Larry Fitzgerald Chooses Jersey Number...

Jim O

Reaction score

The NFL tweaked their jersey policy for receivers allowing them to select numbers 11-19 in addition to the 80-89 range.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Jim. Whatever numbers he wears as long as he produces and help this team, its all good.

OP
OP
Jim O

Jim O

Reaction score
PHX Phan said:
jim,
got a pic of him holding the jersey?

Actually the jersey that he was holding at the presser was 04. It was after the presser that he decided to wear number 11.

You heard it here first! :D

AzCards06

Rookie
Reaction score
11- a quarterback number.

Fitzgerald is an impressive young man, looks like he's a trend setter.

Hopefully, he'll be the last Cardinal to ever wear #11.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Oh yeah, double 1s.

The gunfighter is here to help out the new sheriff in town.

Watch out there NFC West.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
AzCards06 said:
Double 1.

Section 11 won't have to buy a new jersey.

LOL oh the irony the guy he didn't want took his number. Too funny.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Jim Omohundro said:

The NFL tweaked their jersey policy for receivers allowing them to select numbers 11-19 in addition to the 80-89 range.

Uck. Really? I think he'd be a good 84 or 89. A wide receiver wearing 11 is like a baseball player in spring training wearing 85 or something.

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
I like it, but numbers in the 10's remind me of Meshawn. Why was it that he could wear #19? I'm sure there's a good reason.

spanky1

Reaction score
krepitch said:
Uck. Really? I think he'd be a good 84 or 89. A wide receiver wearing 11 is like a baseball player in spring training wearing 85 or something.

We've had a #89.....and he is now in Miami......good ridance

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Moss when he came into the NFL worse #18 that is one my lucky numbers THEN THEY MADE HIM CHANGE TO AN 80s NUMBER :(

Meyshawn got away with it because supposedly all the 80s numbers were taken. What BS.

Culpepper when he came in to the NFL wore #12 I always thought the Vikes would only win a SB when their QB wore #12 and then he switched to #11. ARGH :(

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Jim Omohundro said:

Nice

81 and 11.

This draft was good. I didn't know much about the 3-7 rounders, but I know that this team wanted to get Fitzgerald, and we now have him on the team.

Now sign him quickly and get him in camp.

Peace
:thumbup:

Sign them all quickly

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i hate 11 (not you section). it's just not a wr's number. this bothers me.

OP
OP
Jim O

Jim O

Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
i hate 11 (not you section). it's just not a wr's number. this bothers me.

Due to the new rule that I brought up earlier, the 11-19 numbers will become more and more common for receivers.

Let's hope that Larry will be the one to put these new numbers on the map for WR's.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WizardOfAz said:
How long until they are in the team shop?

If they do it like las year, just in time for your New Years party.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Meyshawn got away with it because supposedly all the 80s numbers were taken. What BS.
Keyshawn has paid a fine every year he's been in the NFL for wearing 19, I believe.

As an aside, I really don't understand all the hate for Keyshawn. The man hasn't opened his mouth wide ebough to insert his foot lately, he always gives 100% on the field and has never had a hissy fit on the sideline toward his teammates like Owens or Moss. He'll make Dallas a better team. He basically grew out of his immaturity, IMO.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Keyshawn has paid a fine every year he's been in the NFL for wearing 19, I believe.

That's not true. Keyshawn got number 19 before the rule was instated, so he has an exception.

As an aside, I really don't understand all the hate for Keyshawn. The man hasn't opened his mouth wide ebough to insert his foot lately, he always gives 100% on the field and has never had a hissy fit on the sideline toward his teammates like Owens or Moss. He'll make Dallas a better team. He basically grew out of his immaturity, IMO.

That's ignoring the fact that he was deactivated the entire end of the season last year for his attitude. For a team to deactivate a player getting paid as much as he is, it's telling. Keyshawn has been a huge bust; not that he hasn't been productive, but he hasn't been worthy of the number 1 selection in the draft.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Krangthebrain said:
That's not true. Keyshawn got number 19 before the rule was instated, so he has an exception.
Huh. I thought I'd read somewhere that he basically buys the right to wear a non-WR #.

That's ignoring the fact that he was deactivated the entire end of the season last year for his attitude. For a team to deactivate a player getting paid as much as he is, it's telling. Keyshawn has been a huge bust; not that he hasn't been productive, but he hasn't been worthy of the number 1 selection in the draft.
Yeah, something's fishy there though, I think. Keyshawn gets the boot, but there was nothing in the news about his attitude leading up to it. I think it may be more of a case of a clash of personalities between Gruden and Keyshawn. Not that it's excusable, but I think there's a difference between public tirades and closed door "discussions."

Also, I never said Keyshawn lived up to his #1 billing, but he's VERY solid. He catched everything that's thrown at him and is fearless. He's not the WR he once was (or once thought he was).

I'm not blind to Keyshawns problems or shortcomings. In fact, I have no reason to stick up for the guy other than I think he gets a bum rap sometimes.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AzCards06 said:
11- a quarterback number.

Fitzgerald is an impressive young man, looks like he's a trend setter.

Hopefully, he'll be the last Cardinal to ever wear #11.

Sorry but picking the number 11 is far from impressive. I'll wait and see how he performs on the field before we annoint him impressive. The only trend he set was doing something that had already been done by Keyshawn Johnson.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Who cares what darn number he wears - I could care less if its 89, 11, 77, 62, or 29. All I care about is how he, Bryant Johnson & Boldin will create havoc for defenses & this could be the best young WR trio in the league. ;)

:thumbup:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05