking a fadeaway 15 footer but for some reason he kept his hands down. Surely he knows better than that?

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never know which Suns team is going to show up.

Actually, I think we do know. The good team doesn't play Scola for the first 10 minutes of the game and certainly doesn't pair him with Beasley for much of that time. That's the team that Gentry put out there tonight and the rest of the team plays flat on offense and uninspired on defense when those two are out there.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns can't hit a shot. I hate it when Gortat plays weak.

I do too but I think that's a little unfair. That wimpy little hook shot that really ought to be called a prayer needs to disappear from his repertoire but he's played strong on D and he's rebounding very well. He's not part of the problem tonight IMO, it's the deep shot off of one pass (at the most) that's causing us much of our problems.

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morris played good defense on Thompson, forced him into taking a fadeaway 15 footer but for some reason he kept his hands down. Surely he knows better than that?

Steve

I don't know what Morris was thinking.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are playing lethargic. I'd say down to their competition but the Suns are down there as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to see Tucker in for Beasley. The Suns need some energy.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are playing lethargic. I'd say down to their competition but the Suns are down there as well.

Yeah, I think the Kings were playing down to our level to begin with but no more.

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Markieff Morris where are you?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns cannot rebound. They are so soft inside.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, our end of the court doesn't have a backboard. When you keep rimming out shot after shot inside, use the glass.

Steve

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
We can't buy a three. So clearly, the best strategy is to throw up a lot more threes.

Steve
That was the key to us falling behind. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting . . . never mind! :bang:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was the key to us falling behind. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting . . . never mind! :bang:

We started out the second half missing a three also but at least that one was a product of the offense. They moved the ball well and took a good shot, just missed it. It's those quick shots or the ones where Brown dribbles around for 10 seconds and then forces a three that I hate.

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shannon has turned into Kobe again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members