Know thine enemy: San Fransisco 49'ers

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Depth Chart:
http://www.49ers.com/team/depth_chart.php

Looks like the same team we played the first week of the season.

What makes them dangerous is a new coach, coming off a bye.

I would consider this Niner team our top rival because of the intense football games we have had over the last few years.

Thus I would be SHOCKED if our team came out flat against the Niners on Monday Night Football.

Sidenote: Bryant Johnson is their 3rd WR ?!?!?!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually not the same team, changed QB's, changed some defensive starters, changed coaches as you mentioned. They're talking about getting more time for draft picks like Balmer and Rachal(2nd round OL hasn't played a down yet).

They should be less turnover prone and even more dependent on Gore.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Actually not the same team, changed QB's, changed some defensive starters, changed coaches as you mentioned. They're talking about getting more time for draft picks like Balmer and Rachal(2nd round OL hasn't played a down yet).

They should be less turnover prone and even more dependent on Gore.

Definitely more dependant on Gore. Shaun Hill will get his first start on the road and he doesnt force throws like JTO so expect him to hit the short routes and less 5 to 7 step drops...

Yes Bryant Johnson is our third right now. Rookie Josh Morgan has had a couple drops but him and Arnez Battle has really stepped it up so far. Also look for second year player Jason Hill who might see more action in this game since him and Shaun Hill have some chemistry together. But thats our receiving core right now with Bruce still our number 1 ...

Yeah I heard the same thing about Rachel and Balmer. Balmer has had some playing time so it'll be interesting in what he can do. Alot of 49er fans already have written him off as another 1st round bust but Im not writing him off just yet. Rachel will be interesting as well since we need OL help BAD and plus we signed some TE recently to help out with some blocking. Stupid move by Nolan cutting Norris and keeping Keasey as our starting FB. Really stupid move ...

EuroCard

Rookie
Reaction score
They have had success against us in the past passing to Gore coming out of the backfield. We need to nail this one as it has been a weakness for us against less capable running backs than Gore.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
They have had success against us in the past passing to Gore coming out of the backfield. We need to nail this one as it has been a weakness for us against less capable running backs than Gore.

That's why I made sure to tell Antrell last night @ the BRR "Wrap up and PILE DRIVE!"

pogoowner

Reaction score
That depth chart isn't entirely accurate. David Baas has taken over at LG and Adam Snyder will be seen at RT. Jonas Jennings, in his first week returning from his shoulder injury will backup both tackle positions. Also, with Battle out, you'll likely see a lot of Jason Hill in the slot.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This will be a indicator of how ready the Cardinals are from a mental standpoint. On MNF on a national stage they better come out ready to be lights out.

We know Tony'll hate but the rest of the media has "suddenly" adopted the Cardinals as the NFL darlings. I just hope they win, even if it's ugly.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If the 49ers have to go to Gore all game long, its game over. We have only allowed one 100 yard rusher all season long.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
This will be a indicator of how ready the Cardinals are from a mental standpoint. On MNF on a national stage they better come out ready to be lights out.

We know Tony'll hate but the rest of the media has "suddenly" adopted the Cardinals as the NFL darlings. I just hope they win, even if it's ugly.

Kornheiser's probably chomping at the bit to mention the Cards last Monday Night win 'was during the Carter administration' or something like that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05