La Canfora: Expect Reid to end up in AZ

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Tweeted this about 25 minutes ago, maybe horton was first interviewed for rooney rule? Who would be the DC if Reid is hired since I dont see Horton sticking around could end up being the coach in Clev.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I could live with some Andy, let him beef up the line and get him a mobile QB. Horton can continue to kick ass from the booth, so glad he didn't get bounced because of Whiz. Definitely an upgrade and that's all we can ask for.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reid had been reported to have already lined up a coaching staff even before he had been fired. Would this mean the entire Cardinal defensive coaching staff (including Horton) be let go? Dunno.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Maybe Jason reads this board.

Hi Jason! :wave:

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tweeted this about 25 minutes ago, maybe horton was first interviewed for rooney rule? Who would be the DC if Reid is hired since I dont see Horton sticking around could end up being the coach in Clev.

Horton is under contract and, frankly, there is a difference between being passed over for a coach with Reid's resume and another coordinator. Horton is very much in the second tier, at this point, for other HC positions - according to most observers.

Have a hard time believing that he'd have a problem with having a DC on his staff who beat him twice in the past two seasons.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Reid had been reported to have already lined up a coaching staff even before he had been fired. Would this mean the entire Cardinal defensive coaching staff (including Horton) be let go? Dunno.

I would expect he would have a staff lined up but who is to say Horton is not there at least in his mind as part of this staff if Ray is willing to work under him. He has been in the league for a while, has a slew of connections and knows the coaching landscape, so he would have a staff already in mind and a jump on others new to the position. If Horton is let go, that is expected and people here have brought that up. Seldom does a new coach retain past people from the former regime, that is just the way it goes. I would certainly not want to lose Horton the DC, but personally would rather have Reid the HC.

Last edited:

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope MB told Reid he can have the job but Horton has to stay.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

That is not exactly a good way to convince any coach to come here from the get go. If a owner told me that as an order from the start, I would run from the hire as fast as I could. If he suggested he would like Horton to remain and leave it to me, that is a different situation. One does not order a guy on the formation of his own staff, unless the owner is going to coach the team.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

NO, that's exactly what we DON'T want!! It's a slippery slope doing that & the Cardinals already screwed up once by forcing Pendergast on Whisenhunt. If Reid wants Horton, then great. But leave that decision to Reid.

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
CBS Sports' Jason LaCanfora expects ex-Eagles coach Andy Reid to end up as the next head coach of the Cardinals.

Team president Michael Bidwill isn't willing to give up on inconsistent oft-injured QB Kevin Kolb, who tutored under Reid in Philadelphia. A Reid hire could end up costing the Cardinals DC Ray Horton. It's fair to wonder if Reid would reunite with ex-Browns GM Tom Heckert, leading to the exit of VP of player personnel Steve Keim as well. LaCanfora confirms that Horton is interviewing with Cardinals ownership on Tuesday before interviews with Buffalo and Cleveland.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2082/cardinals-offense

Interesting speculation

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That is not exactly a good way to convince any coach to come here from the get go. If a owner told me that as an order from the start, I would run from the hire as fast as I could. If he suggested he would like Horton to remain and leave it to me, that is a different situation. One does not order a guy on the formation of his own staff, unless the owner is going to coach the team.
Like I said yesterday, you don't force a top 5 defense on anyone. Andy (and any other prospect) is smart enough to know that Horton should stay with this defense. It is one of the big reasons a good coach will consider coming here. I'm with Mikey on this, if you don't want Horton and this defense than you don't want the job.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Unless Horton has been interviewed..... Those rumors are completely false.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mikey is a chubby chaser and I love it. We aren't sitting around wondering or speculating on who's doing what. Mikey is not only driving the bus, he's the only one in the bus. The wanting to talk man to man thing on contracts is even further proof of Mikey's dedication to take responsability for this club and the direction it is headed. Mikey is the friggin man. We have been begging for this and it's finally happening. And the bow-tie is still alive so it's even better. Mikey is my hero, first the Mayans were wrong, and now we have a Bidwill that cares. This mudball we call a planet might not be so bad after all.:)

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Mike Jurecki@mikejurecki
Hearing Cards are closing in on Andy Reid to become the new head coach of the Cardinals.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
His presser yesterday said it would be today. Isn't it 2pm there?

Has anyone known a HC interview to last less than 3 to 4 hours? Most are all day affairs.

p.s. I would love it if they were true.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Too many people are reporting it without citing one source...

I think this has legs

Which is phenomenal!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser