Lakers @ Suns 3-9-17

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyler Ulis needs to get the flu. ;)

I know you're kidding but Tyler won't kill the tank. He's still closer to being an untested rookie than anything and he'll struggle often if he's the starter from here on out. I believe in his future but he still needs to fill out, get stronger and learn how to play at this level. But the best thing that could happen to us, even if it costs us a few draft spots, is for Ulis to show us he can be our future starter over the next few weeks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
espn game preview, but I'm not sure now, craig grailou has watson saying 'they seem healthy' about both ulis and bledsoe. Maybe a backhanded comment about front office sitting them out?

I guess we will see at game time.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a perfect world, we'd play Bledsoe and Ulis tonight and blow out the Lakers. A lot of fans here want a loss but I'm confident the vast majority of Suns fans would prefer a statement game against our divisional foes. Especially because it's one of those rare chances for us to receive positive press from the TNT crew.

Then, to keep the perfect world going, we'd rest Eric for the remaining games and start Knight, Dudley and Williams. Knight and Dudley would insure we didn't win again and we'd be able to re-sign Alan without creating a huge bidding war for his services. Quality back-up bigs like him are getting good money, Ulis is making his financial future brighter with every game they pair up.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a perfect world, we'd play Bledsoe and Ulis tonight and blow out the Lakers. A lot of fans here want a loss but I'm confident the vast majority of Suns fans would prefer a statement game against our divisional foes. Especially because it's one of those rare chances for us to receive positive press from the TNT crew.

Wha? No team that's going to win less than 30 games is going to make a statement by beating one of the worst teams in the league. That's beyond insane if ANY fan is thinking that.

I mean, that's Foam Finger Thinking back in the Amare-less Nash days that if we just get that 8 seed, everything will be fine and dandy!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like injury report has bledsoe out, we'll still beat the lakers... keep him out vs Dallas as well, easy excuse it is a back to back.

shut him down for the year.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wha? No team that's going to win less than 30 games is going to make a statement by beating one of the worst teams in the league. That's beyond insane if ANY fan is thinking that.

I mean, that's Foam Finger Thinking back in the Amare-less Nash days that if we just get that 8 seed, everything will be fine and dandy!

Okay, I'm insane, thanks for your support.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you're kidding but Tyler won't kill the tank. He's still closer to being an untested rookie than anything and he'll struggle often if he's the starter from here on out. I believe in his future but he still needs to fill out, get stronger and learn how to play at this level. But the best thing that could happen to us, even if it costs us a few draft spots, is for Ulis to show us he can be our future starter over the next few weeks.

It was rumored Bledsoe was out at the time of my comment. If Ulis was out as well, the Suns would have been hard pressed to win. Now both could play although Ulis reportedly has ankle pain.

Ulis is a rookie but I feel good things are going to happen whenever he is on the court.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was rumored Bledsoe was out at the time of my comment. If Ulis was out as well, the Suns would have been hard pressed to win. Now both could play although Ulis reportedly has ankle pain.

Ulis is a rookie but I feel good things are going to happen whenever he is on the court.

They often do but he's still just a rookie and a long ways from being what he's capable of becoming. Teams will find a way to shut him down, he'll have to learn how to adjust.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns lead 23-15 in 1st quarter at the 5:56 mark.

Bledsoe is so good at running the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warren is playing so well and consistent of late but I don't want to jinx him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
End of 1st quarter:

Suns 33- Lakers 32

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zubac is a good looking young player for the Lakers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that dude had some game

I agree.

He was drafted #32 in the 2016 draft. I was hoping he would fall to the Suns but the they did alright drafting Ulis in the second round.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Halftime:

Suns 63- Lakers 61

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow suns getting destroyed...Who woulda thought dat??

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
YES!!! Although it was disgusting rooting for the lakers.

Lakers haven't been able to shoot since they traded lou, and they were burying threes today.... maybe it is destiny we get a top pick.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game is the first thing this team has done right in a week.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
YES!!! Although it was disgusting rooting for the lakers.

Lakers haven't been able to shoot since they traded lou, and they were burying threes today.... maybe it is destiny we get a top pick.

Yeah this loss was needed and is a bonus!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, I'm insane, thanks for your support.

Sorry Steve... I'm just incredulous that any fan thinks there could be a such thing as a statement game in a season like this. I mean what's the statement?

"Hey, we're the fourth worst team in the league, not the second!"

Not much of a statement.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05