La Canfora: Expect Reid to end up in AZ

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Unless Horton has been interviewed..... Those rumors are completely false.

I agree, but it would also be naive to think Bidwill and Horton Didnt already have these discussions before all of this transpired.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Reids best years was when the late Jimmy Johnson was their DC. The Eagles had a smothering defense. The Cardinals have a smothering defense. The Cardinals would be foolish to let Horton go if he doesn't land a HC gig.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The bile is rising. The Kolb trade is just a never ending shaft that keeps getting shoved deeper and deeper.

Disgusted.

Denny Greene Redux.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The bile is rising. The Kolb trade is just a never ending shaft that keeps getting shoved deeper and deeper.

Disgusted.

Denny Greene Redux.

Really? You are pissed about hiring Reid? Or is it because the eagles fleeced us?

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Andy Reid saw this defense up close and in person this year when we straight punked out his dog stain. I think that makes Andy a Horton fan right off the back, the Philly D was supposed to be stellar this year, and Andy got whooped by our defense. Andy is probably banking on the cornrows. :D

I am the Walrus, coocoocachoo

OP
OP
HoodieBets

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
It is now even being reported here in New England on the local radio shows sports updates that Reid is close to signing with the Cards. This is more than smoke now there is a fire.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mikey is a chubby chaser and I love it. We aren't sitting around wondering or speculating on who's doing what. Mikey is not only driving the bus, he's the only one in the bus. The wanting to talk man to man thing on contracts is even further proof of Mikey's dedication to take responsability for this club and the direction it is headed. Mikey is the friggin man. We have been begging for this and it's finally happening. And the bow-tie is still alive so it's even better. Mikey is my hero, first the Mayans were wrong, and now we have a Bidwill that cares. This mudball we call a planet might not be so bad after all.:)

Agree :thumbup:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really? You are pissed about hiring Reid? Or is it because the eagles fleeced us?

I'm pissed about hiring Reid. In terms of managing games he makes Whiz look like Lombardi. Reid is a good GM and a horrible game day coach. His teams suck in the clutch, he has the worst clock management of any coach in football. I hate this hire. If he were being looked at for GM I would be over the moon for him. But I dont see how anyone could watch the Eagles the last several years and be exciting about bringing in this dummy. They've had as much talent as any team in the league and he won LESS games than Whiz the last few years.

And I fully expect to lose Horton. With all the openings around the league he is head coach or gone.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Unless Horton has been interviewed..... Those rumors are completely false.

and Horton is still part of the organization and that interview could have happened long before, it could have happened when it was said he and management had a talk during the season. Horton is on the team, ownership has had access to him all year

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Andy Reid has emerged as the leading candidate to become Arizona's next HC and could be named to job by end of the week, per league sources.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
One league source said he was "95 percent" certain former Eagles HC Andy Reid will wind up coaching the Cardinals.

Mike B is getting his man!

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Reid is my number one choice but don't listen to me...I wanted Buddy Ryan and Denny Green as well.

Would love to keep Horton as DC or get another steeler 3-4 guy that will run the same system.

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
One league source said he was "95 percent" certain former Eagles HC Andy Reid will wind up coaching the Cardinals

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Was Hekert really all that impactful n Cleveland?

Too soon to tell he put together some nice drafts and has been aggressive on draft days. Heckert would be a hell of a pick for GM. Heckert+Reid would be light years better than Whis and Graves. Major coup for Cards. Awesome if it all comes together.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I'm pissed about hiring Reid. In terms of managing games he makes Whiz look like Lombardi. Reid is a good GM and a horrible game day coach. His teams suck in the clutch, he has the worst clock management of any coach in football. I hate this hire. If he were being looked at for GM I would be over the moon for him. But I dont see how anyone could watch the Eagles the last several years and be exciting about bringing in this dummy. They've had as much talent as any team in the league and he won LESS games than Whiz the last few years.

And I fully expect to lose Horton. With all the openings around the league he is head coach or gone.

They lost their entire starting Oline this year due to injury and still had a better offense then we did. He has with regularity had one of the best offenses in the league. Even with a god awful year he had a career winning percentage of around 60%.

What makes everyone here so certain that Horton would be a good HC? Yes he's a good coordinator but that is far from a certainty that he would make a good HC. Hell all the coaches fired the past few days have been damn good coordinators but bad head coaches