Koplove goes too?

Kolo

Reaction score
This trade makes no sense at all.

Our pen is loaded w/ young power arms (Brazoban, Bruney, Aquino, Valverde), Koplove is arbitration eligible and I read they were thinking about not offering him arbitration and cutting him loose. If the Dodgers need a decent right handed middle reliever to get the deal done, so be it.

AZZenny

Reaction score
If we have to offer an extension to Shawn Green, it makes less and less sense. I was only OK with it because we wouldn't be stuck with him for long. Just what we need, more overpaid hasbeens clogging the OF. :rolleyes:

Koppy burned some people with his complaints about how he was being used early in 2004, and he is physically not real durable, even though I like him. Not surprised to see him go in exchange for something a bit younger. Curious what will happen with Hillenbrand in the next 48 hours.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hugh Jass said:
This trade makes no sense at all.

Our pen is loaded w/ young power arms (Brazoban, Bruney, Aquino, Valverde), Koplove is arbitration eligible and I read they were thinking about not offering him arbitration and cutting him loose. If the Dodgers need a decent right handed middle reliever to get the deal done, so be it.

Why are people so ecstatic about this deal? What are we actually getting that we can use? In return for the one of the best postseason starters out there today, we are getting a guy in Green that is not only a question mark health wise, but he has the same salary as RJ, and will probably only be here for a year with Quinten waiting. Then we've got Penny, who would be a nice pickup, IF he were healthy, which is anybody's guess. And then there is Brazoban, who looks like he is going to be a solid player, but doesnt really fit a need as we already have 3 young fireballers.

So in essence, we are trading away the franchise for two big injury question marks and an increased payroll. We arent getting a single prospect for the future, and adding Koplove just adds insult to injury. Im not opposed to trading RJ, but not for this garbage.

khilari

Rookie
Reaction score
I know that we already have 3 fireballres on the team but Bruney and Papa Grande got hurt last year and we don't know how they are going to response this season. I like Green as a player and he has performed (With Injury) for the Dodgers. He has put up respectable numbers at Dodger Stadium which is one of the top Pitcher Freindly stadiums around.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZZenny said:
If we have to offer an extension to Shawn Green, it makes less and less sense. I was only OK with it because we wouldn't be stuck with him for long.

Which begs the question: why should we be stuck with him at all?