Lame fouls

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
Just another reason to hate the Spurs. I realize its legal and necessary at times. But to do it with 3 and 2 minutes left is just a disgrace to the game. It's a flagrant foul and should be called as such. We should just foul Duncan back the whole game. Just trade freethrows the entire game. Then maybe the NBA would realize how gay this tactic is.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i hope the suns fans on friday night count down from 10,9,8...

like everyone used to do to karl malone.

Bong

Registered
Reaction score
These are intentional fouls which means that should be technicals. The fact that Stern has ordered the refs not to call them technicals is what makes this league a joke.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
These are intentional fouls which means that should be technicals. The fact that Stern has ordered the refs not to call them technicals is what makes this league a joke.

Since when is an off ball foul a tech? The refs don't call it that way, because that's not what the rule book says.

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
My only problem with hack a Shaq is that it slows the game down and illustrates the Spurms, "win at all costs" mentality. They really are the Patriots of the NBA. They will take advantage of every rule and get away with as much as possible.

Also, why hack Shaq at this stage in his career? In my opinion hacking shaq only benefited us. He was virtually responsible for our only points in the third.

buttsR4rebounding

Registered
Reaction score
My only problem with hack a Shaq is that it slows the game down and illustrates the Spurms, "win at all costs" mentality. They really are the Patriots of the NBA. They will take advantage of every rule and get away with as much as possible.

Also, why hack Shaq at this stage in his career? In my opinion hacking shaq only benefited us. He was virtually responsible for our only points in the third.

If you don't have a "win at all costs" mentality you will have no chance to win a championship.

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
Your coach don't play enough players to give those fouls away and even if he did put in scrubs to foul Tim, Pop would find a way to abuse those 2nd-tier players. He always does.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't have a "win at all costs" mentality you will have no chance to win a championship.

seriously! did someone just bad mouth a team for doing whatever they could to win? that makes zero sense to me.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score

Champions win at all costs.... Losers complain and blame everyone but themselves for the loss.

....and the broken record keeps on spinning:bang:

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Sort of like in the NFL when QB's spike the ball.
They're in the pocket between the tackles and intentionally ground the ball to stop the clock.
Intentional grounding?........no?
Kind of makes you go hmmmm.......;)

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Since when is an off ball foul a tech? The refs don't call it that way, because that's not what the rule book says.

Look you Laker homer, if the refs don't make up rules to help the Suns it's because they love the Spurs.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
actually its not that far off..

many here is expecting the refs to call beneficial fouls to the Suns...

if not... its "bad" officiating..

Game 1 was average officiating, Game 2 was actually decent/okay.

It happens to every team.

Now, if it was really really obvious that refs are controlling the game to help another team then its a different story.... and usually... ALL fans notice it... even the fans of the team that is benefitting from the "questionable" calls.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking Dodie.. Why not put Duncan on the line!? He's been horrible. I guess he needs to stare longer at the rim.

If anything has the ability to shake the confidence of the Spurs, "Hack-A-Duncan" could do it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Duncan starts out of rythmn at the line,he's awful the rest of the night. If he makes his first few, he's solid.

To my knowledge, no one has ever tried Hack-A-Duncan. We don't know how he would respond to it. I would love to see D'Antoni doing that.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tim shot 73% ft this season so hack a duncan is a terrible idea

Look at his career 4th Q FT% and it becomes intriguing. Timmy has always had trouble hitting free throws in the clutch.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05