Kroenke has to sell the Rams if they stay in St. Louis

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There is no way around it now based on what he said in the relocation package sent to the NFL. If the Rams stay in St. Louis Kroenke has to sell the team. This document has so much BS in it a man could drown. To rip the fans and city is crazy. He actually said the Rams had improved each year. Not sure what team he was watching but they have had 12 losing seasons in a row and constantly were drafting in the top 10 each year.

I may not be a Rams fan but for him to rip my city and the Rams fans is uncalled for. This city may have issues but what city does not.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-rams-relocation-plan-20160105-story.htm

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He is a terrible owner and doing everything he can to leave. I used to live in St. Louis and feel bad for the Big Red fans still there but it's a baseball town.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont see what is wrong with the article, all he really says is he does not like the STL stadium proposal unless I am just missing something. I even skimmed it twice looking for what is so wrong in the article.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The second article poses:

"St. Louis lags, and will continue to lag, far behind in the economic drivers that are necessary for sustained success of an NFL franchise."

"Any NFL Club that signs on to this proposal in St. Louis will be well on the road to financial ruin, and the League will be harmed."

"Even the most cursory analysis of the St. Louis financial proposal makes no economic sense for an NFL team."

From what I am reading he is right and it would be very expensive to the owners and require them to pay up almost 800 million to build the stadium. Even if in LA it costs the same, they will make far more money in that market than they do in STL.

Why did they leave LA anyway?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
For pure selfish reasons I'd like the Rams to stay in St Louis (cheap tickets, easy trip) but the market data does not lie, the franchise would be more profitable to the league in LA (even with their fickle fan base).

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I may not be a Rams fan but for him to rip my city and the Rams fans is uncalled for. This city may have issues but what city does not.

The same types of things were said about Anaheim/Southern California and Rams fans when Frontiere wanted to move the team east. I heard and read them. It was brutal. As was the crowing of the St. Louis fans after they got the team.

Twenty years later....the same things are being said about Southern California and So Cal fans since the Rams may move back. Now it's Inglewood and Carson getting targeted as horrible places populated by sketchy people. Southern California fans are being called fair weather fans and painted as undesirables... with cooties. Which may be the case for some of the Raiders fans.

Last edited:

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The guy is submitting a relocation proposal. It is pretty much expected that any relocation proposal would say what was wrong with the place they wanted to leave. That is true of an NFL franchise, a corporate headquarters, or anything else like that. It's all spin.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Rams never should have been in St Louis in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think it's BS for billionaires to receive taxpayer money for their stadiums, Even if you're one of the "bottom feeders" of NFL owners $ wise....Finding investors to throw money at the cash cow that is the NFL, doesn't seem like it should be that much of a hurdle.

OP
OP
Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I listened to both sides but what bothers me most is this.

1) Here in St. Louis he wants public money and complains that over $700 million will in private money will also be needed; however, the proposal in Ingelwood is all private money and it is 1.8 billion. So why complain about the private money here

2) the relocation statement he sent to the league states other cities such as New Orleans, Kansas City, and etc just renovated their stadiums and each spent hundreds of millions of dollars to do that while St. Louis would only spend 60-100 million. He wanted the city to spend over $700 million which is double what the other cities spent on renovation. What he fails to mention is some of these if not all of them used tax payer money to pay for all or a portion of it. I specifically remember reading the Louisiana legislature passed a bill to this extent. Now if the owner or other cities owners paid for part of the cost I do not know.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I love the fact that he cited an ESPN.com poll in his package to the NFL...LOL

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Meh. That stadium sucks. The town is sluggishly trying (some say failing) to claw out of the Great Recession.

His investors clearly will only pay for an LA stadium. They have no interest in St. Louis. I assume it is because his investors will receive secondary benefits from a stadium being built in CA, such as increased value in their other holdings, that they won't get with a STL stadium.

I'd love to get the NFCW out of the Midwest entirely. Bring the Rams to LA!

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I listened to both sides but what bothers me most is this.

1) Here in St. Louis he wants public money and complains that over $700 million will in private money will also be needed; however, the proposal in Ingelwood is all private money and it is 1.8 billion. So why complain about the private money here

2) the relocation statement he sent to the league states other cities such as New Orleans, Kansas City, and etc just renovated their stadiums and each spent hundreds of millions of dollars to do that while St. Louis would only spend 60-100 million. He wanted the city to spend over $700 million which is double what the other cities spent on renovation. What he fails to mention is some of these if not all of them used tax payer money to pay for all or a portion of it. I specifically remember reading the Louisiana legislature passed a bill to this extent. Now if the owner or other cities owners paid for part of the cost I do not know.

The question is how long will it take to recoup the $700 million he would need to spend. Not even reading the article I would gather that it would be harder to recoup in st Louis rather than Cali.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Billionaire just care about Money
No feelings on them, someone act like they have but in the end they just care about increasing their income

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Billionaire just care about Money
No feelings on them, someone act like they have but in the end they just care about increasing their income

shouldnt that be his primary focus as a business owner?

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Blah blah blah blah blah.

Rams worth in St. Louis about 930 Million.

Rams worth in LA about 2.5 to 3 Billion.

As you can see this is only going to go one way. The owner has no ties to St. Louis so he's going to move where the money is.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The owner has no ties to St. Louis

Actually, he was born, went to school through his masters degree, and as far as i can tell has lived his whole life in Missouri, and (per Wikipedia) was "named after St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Famers Enos 'Country' Slaughter and Stan 'The Man' Musial." Though he has bought a lot of sports franchises and other businesses in Colorado.

...dbs

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05