Last year / This year

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Last year before the injury's, we were playing above our talent level. Then we got killed once everyone was hurt.

This year we have added more veterans. Alot more of the "starters" of last season are now backups(like they should of been).

The biggest impact on a team is the QB. Just a change at that spot will change the entire outlook of the team.

Jake Plummer gave us as fans new hope when he was drafted. He made alot of exciting plays. But I truely believe Jeff Blake is what the doctor ordered in AZ...

He is no super star, he wont put this team on his back and take us to the playoffs alone. But he will move the chains. He will score TD's. He will NOT make many turnovers...

Turnovers are the name of the game. With the change in turnover ratio this team should have with the new QB. That alone IMO wins atleast 3 more games for us...

3 more games = an 8-8 season...

Follow that with an easier schedule, more experienced players, NOT the youngest team anymore. A combo of Emmitt and Shipp in the back field. A true FB, an O line WITH depth!

We have a defence to be honest cant get any worse. With 3 high draft picks on the D line we HAVE to start to get a push at the QB. It sounds like we have found a true leader on D with the addition of Dexter Jackson, not to mention his speed.

This team still needs "STAR" players, and there are still question marks at places. But I dont remember a Cardinal team put together as well or with the potential to compete as this one may have...

We have no proven WR's on the team. That may hurt us pretty badly, but it we also have #1,#2,#3 round talent along with 2 noname guys that at least did a descent job filling in last year Kasper & McAddley... So there is atleast potential there.

I hope I am not wrong, I seem to repeat this statment EVERY YEAR!

But I truely think the Cardinals will be a good team this year!

Not the Superbowl, probably not top in the division, but I think we can push for the top spot and scare afew teams.

Last edited:

azwulf

TD Cardinals
Reaction score
You are right. I was thinking along the same lines.

The "camp seems more intense than last year", "speed has picked up" and other phrases can be found in the posts about last years camp (albeit on the other site).

I hope that these informations are true and that we are becoming a better team.

But were are we coming from and how far have we moved? :?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Originally posted by BEERZ

Follow that with an easier schedule, more experienced players, NOT the youngest team anymore. A combo of Emmitt and Shipp in the back field. A true FB, an O line WITH depth!

We have a defence to be honest cant get any worse. With 3 high draft picks on the D line we HAVE to start to get a push at the QB. It sounds like we have found a true leader on D with the addition of Dexter Jackson, not to mention his speed.

This team still needs "STAR" players, and there are still question marks at places. But I dont remember a Cardinal team put together as well or with the potential to compete as this one may have...

We have no proven WR's on the team. That may hurt us pretty badly, but it we also have #1,#2,#3 round talent along with 2 noname guys that at least did a descent job filling in last year Kasper & McAddley... So there is atleast potential there.

I hope I am not wrong, I seem to repeat this statment EVERY YEAR!

But I truely think the Cardinals will be a good team this year!

Not the Superbowl, probably not top in the division, but I think we can push for the top spot and scare afew teams.

agree that we will need some "difference makers" like a terrell owens, kurt warner, mike vick, ricky williams, a ( a superstar like you said beerz) to get deep into to the playoffs.

I also agree that we are, without question, a better team this year and we have a shot at making the playoffs.

I'll add that our head coach now has a sense of urgency:

mac: (sniff, sniff) "you guys smell something burning?" :wave:

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
actually jeff blake is a great player and if he doesnt get hurt is going to take the cards to the playoffs. one thing though, he is my favorite player but he will stand in the pocket to long so get ready for some sacks but also get ready for the cannon which is the best in the bussiness.