Kyle thinks we should beat Miami first, then consider becoming buyers at the trade deadline

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our upcoming schedule includes the Panthers, Patriots, Jets, Bears, Dolphins, and the walking wounded in our division. Only the Vikings are actually a good team on our remaining schedule. If we can't scrape out 6 wins out of the next 10 games we don't deserve to make the playoffs. These teams are weak sauce.
I think you are sleeping big time on the Bears. I think that will be a tougher game than the Vikings one.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
If this is the type of thinking that is in the building then it's no wonder we are 3-4. Games like Washington and Green Bay will happen if the mentality of the organization is "we are not a playoff contender".

It pisses me off that we haven't gone hard at making this a playoff team. The schedule for us to make it is just sitting there in front of us. Even if we lose to Miami.
I have to say this every offseason: 43.75% of NFL teams make the playoffs every year.

There's almost no reason ever to tank going into a season.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I think at 4-4, JG/NR/The Defense will deserve it, yes.

They will deserve the payoff for keeping the team afloat while the offense tries to figure it out.

If we win this week it will probably be 17-14 or something similar, meaning the defense once again, miraculously, held a team under it's season scoring average.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They will deserve the payoff for keeping the team afloat while the offense tries to figure it out.

If we win this week it will probably be 17-14 or something similar, meaning the defense once again, miraculously, held a team under it's season scoring average.
Miami is scoring 11.7 points a game. So, yes, I am sure we will win if we hold them under that average.

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
This defense has had 2 good games this season so far. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Chargers had Absolutely NO problem getting in the red zone, they just couldn't seem to punch it in. Let's first see how this team plays.. Petzing right now doesn't seem like the offensive guru that everyone thought he was. MHJ is trying to catch the ball with his body instead of his hands ( Which is the exact same problem that the Cardinals said they had with Andy Isabella and doesn't work at a NFL level smh ). Don't put the cart before the horse.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get not trading for a guy on an expiring deal, but hell yes on a multi year defender.

We can always make a new deal part of the trade.

I would throw the Saints a bone for Chase Young who's only on a 1 year deal. Give them a 6th that becomes a 5th if he gets 5 sacks and give him a 3 year deal.

I can't help but think he just needs to find the right situation and I think JG and Rallis are guys that would boost his confidence and work to his strengths. He had a 10 sack 75 grade season last year with the Niners.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our upcoming schedule includes the Panthers, Patriots, Jets, Bears, Dolphins, and the walking wounded in our division. Only the Vikings are actually a good team on our remaining schedule. If we can't scrape out 6 wins out of the next 10 games we don't deserve to make the playoffs. These teams are weak sauce.

I think the Jets and Dolphins are good teams, they have just been underperforming for different reasons. No team gets you right like the Cards.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If this is the type of thinking that is in the building then it's no wonder we are 3-4. Games like Washington and Green Bay will happen if the mentality of the organization is "we are not a playoff contender".

It pisses me off that we haven't gone hard at making this a playoff team. The schedule for us to make it is just sitting there in front of us. Even if we lose to Miami.
Yeah, Monti's incompetence in the offseason (or Mikey's stinginess that Monti would have had to agree with when he took the job) is just criminal with this talentless team sitting at 3-4.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Yeah, plenty of blame to go around on the offense. The defense is performing way above expectations; the offense has tanked by comparison.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We can always make a new deal part of the trade.

I would throw the Saints a bone for Chase Young who's only on a 1 year deal. Give them a 6th that becomes a 5th if he gets 5 sacks and give him a 3 year deal.

I can't help but think he just needs to find the right situation and I think JG and Rallis are guys that would boost his confidence and work to his strengths. He had a 10 sack 75 grade season last year with the Niners.
Right situation? The situation with the 9ers last year was the perfect situation for him & they STILL didn’t even attempt to bring him back despite coughing up a 3rd. He has already had plenty of coaches with a lot of experience to try to wake him up & none of them have succeeded, Gannon & Rallis definitely won’t.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right situation? The situation with the 9ers last year was the perfect situation for him & they STILL didn’t even attempt to bring him back despite coughing up a 3rd. He has already had plenty of coaches with a lot of experience to try to wake him up & none of them have succeeded, Gannon & Rallis definitely won’t.

Niners didn't want to pay $15m per or more when they had Aiyuk and Purdy extensions coming up and Trent Williams angling for more money.

They knew they weren't keeping him when they sent the 3rd.

If you're argument is that he is bad, why did the Niners send a 3rd for him?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Niners didn't want to pay $15m per or more when they had Aiyuk and Purdy extensions coming up and Trent Williams angling for more money.

They knew they weren't keeping him when they sent the 3rd.

If your argument is that he is bad, why did the Niners send a 3rd for him?
He signed for peanuts. 49ers easily could have afforded that even with all those extensions they had in mind. The fact no teams offered to sign him to a multi-year deal should give you an idea of how teams feel about him.

The fact he got called out for effort in the NFC Championship game should give you an idea about him.

The fact he is most likely going to be on his 4th team in 6 years should give you an idea about him.

The fact he hasn’t made any defenses better should give you an idea about him.

The fact 49ers didn’t even try to sign him for peanuts despite giving up a 3rd for him should give you an idea about him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He signed for peanuts. 49ers easily could have afforded that even with all those extensions they had in mind. The fact no teams offered to sign him to a multi-year deal should give you an idea of how teams feel about him.

The fact he got called out for effort in the NFC Championship game should give you an idea about him.

The fact he is most likely going to be on his 4th team in 6 years should give you an idea about him.

The fact he hasn’t made any defenses better should give you an idea about him.

The fact 49ers didn’t even try to sign him for peanuts despite giving up a 3rd for him should give you an idea about him.

He signed a 1 year $13m deal. He has to stay healthy to get that deal, but that's been his issue. Not talent.

Who do you think's hitting FA dude? Premium guys with all the talent, character and clean injury histories? Guy's that hit FA generally have something that needs working on.

Pretending the Young wouldn't instantly be by far our best Edge is wild, for a 6th and a well structured contract that's good value.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He signed a 1 year $13m deal. He has to stay healthy to get that deal, but that's been his issue. Not talent.

Who do you think's hitting FA dude? Premium guys with all the talent, character and clean injury histories? Guy's that hit FA generally have something that needs working on.

Pretending the Young wouldn't instantly be by far our best Edge is wild, for a 6th and a well structured contract that's good value.
We have seen teams in every sport stick with players who have had durability concerns. I think you’re out of your mind if you’re on your 3rd team in 5 years with a possible 4th in 6 years & not say talent has NOTHING to do with it. Regardless of health.

There’s footlocker employees that would be our best EDGE player right now. No way you’re trying to prop that up as a ringing endorsement.

I’ve seen you make numerous posts bragging about Monti/Gannon being team-first/non-ego players. You would be hypocritical to then want them to go after a player like Chase Young.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This defense has had 2 good games this season so far. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Chargers had Absolutely NO problem getting in the red zone, they just couldn't seem to punch it in. Let's first see how this team plays.. Petzing right now doesn't seem like the offensive guru that everyone thought he was. MHJ is trying to catch the ball with his body instead of his hands ( Which is the exact same problem that the Cardinals said they had with Andy Isabella and doesn't work at a NFL level smh ). Don't put the cart before the horse.

Moving the ball between the 20s and a few bucks will buy a cup of coffee.

You credit the ' D ' when you don't get it in.

Reaction score
Moving the ball between the 20s and a few bucks will buy a cup of coffee.

You credit the ' D ' when you don't get it in.
I believe the Cards have been the best in red zone defense as well. Not positive but I thought I heard the announcers say that Monday night.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We have seen teams in every sport stick with players who have had durability concerns. I think you’re out of your mind if you’re on your 3rd team in 5 years with a possible 4th in 6 years & not say talent has NOTHING to do with it. Regardless of health.

There’s footlocker employees that would be our best EDGE player right now. No way you’re trying to prop that up as a ringing endorsement.

I’ve seen you make numerous posts bragging about Monti/Gannon being team-first/non-ego players. You would be hypocritical to then want them to go after a player like Chase Young.
I think Chase would have been a good signing before the season. Not because I think he is really good, but 1 year is fine for a player like that. No reason to trade for players on expiring deals tho mid season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan