What Would Be An Excellent Year For Kyler Murray?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Generational talent? Why do people keep saying this lie here?
this comes from different definitions: K1 was drafted in the 1st round in both MLB and the NFL -- so that makes him the rare athlete that (likely) would be a high end player in two pro leagues. Those guys dont come along very often -- Bo Jackson, Deion, Charlie Ward (maybe).

as for generational QB? nope.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Before I saw your expectations , mine were pretty close.
4000 yards
26 td ( I think rb td’s will take some)
12 ints.
400 yds rushing
5 tds
If Kyler stays healthy & his weapons stay healthy, he will meet or even surpass these numbers. And that would be exceptional because this offensive system isn't about putting up gawdy passing numbers.

netsnjkidd

Veteran
Reaction score
this comes from different definitions: K1 was drafted in the 1st round in both MLB and the NFL -- so that makes him the rare athlete that (likely) would be a high end player in two pro leagues. Those guys dont come along very often -- Bo Jackson, Deion, Charlie Ward (maybe).

as for generational QB? nope.
Yea his generational athlete. Not generational qb people are confusing the two

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
If he wins MVP this year, you guys will be changing your tune about his innate talent! :)

And I guess I'm the last one on the "K1 is a generational, transcendent talent" ship! So be it!

I really can't believe it's come to this. I feel so sad for Kyler that he was saddled with Bill Bidwill, Steve Keim and Kliff Kingsburry his first four years in the league. I can't imagine a more toxic environment!

Last edited:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
That’s why I don’t think we will see gaudy numbers from Kyler like 4600 yds and 35 td.
Best for the tea m is best for him. Oh it will open the highlight spectacular plays more often , with less passing! Always has, always will.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is something I didn't know.

Here is the last 10 years in passing yards per game

2014 236.8
2015 243.8
2016 241.5
2017 224.4
2018 237.8
2019 235.0
2020 240.2
2021 228.3
2022 218.5
2023 218.9

4200 yards would be 247 yards per game. Only 9 QBs did that last year.

Lawrence
Allen
Mahomes
Stafford
Prescott
Purdy
Goff
Tua
Stroud

Certainly this is a list to be on

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If he wins MVP this year, you guys will be changing your tune about his innate talent! :)

And I guess I'm the last one on the "K1 is a generational, transcendent talent" ship! So be it!

I really can't believe it's come to this. I feel so sad for Kyler that he was saddled with Bill Bidwill, Steve Keim and Kliff Kingsburry his first four years in the league. I can't imagine a more toxic environment!
No, you are not the only one on the ship.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Numbers for an excellent season from Kyler. That would be 10 wins with a shot at the playoffs. Leading the offense averaging about 25 points per game. Don’t care how Kyler does it (throwing the ball or handing it off to Conner)
Your expectations of the defense is pretty high if you expect 10 wins even if Kyler plays excellent. Even Drew Brees couldn’t get the Saints to .500 at times during the 2010s when he was playing excellent ball.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your expectations of the defense is pretty high if you expect 10 wins even if Kyler plays excellent. Even Drew Brees couldn’t get the Saints to .500 at times during the 2010s when he was playing excellent ball.
yeah I was just saying what I thought "would be an excellent year for Kyler" not what I thought the Cardinals would actually do.

If Kyler does have an "Excellent year" then I think that makes the defense better based off the fact that they won't be on the field as much as last season. That would give the Cardinals a chance to win in each and every game. The defense wouldn't have to be great. They would just need to be decent. I'm hoping that at a minimum that the run defense has at least improved over last season.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If Kyler does have an "Excellent year" then I think that makes the defense better based off the fact that they won't be on the field as much as last season. That would give the Cardinals a chance to win in each and every game. The defense wouldn't have to be great. They would just need to be decent. I'm hoping that at a minimum that the run defense has at least improved over last season.
Do we have to do this again? Time of possession doesn't matter. It doesn't have any correlation to anything. The difference between Arizona's 22nd-ranked TOP and New Orleans' Top 5 ranking is less than 2' per game.

The 2023 Cards ranked 17th in total offensive plays last year while ranking 23rd in drives.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m an old man. Viking Fan in Arizona until the Cards moved Home. I’ve seen a lot of football, mostly Sad.

I want a lot of High lights that make me smile! And 7 wins. He gets me 7 wins I’m a happy camper.

two play off wins and who they be talking about in 2025?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I’m an old man. Viking Fan in Arizona until the Cards moved Home. I’ve seen a lot of football, mostly Sad.

I want a lot of High lights that make me smile! And 7 wins. He gets me 7 wins I’m a happy camper.

Truth. Two playoff wins this season and all next summer the talking heads will be touting kyler as an mvp

Gambler

Veteran
Reaction score

Vikings then Cardinals? That’s rough. Hang in there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky