La Canfora: Expect Reid to end up in AZ

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I would say there is about a 50% chance that he lands a HC gig this year.

He's getting a lot of play because a) he's an up and coming coordinator and b) he's a minority that fits into the Rooney rule. It is far from a certainty he's getting a head coaching job with all that is available and what teams are looking for.

From everything I remember hearing last year, he was very very close to getting the Lambs job until Fisher finally was given the job. His name will get hotter with every interview, until he lands a gig this year! I heard his interview skills are top notch & he's been successful as a player & coach everywhere. IMO there is zero chance he's our DC this year, unless he's also the HC.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was a great zinger from the PFT comments re: Reid to Arizona:

kvanhorn87 says: Jan 1, 2013 5:51 PM He is going to look like the kool-aid guy in maroon

Hysterical. He will be styling around Christmas time too. :D

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From everything I remember hearing last year, he was very very close to getting the Lambs job until Fisher finally was given the job. His name will get hotter with every interview, until he lands a gig this year! I heard his interview skills are top notch & he's been successful as a player & coach everywhere. IMO there is zero chance he's our DC this year, unless he's also the HC.

This is true. The Lambs were very impressed. Good as gone in my opinion.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

His best bet is Buffalo if he gets a HC gig. There are a number of people out there that could be considered a more sure thing or are hotter names out there. The thing is the NFL is a copycat league and teams right now are looking for offensive coaches.

Could he be gone? Sure and its well deserved. Is it a certainty like you make it sound? Nope, far from it

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers
Not saying Reid won't be #azcardinals next HC but i'm hearing team isn't that far along in process. Haven't heard heckert as GM
Makes sense; yet the national media is gang-banging the wires with "it's Reid" rumors.

I respect Andy's resume, but one thing has been gnawing at me - Despite being handed what was considered a "a dream team", his team underdelivered. That plus, just as Wiz made bad decisions on QB's and lost his job. So Andy made decisions re Kolb and Vick and we hire him? Makes no sense.

Wiz was handed a box of distressed offensive goods, couldn't deliver and was sacked. Not to say we should have kept Wiz, but to then hire Reid (who, like Wiz, failed to perform to acceptable standards only with better talent) also makes no sense.

Last edited:

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Makes sense; yet the national media is gang-banging the wires with "it's Reid" rumors.

I respect Andy's resume, but one thing has been gnawing at me - Despite being handed what was considered a "a dream team", his team underdelivered.

Wiz was handed a box of distressed offensive goods, couldn't deliver and was sacked. Not to say we should have kept Wiz, but to then hire Reid (who, like Wiz, failed to perform to acceptable standards with better talent - makes no sense).

True, but Whiz wasn't handed anything. He built it and couldn't produce with what he built.

Buckybird

Reaction score

I respect Andy's resume, but one thing has been gnawing at me - Despite being handed what was considered a "a dream team", his team underdelivered.

Wiz was handed a box of distressed offensive goods, couldn't deliver and was sacked. Not to say we should have kept Wiz, but to then hire Reid (who, like Wiz, failed to perform to acceptable standards only with better talent - makes no sense).

I agree...it's exciting & yet scary!!! Omg I don't think our Oline will improve much if Juan Castillo is his Oline coach again & his defenses weren't all that good once the great jimmy Johnson passed. :bang:

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SENSE OF URGENCY!

Reid would be a great hire, although without Horton I would be concerned. How many playoff wins did Reid have without Jim Johnson as his DC?
I'm sure Andy wouldn't mind having this defense and it's coordinator intact. I'm curious as to how the power will go. Jurecky kept saying Mikey wanted Keim so Mikey could be in control. Andy aint no yes man, and he loves him some say so when it comes to his teams. But Mikey just got worked to the tune of 5.5 mill and had 3 horrible seasons last time he gave up that kind of control to the head coach.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
True, but Whiz wasn't handed anything. He built it and couldn't produce with what he built.
Our problem is offense and Reid's strength is offense. Even this year with some very key injuries on offense the Eagles were still 15th in total offense. Their defense wasn't good, but the Cards' defense is. So if they can keep the defense intact while improving on offense this team will compete.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
You missed my whole point -If we hired Reid, we'd be rewarding him for the same things that got Wiz fired (in fact, for even worse).
Reid has never had any real issue with Offense and that is the side of the team that we need improvement.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Michael Vick didn't exactly light the world on fire in Philly. And it was Andy who drafted Kolb (before he unloaded him on us).
Vick put up GREAT numbers the year before Kolb was traded to the Cards. Then Andy decided that Vick was the guy and traded Kolb for a pretty good draft pick and a Corner that made the pro bowl that year as well.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Vick put up GREAT numbers the year before Kolb was traded to the Cards. Then Andy decided that Vick was the guy and traded Kolb for a pretty good draft pick and a Corner that made the pro bowl that year as well.

He was in the MVP conversation, I think he finished 2nd to Brady. It was a rebirth in Philly. They were elated to have him.

Last edited:

Buckybird

Reaction score
Isn't Reid going to want a lot of say in personnel just like in Philly? Just sayin

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Horton hasn't left yet and is far from a certainty that he's getting a HC gig. Most teams according to reports are looking for OFFENSIVE coaches. Horton is coaching the wrong side of the ball (unfortunate for him but very fortunate for us)

Why would he stay? I can't imagine there wouldn't be any animosity after being snubbed as nothing more than a Rooney candidate.

Buckybird

Reaction score
It is called a contract, and he is under one. Unless the Cards let him out of it he doesn't have much of a choice other then retire.

IMO I still think its just a hope, prayer & a dream that if Reid is hired as the HC that Horton is the DC. IMO Hortons name is only behind Smith & Reid's on the hotness scale. :D

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
It is called a contract, and he is under one. Unless the Cards let him out of it he doesn't have much of a choice other then retire.

Nah. He's a hot HC candidate and can easily refuse to work for Reid which would send the pink slip his way pretty quickly.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
IMO I still think its just a hope, prayer & a dream that if Reid is hired as the HC that Horton is the DC. IMO Hortons name is only behind Smith & Reid's on the hotness scale. :D

I don't think Horton goes anywhere. His best shot IMO is Buffalo and they have interest in Whisenhunt and vice versa.

The Bills have said they want to draft a QB. They are probably going to want an offensive minded coach.

Buckybird

Reaction score
I don't think Horton goes anywhere. His best shot IMO is Buffalo and they have interest in Whisenhunt and vice versa.

The Bills have said they want to draft a QB. They are probably going to want an offensive minded coach.

I think you & others will be disappointed

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser